Chapter 2

Why did we even do this

Life continued as normal for Hyeri for the weekend.

Hyeri’s POV

Thank god it was the weekend, no more stupid queenka’s to deal with. I made a face as I stared into my bowl of cereal, but as I looked around the room, I felt lonliness creep back into my heart slowly, all I could think about were the past sweet memories we had created together.

Flashback

I had a blanket draped around my shoulders and was watching a random TV show, there was a lot of kissing and such so I flipped to another channel, FLOMP, FLOMP, Daehyun came down the stairs and sat down beside me, tugging at my blanket he dragged me over to him and pulled me close into his comforting embrace, I stopped from my channel flicking when this movie caught my eyes, Dance Subaru, like the main character I had a passion for ballet, it became one of my hobbies as I lost myself in its lullaby, I wish I was stronger like Subaru and settled down for the hundredth time in Daehyun’s warm arms to watch it again. I felt his warm breath on my cheek as he placed a kiss gently upon it, we spent our time lazing around and watching movies while cuddling for the rest of the day.

I sighed, shaking my head, these memories won’t ever come true again I thought sadly, a tear trickling down lightly again. There was nothing in the fridge for lunch or dinner so I slid my feet into a pair of comfortable sneakers and walked down to the market.

~~~

After paying, I struggled to hold onto the various bags of groceries, I had bought too much! I huffed angrily at the heavy bags and tried to walk quicker than the clumsy stumble I was doing right now. Suddenly my weight was lifted and a familiar cheery voice rang in my ear “You look like you need a lot of help with this.”

Jongup’s POV

I was just strolling down the street after going to the gym and saw the cute girl from the other day, she was throwing a tantrum at the bags she was carrying while walking around awkwardly. Heh, cute. That was all I could describe her as, as she once again stumbled and nearly tripped on nothing. Jogging over lightly I took the bags from her easily while talking through the lollipop in my mouth. “You look like you need help with this.” She turned her head and blinked owlishly up at me with her big, pretty eyes. I blinked back for a few seconds before turning to the direction she had been walking in. “Well, come on then, show me your house or I’ll just steal all your stuff back to mine.” She stood there confused for a bit before running down the sidewalk next to me. “Wait!” I stopped and turned around, “Why do you keep helping me?” She blinked up curiously at me again. I beamed down at her and pinched one cheek “Because your cute.” Was my only reply before I started walking again, she stood there stumped “Looks like we’re going to my house then~” I sang. “No, wait!” I heard her complain before she lead me to her house.” The rest of the way concluded with witty banter of me teasing her or cracking jokes which would cause her to pout or give me a sweet melodious laugh.

~~~

Hyeri’s POV

“Thanks for helping me bring my stuff back,..?” “Jongup, Jongup oppa” He smiled widely at me once again. “Jongup oppa it is then.” I replied, laughing. “Well, I should go now then.” He replied. “OH, WAIT!” He turned to face me, I stumbled on a rock in my haste to get to him, “Woah.” He caught me around the waist before I could kiss the ground. Blushing furiously, I muttered my thanks, to which he laughed at, “Stop laughing!” I pouted crossly. “Ok, ok.” He said, still laughing, “What is it?” “Umm.. Did you know we were going to see each other?” I blinked curiously up at him, Looking down at me, he only smiled mysteriously “That’s for me to know, and you to find out. See you on Monday, kid.” He laughed, and ruffled my hair before leaving. My jaw dropped, “Don’t mess with the hair! And, I’m not a kid! And wait- what? Monday?!?!”