STEP #1

Our New Roommate is actually a...FANGIRL IN DIGUISE!?!?!

Beep! Beep! Beep!

what time is it? You think in your head as you lazily reach over to turn your vandalized (by B2ST stickers) digital alarm clock towards you.

It reads 7:30 am. That's funny, I swear I heard a beeping noise. Maybe I'm just sleep deprived. You snuggle again under your sheets and yawn, preparing to resume to the sleep you were having.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

My god, what is it now? Did I get a text? You put your hand under your pillow and feel around for your phone. There it is. Wait, hold on...nope no messages. So what the heck is that noise?

"Whatever, but if I hear it one more time...someone's gonna die." You grumble under your breath, as you lay your head on your pillow, and shut your eyes.

After 10 minutes, thinking that the noise isn't coming back, you relax and turn over on your side, pulling the covers up to your chin. But...

Beep! Beep! Beep!

"HOLY MOTHER OF...." You begin to yell before stopping yourself, remembering that the rest of your family was probably sleeping. You fling your covers off in frustration, get up and shuffle over to the window where the beeping was now repeating itself at one second intervals.

"Who the heck is making that beeping noise?!" You shout, annoyed.You look down.

As your eyes are adjusting to the sunlight that was streaming in from behind the clouds, a familiar figure starts to appear in front of you. With her right arm outstretched and her hand holding something, it is Eun Mi's unmistakable voice that confirms your suspicions.

"Hey ~~~~! Are you finally awake?"

You rub the sleep out of your eyes, furrow your eyebrows and say, "Eun Mi? Why are you here already? It's only 7:50, doesn't the mall open at 9?" Leaning on the sill of your window, you strain your neck to see what she was holding in her hand. It was her phone that was set on a repeated ringtone setting.

"Yes I know, but I couldn't sleep yesterday, and I was thinking about the..."mission". And I thought of something..."

"What happens if you get caught? I know that we've seen this in Coffee Prince and read it in fanfics, but what happens if their reactions aren't mild and they don't shrug it off like what media has implanted into our heads? What do we do then? And it's not just our cover getting blown, they might even call the police and arrest us for like invasion of privacy and all the other stuff that stalkers get charged for..." Eun Mi looks down at her feet and doesn't continue her sentence.

Your expression softens, as you take your arms off the window sill, and straighten your back. "Yea, that's true. But I promise Eun Mi, that even when they find out that I'm not who they think I am, I won't rat on you. This is my idea, and it's for my own selfish reasons, so I'll take full responsibility, don't worry. You're a good friend for even agreeing to come with me in the first place."

"And besides, I set our deadline to a limit of three months. It's gonna take them longer than that to find out something suspicious. Okay? So don't worry so much about it. Hold on I'll be right down." You close the window, quickly make your bed, and throw your closet door open.

Picking out a gray cashmere long sleeve sweater and a light blue pair of jeans, you get changed.

Before heading out the door, you check if your parents are still sleeping, and write a note, which you leave on the kitchen table. Folding the sketch of your outfit concept and stuffing it into your puffy coat, you step out of the house.

With your phone, wallet, energy drink, iPod, chap stick, the sketch and the Prestige Seoul High School brochure already in your bag, you are ready for the long awaited shopping spree.

 

...

 

You and Eun Mi are now in front of the 6 floored "Ulzzangies" mall. Yes they named the mall Ulzzangies.

You spot the owner of the entire mall, along with the herds of employees, all gathered around the glass double doors. They watch as the owner carefully slides a gold key into the slot under the door handle. Ulzzangies was just opening.

With the soft click of the lock, the employees, with their neatly ironed sales uniforms, stampede into the mall. The noises of tall high heels and newly waxed dress shoes echo throughout the walls, as everyone hustles and bustles to open their stores and advertising stands.

Pulling out samples and clothing racks, arranging mannequins and restocking the shelves of cosmetics, the entire mall is filled with the warm sounds of excited chit chat and smelt of crisp clothes and a variety of beauty products. Wow, you think in your head, so this is how this place looks like in the morning.

You turn to Eun Mi, who is also gawking at the sight before her, and pull her over to the nearest store which was called KeoDONNA.

You guys spend hours running your hands along the many colourful racks of long sleeves, button downs, plaids, graphic tees, denim jackets, scarves, cardigans, hoodies, jeans, tanks and cotton sweats. By the end of all this you have about ten different tops, eight different pants, along with four scarves and six hats. All in the smallest possible men's size.

