3

Abnormal Friend (discontinued)

"Where is the owner? This is rediculous"! "Hyung, calm down. It's not the end of the world. I'll give you your money back". "Is money the problem? No, it's not. It's the fact that I was winning. How am I supposed to beat this game if it keeps messing up"? Hyuk slings an arm around a depressed Hak Yeon and pulls him along. "Come on Hak Yeon Hyung, I'll buy you a snack". "Yah, what about me"?

 

♦♦♦♦♦

Hyuk led Hak Yeon to a convienience store a few streets away with Ravi on their heels. Hak Yeon was still grumpy, but his mood seemed to lighten as Hyuk set a bowl of ddeokbokki in front of him. Ravi was about to whine when Hyuk set down two more bowls. Instead he smiled wide and then took a bite. "Hey, Hak Yeon Hyung, why don't you see if they have that game to play online? You know, like on a game site. They have Pac Man and Tetris, they might have it as well". "Thats's not a bad idea. I'll have to look later after I get my homework done".

 

♦♦♦♦♦

After a grueling hour and a half spent on homework, Hak Yeon was finally free. He streched his arms over his head and slid his chair over to his laptop on the other side of his desk. "Ok. Let's see what we have here". He opened his search browser and began to look for the game he desperately wants to beat. The first few suggested sites didn't have it. He continued to look through various sites just to end up dissapointed. He glanced at the clock and gasped. It was already one o'clock in the morning. He hadn't realized he had been serching for so long.

 

♦♦♦♦♦

Hak Yeon woke up in a terrible mood. He had to will himself to get out of bed. He was tired from staying up late and irritated that he couldn't find the game. He sighed as he stared at his eye bags in the mirror. "Great. I'm a Panda". He lazily washed his face and continued his morning routine without energy.

When Hak Yeon drags himself to the kitchen, his mother gives him a weird look. He pretends not to see as he sits down to eat the food she had made.

 

♦♦♦♦♦

"I'm guessing you didn't find the game since your mood is.....yeah". Hyuk dropped his sentence as Hak Yeon shoots him a mean glare. "Yoy know Hyung, we can go play again at the arcade after school. Ravi Hyung has practice, but I'll go with you". That thought seemed to brighten Hak Yeon's mood. "You know what? That sounds like a plan".

 

♦♦♦♦♦

Hak Yeon fought the rest of the day to stay awake, but the thought of beating that game gave him the boost he needed to pay attention in class. As soon as the bell rang, Hak Yeon quickly grabbed his things and pulled a surprised Hyuk down the halls and out of the school. They made it to the arcade in record time. 

The boys stepped inside to find, once again, they were the only ones inside the whole arcade. Hak Yeon shrugged and went to play his new obsession. Hyuk just laughed at his hyung and followed behinde him.