Chapter 7

Why did we even do this

ZE:A Hyungsik: Beautiful Lady

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfLGfiBZJSo

Daehyun's POV

"Shhh, I promised you didn't I? I'll protect you from everyone and everything." Pulling away from her hug, I wiped at the tears still leaking from her beautiful eyes. We stayed like this for a moment, just in each others arms drawing comfort from each other. Tenderly I her bruised cheek, and frowned when I saw her flinching away from the pain. "Come on, let's get you patched up." I pinched her nose gently.

I pulled her onto my back gently, making sure her injured ankle wasn't touched. "Comfy?" I asked, and at her nod of confirmation I started slowly towards the nurses office, a comfortable silence between us on the way there.

~~~

Thhe nurse wasn't in when I had set her down so I decided to treat her wounds myself.

Gently I started with her face, cleaning out the open wounds caused by the queenka's nails I applied some ointment, and a band-aid, all the while talking softly comforting Hyeri from any pain she might feel. Seeing as the nurse still was not back I decided I'd move onto the sprained ankle myself. I helped Hyeri ice it until the swelling had receded and wrapped it up neatly.

"All done!" I smiled down at her sweetly. "Aigoo, my Hyeri did so well." I gave her cheek another light pinch, grinning as the blush spread across her face. "Since school is about to end, I'll go get you're stuff and explain to the teacher what happened. I'll walk you home after that."

"Thank you, Daehyun oppa. For everything." My girl smiled up at me offering the sweetest smile ever.

~~~

The school bell had just rang, signifying the end of the day. There was a sudden rush of students as they stampeded out of the classroom. Knocking on the door lightly I walked in and bowed to the teacher.

"Seonsaengnim, Hyeri-shi was hurt during lunch break and I brought her to the nurse. I'd like to have permission to bring her back home." I smiled politely.

"Of course, Daehyun-haksaeng, make sure she gets home safely." She smiled down kindly at me before continuing to sort through her papers.

When I moved to get her stuff I saw Zelo, Youngjae and Jongup still here. Waving a see-you-tomorrow at them I slung her bag on my shoulders and moved to go back to Hyeri.

Halfway down the hallway I heard Jongup calling out to me. I turned back to face him.

"Where is Hyeri-shi?" He asked, a frown on his face.

"She got hurt by some bullies during lunch, luckily I managed to save her before nothing major happened, I'm just sending her home now." I smiled awkwardly at him, I don't think he liked me very much.

Suddenly he glared daggers at me. "It's because you're around that Hyeri-shi always gets hurt. I've seen the way she looks at you, she loves you but all you do is just play around with her feelings."

Tightening my grip on the shoulder strap, the smile slid off my face. "You have no idea what happened so I suggest you shut up."

"I don't need to, just stop hurting Hyeri-shi." His eyes had darkened considerably too.

"And who are you to say that? Her boyfriend?" At his silence I nodded. "Thought so."

Spinning around I headed to the nurses office fuming in anger.

Hyeri's POV

I looked around the nurses office waiting for Daehyun oppa to come back. I can still feel my heart beating so fast from Daehyun oppa's actions earlier. The blush returned to my face as I remembered his soft hands dancing on my skin as he patched me up. 

Ba-bump, Ba-bump. I knew this feeling, it was the same as when Daehyun oppa first asked me to be his girlfriend, the amount of joy and nervousness I felt was the same as now and I began considering accepting Daehyun oppa back into my life.

He had proven himself to still care and love me, and protect me from the queenka bullies, but my frail heart that had already been broken before didn't want to sustain anymore damage. I remember the feeling of it breaking into a hundred million pieces when I had learned of my family's death. The only thing holding that together before had been Daehyun oppa, and now with him being the one who had betrayed me, I didn't know what to think anymore.

My thoughts drifted to Jongup oppa suddenly. When Daehyun oppa had betrayed me, I had found Jongup oppa and he had been the one holding me together. He had always been there for me just like Daehyun oppa had before.

...

It couldn't be possible, my head was left spinning at the possibility. There were too many similarities in the way they treated me. 

Biting my lip, I thought long and hard about this and the only conclusion I could think of was Jongup oppa might like me.

The door opened suddenly, Daehyun oppa smiling at me, our bags in his hand.

"Ready to go princess?"

I smiled back automatically "Yup!"

When he offered his back to me, I hopped on quickly. I felt my heartbeat speed up at the close contact again and I knew in that moment that I loved Daehyun oppa with all my heart and although I cared deeply for Jongup oppa, it wasn't the same and would never be enough.

~~~

Daehyun oppa had carried me all the way back home. I was sitting up on the bed while he sat on the edge. Tenderly, he reached out with one hand to cup my cheek. Sighing softly, I leaned against it with a smile. He smiled too.

The fading sunlight filtering in through the window hit the side of his face, he seemed to glow with a halo surrounding him, the warm breeze blowing in brushing through his hair softly, slowly he leaned in his eyes drifting close, I closed my eyes expectantly the touch of his soft lips brushing against mine made a feeling of exilhiration. Nothing had ever felt so right before.

Daehyun's POV

I tenderly my thumb against her cheek, saw her sigh as a comfortable smile drifted across her face. The fading sunlight glowed like a halo around her. My angel. Leaning in slowly, my eyes drifted close as I pressed my lips on hers for a sweet chaste kiss. The feelings exploded within me, it felt like the first time we kissed, nothing felt more right than being here with her, in this moment. 

Pulling away slightly, I pressed our foreheads together, "I love you." I whispered lovingly.

"Me too." Her eyes exuding the same light of love as me.

 

HELLOOOOO EVERYONE! Hope you all had a happy 2015 start of the year and this is the next chapter! Very sorry for the late and very random updates, but as of now I haven't been able to create a specific schedule on which days to write and post and have sorted gone with the flow, there are days where I write huge portions of the chapters, and days where I just have nothing to write, so sorry about that! *bows* Hopefully that will be sorted out soon. Anyways nothing else really, I couldn't seem to find another good song to suit the feels at the end but 'Beautiful Lady' by Hyunsik is an *ahem* beautiful song (geddit?) and I'd really appreciate some comments from others on how to improve injecting emotions such as the last bit into stories because theres another idea I'm working on which involves a lot of emotions and I'd like to be able to convey it well in that story so I'm practising now and FEEDBACK PLEASEEE!!

Thats all for today, enjoy the chapter!

Author-nim ^^