You ask the sales assistant for a change room and carry half of the chosen clothes in. You then arrange the shirts and pants into the outfits that Eun Mi had prepared earlier. The first outfit is a combination of white, gray, black and brown tones.

You strip off your current cashmere sweater, and slide on the white and gray striped t-shirt with a slight V neck. With the shirt on, you precede to reach over to the hook attached above the large change room mirror, for the tan long sleeved cardigan. It is closed in the middle by four black buttons arranged near the bottom of the shirt, which causes the neck line to stoop all the way to your stomach.

For the bottom, Eun Mi has picked out a pair of snug black jeans and a plain white belt. You also put these on. After sliding the end of the belt into the final loop of your jeans, you slip on your red Keds and step out of the room.

V neck t-shirt:

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=20131495

Cardigan:

00078787.JPG

Pants:

Mens+Crafted+Black+Skinny+Zip+Jeans.jpg

Belt:

a-white.jpg

Your shoes:

Shoes_iAEC1003973.jpg

Outside, you are met with the adoring eyes of your friend, who is eyeing you up and down and squealing Iike an idiot. Clutched in her hand is another accessory that she had picked out while waiting for you.

Noticing what you are looking at, Eun Mi walks over to you and straps something on your left wrist. You look down to see:

5.jpg

You take a step from her and give a small twirl. "Does it look good?" You ask with a large smile on your face, already knowing her answer. "Well duh, I picked it out." She replies. "We." You correct her. "Alright whatever you say. Now go back in there and try on the second outfit." Eun Mi says, as she pats your head like a puppy and pushes you towards the change room.

Back inside, you strip down and hang the clothes back onto their rightful hangers. Smiling, you reach down for the outfit that you had liked the most out of all. It is a simple white dress shirt under a pale turquoise long sleeve sweater, that is emblazoned with a golden crest on the left side. The sweater also has three rows of black stripes running across your chest from one shoulder to the other, with  the middle one slightly thicker. For the bottom you have personally picked a pair of light gray jeans, with faded paint streaks and splatters on them to create visually appalling designs. Shoe wise, Eun Mi decided to ditch your red Keds and replace them with the white Nike high tops that you had drawn in your sketch. She had found a particularly nice pair that fit snuggly around your ankles instead of those chunky ones that guys at your school would always wear.

You slip these on and push open the change room door. Eun Mi is leaning lazily on a nearby clothes rack with her arms folded neatly across her chest. As soon as she sees you, she races over to you immediately, and forces you to do a circle.

"Oh my gosh ~~~, why is it that you look so much better in men's clothes than in women's?" She says, readjusting the collar of the dress shirt.

"Gee thanks Eun, it feels nice to be so loved." You say, clutching you heart area.

She chuckles, "It's true though, maybe it's because your so tall...or considering the fact that you're an A cup."  You slap her hand away in fake anger, "Ya! Don't laugh at my insecurities!" You turn around and tightly cross your arms. Your cheeks puff out, and your lips form a fish-like pout.

"Arasso, arasso I understand." Eun Mi says as she pokes your currently inflated cheeks.

Eun mi gestures at the change room, "Now about the other outfits..."  You take that as a signal to resume your wardrobe transformation and walk stiffly to the gestured location.

 

...

 

Half an hour later, you find yourself at the cashier with 6 outfit combinations and very stat icky hair. The cashier gives you and Eun Mi a look of relief, for you guys had been in there for approximately 2 hours and they were beginning to wonder if you guys were going to buy anything.

Scanning all the barcodes on the clothes tags, the cashier looks up at the two of you and says, "Your boyfriends' are very lucky to have a girlfriends like you."

Eun Mi looks at her with a confused expression, as the saleswoman puts the clothes in two large navy blue bags. "But they're for h-"Eun Mi begins and points at you. Luckily you interrupt her in time, grab the bags along with one of her arms and tugs the offending being away. You look back and sheepishly smile at the person behind the desk, who is bowing. "Kamsahamnida, we hope to see you again" are the last words that you and Eun Mi hear before rushing out of the store.

"What's the big deal?" Eun Mi asks, snatching her arm back. Rubbing it, she glares at you, waiting for an explanation for your weird reaction.

You roll your eyes at her. "You were going to tell her that the clothes were for me weren't you?"

"Uhm yes? Is that a trick question?" She asks stupidly, still not understanding where you are getting at. It was now you turn to glare at her.

