Scandal

Sherlock

 

“Oppa… Where are you? I need to talk to you…”

「”We don’t need to talk. Anything between us end years ago.”」

“But oppa… This is important—“

「”I don’t think that it’s really important, I’m hanging up.”」

The line went dead. But the girl is still talking.

“I love you…”

-

-

Sunggyu’s P.O.V.

“What did you say again?” I groaned to the phone in my hand.

「”I said, if you miss him that much, you should forgive him, oppa.”」

“What? I did not miss him, okay? And where did you get such assumption? You never met him.”

「”You do miss him. Every since I’ve arrived here in Seoul, he is the only thing you talk about.”」

“I talk about other things too!” I shouted.

“She’s right hyung, all you do is talk about Nam Woohyun.” Sungjong shouted.

「”See? Even Sungjong had a point there.”」

“Why all of you are on Woohyun’s side?” I groaned.

“Because he’s sorry?” Sungyeol asked.

“What are you talking about?” I groaned for the nth time.

「”The point is, he does something wrong. But he didn’t abandon you, it’s not like what you think, oppa.”」

“What do you mean? He clearly stayed still when that Yunho is almost slit my throat!” When did this girl become a detective?

「”I think that he stayed still because he want to keep his calm expression. If he showed any expression in front of Yunho, Yunho will feel winning against him and Woohyun’s threatening will come to waste, and you won’t be safe. He is worried, but he has plans, oppa. He can’t just go straight on shooting Yunho, Yunho had a grenade and you as a hostage.”」

“She’s one hundred percent right.” Both Sungyeol and Sungjong cooed.

“W-what? B-but still! He—“

「”Okay, I give you a deal. You need to forgive him, and I will help you on revenge, by outsmarting him, deal?”」

I think about it for a minute. Outsmarting Nam Woohyun? How? Can she do it? But earlier she demonstrated her good analyzing skills.

“Fine. I agree. But why you want me to forgive him?” I asked. What is her relationship with Woohyun? She doesn’t ever know him in person.

「”Why you said? Well just because. You will forgive him anyway after you see his present for you. A clue; he doesn’t buy it straight there, he order it and pick it up there. Bye! I’m hanging up.”」

“What the heck… was that?” I groaned. That girl sure is one of a kind. “Why don’t you open the present, hyung?” Sungjong asked. “Okay okay.” I sighed. I grab the box, and I wonder what is inside. I opened it, and I saw a watch. I don’t know what brand is it because I’m not too fond about famous brands. I inspected it; it’s black and gold, not too big and not too small. There’s a card there. I think I’ll read the card first.

「To: Kim Sunggyu

It’s luminescent, and will accompany you in the dark when I’m not around. Don’t be afraid of the dark again, okay princess? 」

 

I blushed reading it. “What, what did he said?” Sungjong asked brightly. “N-nothing!” I shouted. “Doesn’t sound like nothing.” Sungyeol smirked. I shrugged it off and took the watch from the leather box, and when I look at the back, it has some kind of craving on it. “28…0489. It has that number here and a crown craved here. What do you think it means?” Sungjong look at me with disbelief and Sungyeol palming his face. “It’s your birthday, hyung.” Sungjong said. Oh. My birthday. Wait. “How on earth Nam Woohyun knows my birthday?!”

-

 

-

My shift is almost over. It’s evening already and thank goodness I’m going home soon. But I’m still confused, if go back to my parent’s house that girl will found out and she will slaughter me because she thinks I haven’t forgiven Woohyun yet. Why she needs me to forgive Woohyun in the first place? I sighed. My office room is awfully quiet, there’s some patient come here earlier, but it was already hours ago. Sungjong had some appointment so he has already gone. Sungyeol is going home earlier today. I sighed again, and start to pack my things. And then the door swings open, I was curious, who would come here at this time? Sungjong had clearly stated that he would come straight to home, not visiting me again. When I looked up, I saw Jang Dongwoo there. But what I saw next make me froze. Nam Woohyun is also there.

