Chappie 2

Not My Type.

 


Eun Hee rushed to the downstairs and half-heartedly ran to the dining room. To be greeted by her mommies and daddies and also the now grumpy boy, Jung Daehyun. Eun Hee let a dry laugh; Daehyun is the angriest when he has to wait for his food and a grumpy Daehyun in the morning wouldn’t be good for the rest of the days. “Ahahaha…” Eun Hee said and then she greeted the elders who’s been talking some matters “Hei moms! Dads!”, then quickly took her seat, unluckily beside the before cool now grumpy boy. Eun Hee silently sighed.

And if you’re asking, why moms and dads? That’s because, Daehyun’s parents came in also, and Eun Hee and Daehyun have known each other for like… since the day they’ve went to the pre-school. Basically, when they’re still kids, their parents are super-duper busy till the extent that they have to take shifts for taking care the kids, for your information lovelies, their parents have known each other for such a long time, and they’re separated, till the day Daehyun and Eun Hee met in the pre-school, they somehow became close friends.

One time, it’ll be the Jungs taking care for them, and then later it’d be the Yoons. Every day goes like that till they’re grown enough to take care themselves which is when Daehyun and Eun Hee are in the 5th of elementary.

Eun Hee took a quick glance at Daehyun, he’s grinning like crazy smelling the aroma from the miso soup, Eun Hee’s mom, Yoon Eun Sang came back to the dining room while holding a pot, freshly cooked and is hot, judging from her wearing the soft pink kitchen gloves, with some lace twirled around it. Eun Hee’s mom put down the pot on the middle of the full garnished table. Once she removed the pot’s lid, Daehyun’s mouth looks like watering, his eyes are shining.  “Wooaahhh!!” he blurted.

“Dae~ I’m sad…” Daehyun’s mom, Jung Solbi pouted. Maybe she wonders if her son really heard what she said. Her husband, Jung Daehan smiled and patted his wife’s back. He slightly chuckled, seeing the two reacted, Eun Hee’s dad, Yoon Chae Young also chuckled, he always have food to eat and it’s always delicious, while his friend over there, must cook by himself since Daehan is always interested in culinary.

The six ate the full set breakfast happily, Daehyun just went back from the States, finishing all of his work related to the company successfully, and Eun Hee is enjoying her holiday (for only 1 month actually but it’s a long holiday!) the four elders finally have some time to chat properly filling the room with laughter and the loud gobbling and munching of Eun Hee and Daehyun, they have such a big, BIG appetite.

Until the conversation the six don’t really think seriously.

“ Yah… you two seriously.” Chae Young said, as he saw the two eating and not feeding each other like how should they be. Sensing someone talking about them, Eun Hee and Daehyun stopped eating immediately and stared widely at Chae Young, “What??” the two asked in unison, if it’s about interrupting their eating business, they certainly don’t like it. “No, but shouldn’t you two feed each other?” Chae Young continued, “Ah.. it’s right! You two are not progressing really that well huh?” Daehan chirped in. Hearing that, the two eyes are staring widely in confusion. “Chk, you two are really…” looks like the dads weren’t enough, the moms entered the elders’ talk. “Innocent, innocent.” Eun Sang and Solbi joined together to finish the last word. Eun Hee nearly choked at her miso soup while Daehyun coughed hardly. “Eiiii….  You four.” Eun Hee scowled. “That’s right! How can you insult like that? So sad.” Daehyun followed. “Not, it’s not like that, Daehyun just back from the States, shouldn’t you treat him more sweetly?” Chae Young stated. Eun Hee now coughed; Daehyun patted her back so she can get back to normal. “Dad! I treat him nicely! Nice enough so that I won’t kick him this morning.” Eun Hee bluntly said.

Daehyun suddenly stopped patting her back; he went back to his eating after he stuck out his tongue and pouted. Eun Hee elbowed Daehyun, “Yah… don’t be like that.” Eun hee said, nearly… with some cute act. Daehyun stared at her widely, how many times did he stare widely today? “Yah Yoon Eun Hee since when you have those aegyo?” Daehyun asked, almost bewildered.

“How dare you Jung Daehyun, I’m the aegyo queen don’t you know me?” Eun Hee snorted, “And dads, moms, how can I feed him when I have to feed myself?” Eun Hee continued. “Ah that’s right we don’t have time to feed each other where we need to feed ourselves.” Daehyun followed. Eun Hee nodded in agreement, and then they went back eating their nth portion of rice.

The elders clucked their tongue and shook their head in disagreement, looking their kids like that, living their lives to eat.  “So… Eun Hee, Daehyun it’s been a while since you two gone out right…?” Eun Sang muttered, she doesn’t even know the reason why she said that. “Eung.” Eun Hee let out a simple answer. “Why?” Daehyun followed after, he’s picking up some ‘galbi’ to eat.

“And are you two sure you haven’t improved yet?” Solbi also joined in, “Mom, we’re serious, nope. Well, he just went back from the States.” Eun Hee answered, not even looking at their eyes; she’s too busy stealing Daehyun’s picked ‘galbi’.

Eun Hee and Daehyun had a chopsticks fight for a little while until Daehyun gave up and voluntarily gave his galbi to her.  She happily smiled as she grabbed the galbi immediately and chopped it into , creating a loud munch.

“Well, it’s like this, but we’ve been hoping if you two will consider putting your relationship into a more serious one.”  Daehan said. The elders have finished their breakfast, and the only ones left are the two still munching and chewing their breakfast. They ate for about… heck, it’s countless.  Solbi and Eun Sang stared at the two in worry while Chae Young gave Daehan an ensuring look.

“And what is that?” Eun Hee said she eventually put her breakfast into a clean finish.  Daehyun followed after her, the pot is empty, with no more soup left, the galbi plates are clean, not even a little piece left, kimchi, veggies, boiled fish, and everything is cleaned by the power of Yoon Eun Hee and Jung Daehyun. Putting down all of the tense filled before.

“Marriage.” Daehan finished his words. Daehyun eyes’ bulged in surprise, Eun Hee jaws opened big enough to let ten flies go in. “We actually pre-prepared about it, and we gave a really big thoughts on this.” Chae Young continued.  “It’s too early!” Eun Hee scowled, she isn’t ready with all of this thing. “Yeah! We’re still young.” Daehyun said. “Why? You’re all in your mid-twenties already, and we already know each other so well!” Solbi said as Eun Sang nodded in agreement. “Besides, too old to marry isn’t good either.” Eun Sang said.  “And now, you all in no time will inherit the company, and Daehyun had gone to the military as well. Well although at that time he’s still quite young.” Daehan continued.

After much consideration and discussion, sometimes Eun Hee throwing some tantrums, and Daehyun nagged and complained like mother-in-law, they eventually agreed. It’s been so long since they’re together, they knew each other so well, they understand each other more than they understand themselves, and they all knew each other’s secret.