"What I mean was, don't you think she'll find it a little weird that I'm buying guy clothes for myself? We can't just go around telling people what we're up to. They're gonna think we're crazy." You emphasize the crazy part by moving your index finger in circles around your ear.

"Ahhhhhhh, I understand now. Good call chingu." Eun Mi gazes blankly at a random corner of the mall while scratching underneath her chin thoughtfully.

"How can you be so careless? If you're already like this now, what will happen when we actually go to the Prestige High School place? It won't take them 3 months to figure out, but only 3 days at this rate."

"Arasso arasso." She tries to calm you down who is now having a small panic attack."With our brilliant disguise no one will ever suspect, don't worry so much."

"Now, if you don't mind let's continue shopping. TO THE STORES!!!" Eun Mi points enthusiastically towards the rest of the mall, and grabs your hand.

"Aish really, you're so cute." You say while being dragged into the next store.

Eun smiles cheekily back at you with her eyes in small crescents."I've been known to be that. Kekeke."

 

...

 

3 hours later.

It is now 4:00pm. You and Eun Mi are sitting at the food court with hundreds of colourful branded shopping bags on the surrounding chairs and benches. Some of them couldn't fit, and had no choice but to be placed on a very delightful location...the liquid/sauces stained floor.

You are taking out two travel-sized packets of Kleenex out of your bag, and are wearily handing one over to Eun, who has rested her head on the table with a loud thump. You rip your package open and take out a couple sheets. Gingerly lifting up your sweaty bangs, you begin to wipe the perspiration that had collected underneath them. It was not a pretty task.

Eun Mi who had evidently passed out for a second on the food court table, lifts her head and takes the package you had handed her, and begins to do the same. Both of you are too tired to make any conversation.

 About 15 minutes later, you regain conscience and get up to buy 2 cups of bubble tea, 2 boxes of fried chicken and 1 medium container of beef balls drizzled with hot sauce.

You hand the container of mango and passion fruit bubble tea to Eun Mi. For you, you had brought honey dew bubble tea. Poking a straw into yours, you begin to drink it in huge gulps.

"This is enough clothes to last us a year without wearing the same outfit once." You say between the gulps of the drink.

"Yeah it better, I can't stand seeing another price tag or a branded label." Eun Mi replies as she weakly sticks the colourful straw into hers.

"What are we gonna do with all these clothes later when we're done the task?" You ask, reaching for the container of beef balls and a plastic fork.

"Dunno, why don't you get a boyfriend and give them to him." She says in a childish tone. You reply to this by flicking a straw rapper at her head. She picks it off her hair and throws it back.

"Yes I would love to have a boyfriend that is size zero. That is totally y."

"Well I'm sorry, I was just trying to encourage you. You know what, now that I think about it, you haven't ever liked anyone much less had a boyfriend."

"Ya I do like someone!" You yell defensively.

Eun Mi's eyes suddenly turn as large and round as the beef balls you were currently stuffing in your mouth. "Oh my god, WHO? What's his name? What does he do? How does he look like?" You raise your arms in front of your face, as if to defend yourself from all the questions that were being fired at you.

"Their name is B2ST. They are singers, and they are all very hot and y." You reply.

"Aissh ~~~, they don't count. Shessh, I thought that there was actually someone. Why are getting my hopes up?"

"Well I'm sor-, wait are you saying that B2ST are not to be considered as potential boyfriend material?" You gasp dramatically. "Wait till' i write this on my website." You shout, spitting out beef chunks.

"Nooooooo,  I don't wanna die through murder! Besides, I'm sure you know I what mean. I mean c'mon, they don't even know you exist, much less want to date you. And plus, they're idols, millions of girls want them as badly as you do."

You stop mid chew and sigh, "Yeah I know, I'm just kidding. A person like me... is totally different than them. Our names don't sound right in the same sentence. How could I even dream to date one of them?" You look back at Eun Mi and plaster on a fake smile, "Anyway you should eat up, I'm sure your hungry." You push a box of fried chicken towards her. She takes it gratefully.While Eun Mi rips it open hungrily, the words that she had said lingers in your head.

 

They don't even know you exist, much less want to date you. They're idols, millions of girls want them as badly as you do.

 

Even though you know she was right, you can't help but feel a pang of hurt in your heart, knowing that you will never have a chance to really befriend or date them. You stare down sadly at your food, and slowly continue eating. But your appetite has reduced completely and your thoughts are elsewhere.

 

What you didn't know, is that later on you will not only become a close friend of theirs...but even a possible love interest.