It Takes Two to Tango

Alien Adventures

Bom happily strode through the hall, the dollar bills given to her from Seunghyun clasped safely in her hands. She felt very satisfied with herself after her little...er...thing with him? Maybe a showdown? Regardless, it was fun and interesting. True, Bom felt very embarrassed with her actions. It was the first time she had been so flirtatious and touchy with a man that wasn't her boyfriend. However, she wasn't going to lie. She kind of enjoyed it, and it brought her much delight that the man she 'kind of sort of liked' had responded so well to her advances.

 

Enveloped in her thoughts, she clumsily swerved around a corner towards the vending machine. Suddenly she felt herself smash face first into what she believed to be the wall. With a groan she tumbled backwards and quickly lost her balance. Bom waited to feel the impact of her back connecting with the floor as she squeezed her eyes shut. Instead however, she felt a strong grip wrap around her hand and another secure itself around her waist. She could feel the other person release a sigh of relief. She hesitantly opened her eyes, and as her vision cleared they widened with surprise.

 

“Seung...”

 

“Noona! Are you okay?!”

 

-

 

Seunghyun paced back and forth in the gym, eagerly awaiting the return of Bom. He couldn't believe how easily he settled into his feelings for her. Well, actually, maybe it wasn't the forming of feelings, but the admittance of them. For years, their friends, coworkers, and even fans speculated a special chemistry between them. Something in the way they laughed together, which seemed louder than necessary, and the way they looked at each other with some sort of spark that was meant just for the two of them.

 

He honestly didn't get it before, but now he could recall doing several little things to be just a bit closer to Bom. To get to the point, he was a man, and he was ready to pursue his feelings.

 

Seunghyun glanced over to the clock, tapping his foot anxiously. Where was she? He asked her to get water from the vending machine, how long could that possibly take? Normally he was quite patient, but every second seemed like an hour. He decided to surprise her by meeting her in the hall, maybe sneak up on her and some more. Seunghyun grinned, satisfied with his plan, and hurriedly exited the gym.

 

Down the hall, he could hear other people's steps and quietly wondered which was Bom's. He quickly rounded a corner and as he approached the next corner he froze in his steps. His chest pounded and his face grew hot with anger and confusion.

 

And with that, he swerved around and made his way back to the gym.

 

-

 

Noona! Are you okay?!”

 

An awkward moment passed as Bom gathered herself. She blinked, processing the situation, and once she was finished she gasped,

 

“...ri?! Seungri-ah!!”

 

She groaned and pounded her fist against his chest.

 

“Seungri-ah! What do you think you're doing, huh?!”, she yelled.

 

“Eh?! Noona, why are you yelling?? I saved you!”

 

“After you carelessly ran into me! I'm a delicate woman, you know!”

 

Seungri raised a brow and quirked an awkward smile, “I think you were the one being careless, huh?”

 

Bom felt herself redden unintentionally. Seungri was encouraged by this and continued his teasing,

 

“Besides, you look much more like a ferocious lion than a delicate woman right now, huh?”

 

He leaned in daringly and grinned that cheeky grin of his, “But I like you like that.”

 

She could feel herself blushing and she groaned, “Ah, be quiet dongsaeng...!” Bom used her free hand to bonk his forehead with her palm, “Now let go! This looks really weird!”

 

True to her word, their posture was very misleading. It looked as if they were doing the tango, with Bom bent ever so slightly backwards and Seungri's arm wrapped securely around the small of her back. Bom's hand was held in his and he held it behind his head as he leaned forward toward her. As she carefully examined his face she had to admit, pictures didn't do him nearly enough justice as he had grown into a good looking young man. Seungri himself was already aware of how beautiful his noona was.

 

Slowly, he carefully released her until she gained her balance. There was an awkward silence, and in a moment to disperse the tense atmosphere he blurted out,

 

“So, Bom-noona, you have magnetic pull on Seunghyuns, huh?”

 

Bom blinked in surprise, “Eh?”

 

“I-I mean”, he stuttered, “You spent last night with big Seunghyun and now you're with me, little Seunghyun~ In age terms, of course”

 

She reciprocated his comment with a playful, “He's also big Seunghyun in terms of size...and talent too, hehe!” she continued thoughtfully, “Umm... by the way, what did he...what did he say about yesterday night?”

