If You Come Into My Heart | *Oneshot.

ONE-SHOT DEDICATIONS! :D

c h a r a c t e r s; Taemin , Minho [SHINee] / Yumiko Choi or Yumi [fictional]

d e d i c a t i o n; Got2BeMagic. My ading. <3

"Whatever your heart decides, just make sure you're happy." Taemin whispers.

"Choose me. Please. I need you." Minho confesses.


"Why does it have to be so hard for me?" Yumi thought to herself as she sat on the bench in the plaza. The breeze danced with the bright rays of the sun. The sun reminded her of the smiles she had with Taemin , and the breeze reminded her of the feeling she has with Minho. A beautiful silver necklace hung from her neck. It embedded the intials , CM ; for Choi Minho. She remembered the day he secretly put it around her neck on her 16th birthday last week. Her eyes found its way to her wrist where a bracelet was wrapped around it. The bracelet included the a word in red, bold letters : Sarangheyo. A smile came upon Yumi's face when she remembered how Taemin had made it for her. He stole his sister's bracelet kit. Why did she have to choose one when she was happy with the both of them? Maybe she didn't have to choose but she knew it would hurt both of them.

 

Taemin thought of the 16-year-old girl that made his heart skip a beat, Yumiko Choi. He always thought of her but he wondered if she'd be thinking about him in the same way too. Taemin knew there was another guy in the picture and it was a hard time for Yumi. He loved her enough to accept her choice. Taemin remembered when they almost kissed, but she had to stop.

"I'm sorry. It won't be right if we do." Yumi whispered putting the kiss to a halt.

He knew that Minho was a nice guy and would treat her with great love. Taemin sat at the edge of his bed, the sun's rays shined throughout his bedroom. His eyes were full of deep thought. He didn't want to admit it but he was scared. Scared to lose her.

 

Minho stood barefoot on the concrete floor. Then he jumped in to the pool. He almost felt like he was flying. Memories began to rise to the surface of his head as he swam in the smooth water. He could almost see Yumi's face. Her beautiful face. That smile. He tried to swim closer to that face but it was disappearing everytime he came closer. His head rose to the top of the water for air. It was only him. He was just seeing things. He started to think about what would happen if he wasn't chosen by her. If she chose Taemin. Yumi was one of those girls he couldn't easily let go of. She was different. He brushed the wet hair out of his face. He remembered watching Yumi and Taemin together. She was really short compared to him , but he found it cute. She seemed so joyful around Taemin but when she's with him it seems as if she could open up more about herself. Minho was confused but all he knew was that is was even harder for Yumi.

 

It was the next day, and Yumi entered school. The halls were packed with students. Yumi looked left and right. On the right hall was Taemin, and the left hall was Minho. Where should she go? She felt both of the guys' eyes on her. They were expecting her to pick. Yumi stood motionless in front of the entrance doors. Her fists were balled up and she was frustrated. She wanted to go to Taemin, but she also wanted to approach Minho. Yumi became upset and tears were welling up at the edges of her eyes. Not tears of sadness but confuse tears. She didn't dare to look at any of them. So she took the main, center hallway. Minho looked down and continued to put his books in his locker and wanted to see what was wrong with her while Taemin banged his forehead on his locker, he decided to see if Yumi was okay. She went up the stairs to the rooftop of the school. The skies were one with the clouds. Yumi inhaled the scent of nature. She needed air. She hated boys. She hated love. She just wished that both of them never had feelings for her and that was that. Yumi lifted one leg at the edge of the rooftop. She was now standing at the near end of the building. She didn't care that she was on the verge of dying, she just wanted to feel lost in thought. Her eyes captured the students looking up at her, she saw fingers pointing at her, and loud shouting. Yumi wasn't commiting suicide. She was just one crazy girl who was lost in this love triangle. Her eyes closed and blocked out all of the unecessary sounds.

"Yumi Choi!" Taemin and Minho said in unison.

Minho looked over at Taemin who was in the far right of her, and Taemin wasn't paying any attention to Minho who was on the far left side of her. They both didn't know that they were going to end up at the rooftop together. Yumi quickly turned her head to see who it was. She looked left : Minho. She looked right: Taemin. She wanted to jump off the cliff right after looking but instead she turned around and set her feet back down on the rooftop causing the students to leave. She stood in between Taemin and Minho. Silence flowed through all three of them. This time, Yumi couldn't go down the middle.

"I think you have to choose now. No more tears." Minho said, interrupting the dreadful silence.

Taemin's eyes were filled with shame and fear. And Minho's eyes just contained seriousness and deep thought. Yumi's hands began to shake, and her heart was pacing quickly. She wasn't ready to break anyone's heart. And she wasn't expecting Minho to say that. The wind's speed was staring to pick up and it pushed her forward as if a sign to hurry up and choose already.

"I-I-I can't.." Tears were already forming from her eyes.

Taemin's gaze was full of surprise. He wanted to run up and hug her.

"Yumi.." Minho whispered.

She shook her head like a little child and covered her face. Minho took a deep breath and became impatient. He turned his back, heading for the door.

"Minho!" Yumi shouted.

He didn't turn around, "I'm late for class." He commanded and continued to walk away, leaving Taemin and Yumi alone.

Yumi stood there for a few seconds and then ran after Minho who was already departing from the rooftop. She caught him in the staris and grabbed ahold of his shoulder.

"Minho, please. It's hard for me.." Yumi whispered.

"You don't think it's hard for me either?"

"Wh-what?"

"Everyday I have to carry this huge thought of you around. Everyday, I wonder who you're going to choose. It kills me."

"Just be patient. It's hard."

"I love you, Yumi. How is that hard?"

A tear ran down her cheek. She loved him too.. Her hand found its way around her neck to her necklace, she gently unclasped the lock. She held the tiny, silver chain in her hand and reached out for Minho's hand. Yumi slowly handed the necklace to him and closed back his hand. She felt Minho's eyes on her but she didn't look back. If he really did love her, he would be patient. Yumi turned her back to him and went up the stairs back to the rooftop where Taemin was left at.

 

Taemin sat down on the concrete floor with his arms encircled around his knees. He couldn't believe he fell so hard for Yumi. But he was going to miss the feeling of her hugs. Everything. Now he had to bear the pain of seeing her with Minho. He suddenly heard the rooftop door open. It was Yumi. Tears were left on her cheeks. Taemin quickly stood up and ran to her with open arms. She laid her head on his firm chest and sobbed. His cheek rested on her head as she cried. Her eyes met Taemin's, he used the ends of his thumbs to wipe away the remaining beads of tears from her face. His cute baby smile appeared across his face. He was reassuring her that everything was going to be alright. Yumi loved that about him. Just looking at him made her feel like everything was secure and good.

"Thank you." Yumi whispered.

"For what?" Taemin giggled.

"For waiting for me."

"I'd wait for you forever." Taemin whispered.

He took her arm and showed her her wrist.

"Sarangheyo, remember?" He smiled.

Yumiko Choi watched the distant skies -this time- with him : Lee Taemin.

<3