1

Abnormal Friend (discontinued)

*KNOCK* *KNOCK* *KNOCK*

"Yes". Hak Yeon's brother peeks his head inside the bed room door. "If you want me to drop you off on my way, we need to leave in a minute. My first class starts at 7:30". "Ok hyung, I'll be out in a second". Hak Yeon quickly fixed his uniform tie and then headed to the kitchen. His mother was washing dishes at the sink. He grabbed an apple out of the fruit bowl by the sink, kissed his mother's cheek, and quickly ran out of the door.

 

♦♦♦♦

"Hak Yeon, are you coming with us today"? "Yeah hyung, come with us today? You never do" "Aw, I don't know guys. You know I'm trying to save up". "Yeah, but for what"? "I don't know...college....a car....something important". "Come on Hak Yeon, spending 5,000 won for a little fun won't kill you. It certainly won't decrease your savings. You've hardly spend any of your allowance over the past four years". Ravi rolled his eyes at Hak Yeon as Hyuk put on a pitiful look. "Please Hyung, please"?! Hak Yeon sighed. He knew he couldn't resist the maknaes aegyo. "

"Fine. I'll go today". So due to Hak Yeon's friend's plea, he decided to give in and go to the arcade with them after school. Besides, he was wanting to do something a little out of his ordinary schedual anyway.

 

♦♦♦♦

The bell rang signally the end of the school day. Hak Yeon gathered his books and supplies and put them inside his backpack. Hak Yeon had just stepped outside the school gate when he felt his pocket vibrate. He pulled out his phone and saw that Hyuk had text him.

 

From: The Maknae

Hey Hyung! Unfortunately Ravi Hyung got us in trouble and we now have detention. Im sorry we can't make it today, maybe next time.

 

He put his phone back inside his pocket and sighed. He had gotten excited to play with his friends and now they won't be there. He sighed again as he started walking home. Hak Yeon stopped when he was half way home. He spotted the laundromat that was connected to an arcade. He didn't want to go home just yet and since he had already planned on playing with his friends anyway, he decided to go in and play a few games by himself. He smiled to himself as he entered the arcade. It had been several years since he played in an arcade. The whole place was empty of people, but he didn't mind. That just meant he had his choice of any game he wanted to play.

Hak Yeon smiled even wider when he spotted his favorite dancing game. He walked up to it and got on the dance platform. He saw the high scores and scoffed. "Sorry PKJ93 but your going down". He inserted a coin and selected a song. He then set the difficulty level to the hardest option. The music began and he followed the crazy pattern of arrows flawlessly. Very few people knew Hak Yeon had a secret passion for dance.

Several high scores later, Hak Yeon was tired and wanted to rest his legs. He decided to play a racing game since it had a chair to sit in. He played a few rounds and then decided to move on. He looked around at all the flashing lights and colors. Hidden in a dark corner of the arcade, covered in a fine layer of dust, was a game that Hak Yeon had never seen before. It wasn't really eyecatching and judging by the layer of dust on it, neither was it popular. Still, something about the game drew Hak Yeon in. "Rock Your Body? What kind of name is that for a game"? He shrugged off the thought as he pulled a coin out of his pocket and inserted it into the game. The screen lights up and music starts to play. 

-"Become one of the six forces and dance your way through levels to help rescue the planet from the evil robot Rovixx".-

"Huh, sounds interesting enough". Hak Yeon quickly advanced the first three levels. He moved his joystick carefully making his character follow the dance pattern. He was in the middle of the fourth level when suddenly the game screen goes black. He slaps the side of the game out of frustration. He hits it a few more times in hopes of turning it back on. 

"Really? I was just getting the hang of it".  Hak Yeon runs his hand through his hair in frustration and lets out a sigh. Suddenly the overhead lights go out too. "Ajusshi! If your going to run a business at least fix your lights"! Hak Yeon was about to leave, but then the lights came back on. The game screen also came back on. He smiles as he resumes playing at the level he was at.

Hak Yeon was on a roll, he quickly advanced four more levels. The evil Rovixx apeared across the screen when he reached the eighth level.

-"Ha ha ha! So you think you can beat me? Go ahead and try. You're no match against my mistro". (cue Rock Your Body music)

Hak Yeon's character along with the other NPC's teamed up to challenge the mistro's dance. He was barely keeping up with the patern because this was the hardest level yet. He was about to beat the dance when the electricity, yet again, went out, leaving Hak Yeon in darkness. "Again?! I was so winning". 

Hak Yeon lets out an angry sigh and carefully turns around. The lights come back on but the game doesn't. He shakes his head and walks out the door. He would have to talk to the owner of the laundromat tomorrow.