 

Seungri was afraid this would happen, and wished he never brought it up. With a shrug he distanced himself a little from Bom.

 

“Nothing really...”

 

“Huh?”, she flustered. 'Nothing? That's all?'

 

“Well, he said nothing special happened”, he honestly replied, “...that you just met up along the way and walked home together, that's all.”

 

Bom stood silently, listening with a suddenly sullen mood. She quietly turned towards the vending machine and put in money for two water bottles. Seungri followed her and, once again panicking, began an awkward laugh accompanied by the completely unnecessary piece of information,

 

“It's probably just that Top-hyung has so much experience with women! He's one heck of a player, haha”

 

The bang of the water bottles dropping from the machine was the only noise that followed his statement. Bom began speed-walking away, and Seungri could see how agitated she was but couldn't understand why.

 

“Noona, I just want to let you know that if it was me I-”

 

Bom, as if suddenly remembering his presence, swiftly turned to face him. Her hair whipped around her and he clearly saw her red, flustered cheeks, healthy pink lips, and big brown eyes, all aglow against the paleness of her skin and this- this rendered him unable to finish his sentence.

 

She furrowed her eyebrows together and scratched her head, letting out an awkward chuckle.

 

“Oh, I'm sorry Seungri...I just got wrapped up in my own thoughts; that's all.”, she apologized.

 

She leaned forward and placed her hand on his shoulder, giving him a reassuring squeeze,

 

“I'll catch you later, all right?”, and with that, she turned back around and continued on her way, not even bothering to hear his reply.

 

Seungri stared after her dissipating figure. He thought it was funny, how he could easily say some of the most controversial and unnecessary things without a second thought, but choked when it mattered the most.

 

-

 

Bom stomped down the hall, her hair in a flurry and her cheeks huffed with frustration.

 

'Nothing special to him! I should have known it! I know he's portrayed as a player in some videos but I thought that was just a character...but now I see I was just being naïve, huh! That routine in the gym, I bet he's done that with lots of women! I'm so stupid, stupid!', she inwardly growled.

 

She saw the gym entrance in sight and, taking a deep breath, she them open.

 

-

 

Seunghyun was angrily stuffing his gym bag, preparing to leave. His eyebrows were furrowed with

frustration. He couldn't believe what he saw! The maknae, making moves on his- well his soon to maybe perhaps woman! And she...she was returning the affection...?!

 

'I can't believe this. I should've known with those moves on me that she was promiscuous...but that maknae?! Come on! I should've known, with a body like that she-”

 

The door slammed open behind him and he immediately turned around and once again saw the object of his frustration. A cold chill passed between them before she sauntered towards him. He thought she was going to talk to him but instead she tossed him a bottle of water accompanied by a quick glare the continued on her way, collecting her things. Seunghyun quickly caught it and raised an eyebrow,

 

“What's with the sourpuss act?”, he asked. 'Although I should be the angry one,' he thought.

 

Bom sighed, ing her bag over her shoulder. She spared him a glance before muttering,

 

“Nothing...by the way...I'm not all too hungry, so I'm going to have to skip on the lunch, okay?”

 

'SHE'S bailing on ME?', he thought.

 

He sighed and replied, “Fine, whatever.”

 

Angered by his seemingly nonchalant reply she threw at him, “Of course. Of course it's fine. With all your womanly experience, I'm sure you could replace me no problem!”

 

“What?!You're giving me this talk? As if you're one to talk! I'm sure you have tons of boy's phone numbers on your cellphone!”

 

“Don't talk to me like that, Mister Playboy!”

 

“Cougar!”, he quipped.

 

“Ugh! I'm leaving!”

 

And with that, she her heel and sped out of the gym, not even giving him a second glance. Seunghyun groaned and folded his arms, tapping his foot in aggravation. 'Wait... what am I still doing here?'

 

“I'm leaving too...”, he grumbled, as he grabbed his bag and stomped off in a similar fashion.

-

[Oh man, I bet none of you thought it would be HIM of all people to mess things up, huh?  My inspiration was from an episode of Mnet's Took where Bom and Seungri had a really good atitude towards eachother (http://8dparkbom.wordpress.com/2011/02/06/2ne1-cut-on-seungri-took/).  And now Bom and Top are a little frustrated, but is it really with eachother? How will this affect their recording that's supposed to happen? Stay tuned until next update. I love you guys!! ]