5

Abnormal Friend (discontinued)

"Pst...Hyung"Hak Yeon started to shoot Hyuk a dirty look for elbowing his side until he realized the teacher had asked him something. "Mr. Cha, since this is your first offense I'll let it go. Please pay attention or I'll be forced to punish you". Hak Yeon stood up and quickly bowed and then sat back down.

 

♦♦♦♦♦

"Are you ok? What happened over the weekend? You're never this spacey""It's just that....I think I saw some kind of electric ghost thing last night. Crazy right"? Ravi caught the end of Hak Yeon's sentence as he joined them at their lunch table. "Ghost? What about a ghost"? "Hak Yeon Hyung said he saw one last night". Ravi turned with a skeptical look to look at Hak Yeon. "You saw a ghost? What did it look like? Creepy with long hair"? 

"I said might have been a ghost, but no, it wasn't creepy at all. Infact it was quite handsome. He was there one minute and then gone the next". "Aye. I think you need to get some more sleep". "Maybe you're right".

 

♦♦♦♦♦

Hak Yeon flopped across his bed and rubbed his face. Did he really see a person yesterday? It had been bothering him all day. He shook his head as he ped his backpack . He decided to study the lesson he missed earlier because of his thoughts. He let out a sigh as he reached to turn on the bedside lamp. He sat back right and turned to the right page number. Hak Yeon was immersed in the lesson when his lamp started to flicker. He stopped reading and looked toward the lamp

 "Yah. I just replaced the bulb a week ago. Is it already trying to go out"? Hak Yeon went back to reading, but only for a few minutes more befor it started to flicker again. It flickered three more times before it got really bright and then went out completely. "Aish! How am I supposed to study now?! It's pitch black in here". "I'm sorry. It wasn't on purpose". Hak Yeon in a surprised breath and blinked as the overhead light in his room came on. "Again? Yah! Why is this happening to me"?

"Really, I'm sorry. I still haven't completly figured out how to control traveling". "Why brain, why? I'm not that lonely, I promise. So why do you keep making me imagine things THAT ARN'T THERE"! Hak Yeon tossed his book aside, quickly got off of his bed and started toward where the boy was standing. The closer he got to the boy, the more Hak Yeon felt this weird buzzing under his feet. His carpet also felt strangely warm. He was about two feet away from the boy when the boy surprised him again by yelling. 

"Stop! Don't come any closer". Hak Yeon scoffed and rolled his eyes. "And why not? You are in my room. What kind of ghost thing can't have people close anyway"? The boy smiled a bright dimpled grin. "Ghost? Is that why you think I'm not really here"? Hak Yeon just stares at him and waits for the boy to continue. "Well I'm not a ghost. My name is Hong Bin, don't you rember. I told you last time". 

Hong Bin pouted and Hak Yeon began to feel slightly guilty. He rubbed the back of his neck and shyly looked up. "I was kinda shocked last time and...well I still am. My name is Hak Yeon, Cha Hak Yeon. I'd shake your hand but..... yeah". Hong Bin smiled again and nodded in underrstanding. "It's ok. I'm sorry to be rude, but I just don't want to kill my only potential friend. I'm still in my simulation form and I haven't learned how to control my electrical current quite yet. That's why I seem to be causing a few power surges lately".

"You're a simulation? Like from a computer game"? Hong Bin nodded his head. "That's right. I have been waiting for the right time to come out and figured since you liked playing with me so much on the computer, I thought we could play in real life too". "Wait. What? Play with you on the..... NO WAY". "Yep. I'm Character #5 in Rock Your Body a.k.a Hong Bin in real life, sorta". 

Hong Bin flashed a peace sign as Hak Yeon stared at him in amazement. Hong Bin suddenly started losing color. "Welp. It was nice talking to you Hak Yeon. I've used up my stored energy and have to go for now. I'll see you soon. Bye"! Hak Yeon weakly waved and watched as Hong Bin completely dissapeared again. He let out a breath as he tried to take in the information he had just discovered. "So I'm not seeing a ghost. He's just a ... computer simulation. Oh like thats any better. My friends will still think I'm nuts". Hak Yeon shakes his head in defeat, goes back to his bed and opens his book to continue studying.