Chappie 5

Not My Type.

Lollipop 

 


>> current year<<

“Oh, Eun Hee, now you remember that? The day when we first met? Mom still has the photograph when you’re holding that big lollipop that’s actually as big as your face.” Daehyun kindly mocked his girl who’s still leaning on her shoulder. She calmed down a bit after that.

“Psh… as if. And how we really did call each other moms, moms? I don’t really remember, ahh… maybe I should go to brainwash my brain so I can restart it~” Eun Hee joked, “Yah! Your brain is clean enough, it’s good as long as you remember me, that I’m yours, and my name that’s enough for me.” Daehyun snickered, before trying to steal a peck on her cheek but  Eun Hee slapped him lightly (light enough so it makes Daehyun almost yell in pain), “What’s wrong with those sweet actions, early in the morning, are you perhaps eating those chocolates in my fridge?” Eun Hee said before trying to run away from his arm (who’s hugging her like a bear). “Yoon Eun Hee don’t you dare run!!” Daehyun yelled “Catch me if you can! Slowpoke!!” Eun Hee screamed from far away.

 

The parents’ eyes are as sharp as an eagle (or eagles) they’re staring at their kids as they drink their morning tea. “Ah… they’ve grow up.” Chae Young said, “Sure… but how came they’re still immature?” Daehan added. “So funny, Jung Daehan, you’re also immature back then.” Solbi commented and Eun Sang laughed “Chae Young, you too.” She then added. “Why me?” Chae Young pointed at himself. “But I guess they’ve became more matured than before.” Eun Sang said, sipping onto her tea. “Yeah, that’s right, ah I feel I’m very old already.” Solbi said in disappointment. “Should we try the new face treatment after we get back to Seoul?”  Eun Sang suggested. “Of course!! It’s a must! Ah, I’ll ask Hwami if she could go with us!” Solbi said in excitement. Eun Sang nodded. “Women…” Chae Young and Dahean both shaking their heads.

>> Back to Pre-School.<<

“Eun Hee-yah~ does the lollipop tasty?” Solbi asked to the little girl beside her son, she held hands with her bestest friend who is her mother. Eun Hee nodded, to the lollipop deliciously as she drools. Daehyun watched her carefully, or mostly looking at her lollipop, but a real man (boy actually) can’t give up his pride on something childish like lollipops right? He can do it, he can hold it! “Eun Hee let me wipe it for you.” Eun Sang said while taking of tissues. She wiped of Eun Hee’s drool. “Ah it must be good to have a daughter.” Solbi said, “Why, sons are also good.” Eun Sang said. “Right Daehyunnie~?” Eun Sang asked the little boy who can’t escape from the reality that he is a boy, and a boy must hold his pride or the reality that lollipop will bring him into such difficult situation.

“Ah right Eun Sang-ah! We can be both parents!” Solbi squealed. Eun Sang twitched her eyebrows, “Well… they can call us moms, and they can call them dads!!” Solbi spoke as she pointed at the two men laughing while holding their coffee cups and are heading towards them.

Eun Sang nodded, “Call!”

Daehyun’s eyes are still not escaping from the lollipop. “Yaaa!!” Eun Hee yelled when she saw the little boy also her lollipop. “That’s mineeee!” She whined. Daehyun startled, “Mom… can’t I get one too?” he finally gave up…

Eun Hee is standing in front of a bench, holding her lollipop tightly not to get stolen by Daehyun anymore. “Eun Hee-yah, 1 2 3, cheese!!!” Solbi said using her camera.

 

The both families came to their houses, “Yah, Yoon Eun Sang!! Call us whenever you need our help to take care the kids!” Solbi said, “Yah Jung Solbi! You too! Call us whenever you don’t have the time to take care of them!” Eun Sang replied. “Why? Why? What happened?” Looks like the men are clueless, “Well you see… we are both really busy right? And actually I and Eun Sang don’t really have anything to do unless to attend the business trip with you guys or attend the meetings, events, and blah blah blah. So, … We decided to not taking housekeepers or maids but taking care of both of them!” Solbi yelled and both explaining at the same time. “And how will you two do that?” Chae Young carefully examined the two sharply “By our house?” the two women answered, “We’re neighbors actually~” Solbi said and let out a dry laugh. “Ah… so you two are the ones we supposed to visit?” Daehan said in surprise.

"Yeah... what a fate do we have?" Chae Young added it in. 

 

>>current year<<

“Well… yeah so I think that’s how our parents met and how we’ve became so close after that.” Daehyun said to himself, Eun Hee is still hiding somewhere and he needs to find her before she’s falling asleep out of boredom or before she kicks him knowing that he’s a slowpoke.

Daehyun smiled, he somehow remembered when he on to Eun Hee’s supposed to be lollipop. He’s holding the photograph of little Eun Hee where he put it in his wallet. She’s wearing the uniform from the pre-school, her hair was tied into cute low pigtails, actually he stole it from his mom years ago, he wanted to blackmail her, his thought back then. But now, he treasures that photo more than he treasures his wallet.  He took off the photo and holds it with his hand, staring it for a long time before smiling to himself like crazy. “Yoon Eun Hee you better come out!” Daehyun screamed, he is always bad at playing hide and seek, and Eun Hee knows this very well since the start.

Eun Hee heard his yell and snickered. She’s not that old to play hide and seek right? Eun Hee tip-toed, she’s right behind Daehyun’s sturdy back; she wants to hug him, but oh well. “BOO!!” Daehyun turned around to see his girl’s face turned into pale white. “YAH!! You startled meeee!!” Eun Hee whined, as what she always does when she’s surprised, adding a long note after the end of the sentence, Daehyun has been aware of the fact ever since. “Well its better rather than you kick me.” Daehyun said. Eun Hee commented right after “Who say that I’m going to kick you?” she said.

His face makes an Oh-Really? Look. Eun Hee ignored him.  Then she looked at the picture he’s holding. “Yah!! Who is that girl?” Eun Hee stole the photo from him. “You don’t recognize her? That’s my first crush on my pre-school days though I don’t really remember her name, she’s cute isn’t she?” Daehyun said, whistling. “Really? I don’t remember her though; it must be good for her, being the mighty guy first crush.” Eun Hee said in sarcasm. Daehyun answered "Sure she is so lucky, well she's pretty, cute, look how she ate the lollipop!"

“I’m going in. Bye.” Eun Hee said leaving Daehyun in the garden (or both the garden and the beach). After assuring Eun Hee went in for sure, he said to himself again “Idiot, it’s you in the photo."