“What… are you two doing here?” I asked. Woohyun’s face dropped hearing my sour tone. I want to laugh but I can’t do that right now. “Woohyun here wants to say something.” Dongwoo grinned. “What is it?” I said, continuing my activity from earlier; packing my things as it’s the most important activity in the world, anything so that I don’t need to look at Woohyun. “Listen, Sunggyu. Would you look at me please?” Woohyun said. Damn, he must’ve read my thoughts then. “W-what?” I looked up, hesitated a bit. “I’m sorry.” He said shyly. Shy Nam Woohyun? Never in my life I saw something like this. “For what?” I acted dumb, wanting to play a bit with him. I can see that Dongwoo goes limp holding his laughter. “F-for that time when I abandon you. I didn’t mean to I swear! I only—“ “I understand, apology accepted.” He can be cute sometimes. “Really?” He asked in disbelief, he probably thinks that I won’t forgive him, but because of that girl who told me of Woohyun’s true intention, how can I not forgive him. “Yes, Nam Woohyun.” I smiled a t him. “Thanks really! I promise I won’t do it again!” He approached me and hugged me. Dongwoo didn’t hold his laughter any longer, the moment he saw my reddened face, he laugh like there’s no tomorrow. I started to doubt my decision on forgiving him.

“So, since you’re problem is all clear, I’ll be going, bye you two!” Dongwoo grinned once again, even though he already exit the door, I still can hear his laugh. “That friend of yours is really something.” I said. “Yes he is, have you open my gift for you?” He asked. “Y-yes I have.” I answer while and cursing myself silently for stuttering. “Do you like it, then?” He asked once again. “Y-yes, I liked it.” I stutter again, why is Nam Woohyun making me like this? “Why don’t you wear it then?” He smirked. “A-ah I-I just about to—“ Suddenly, Woohyun grabbed my hand and the watch that is on the table. He brings me closer to him, so that it will be easier to put the watch on my hands. My face reddened because his head is just inches to my face. When he looked up, I can see his black orbs drowning me, I can’t stop staring. I can feel that the watch is now in my wrist, but he still holding my hand, and our face didn’t move. Our face is so close, and I swear I could feel magnetism that almost, almost makes me moves my face closer. But he did move his face closer. I closed my eyes until I heard the door swings open.

“Nam Woohyun—oh.” I yanked my hands off him and blushed madly, and I can see tiny shades of red in Woohyun’s cheeks. “I interrupt something… Right?” I hear unfamiliar voice and turn around to see who is it. I don’t know who is it but… He looked really familiar. “Kim Myungsoo.” Woohyun hissed. I think that I’ve ever heard that name somewhere. “You’ve been bugging me all day long, why you have to come right now, right when I—“ “I need your help!” He shouted. I stare at this so-called Kim Myungsoo. He’s really handsome. “Look, Woohyun, I think your Sunggyu hyung didn’t mind I’m here, he’s staring at me.” He smirked. I groaned. Woohyun frowned. “Is he more handsome than me?” Woohyun asked. “What?” I asked in disbelief, Woohyun could be really childish sometimes. “I know he’s a model and such, but I’m more handsome right?” Woohyun asked once again. Myungsoo snorted. “Well I need your help, can you please stop the lovey dovey act?” I blushed and Woohyun growled. “What do you need?” He asked sourly. “I need your help.” He stated simply.

“Lately, there’s someone who sends me a picture of me and my ex-girlfriend, back then when I’m still in high school. But since my appearance now and then hasn’t change much, media could use the photo against my back. Plus, the sender asked a big sum of money, of I don’t grant it, the sender said that he would spread this photo. ” Myungsoo explained. “And you want us to track who the heck send the photo?” Woohyun asked. “Wait, us?” I asked Woohyun. “Yes, us. Why don’t you just pay the money?” Woohyun goes back to Myungsoo. I pouted. The detective is Woohyun! Why I should be in this too? “I have the most famous detective in Seoul as a friend, why can’t I use that connection instead. Plus, with Sunggyu hyung here, you won’t run away from me again.” He smirked. Woohyun groaned. “Do you have this photo with you right now?” Myungsoo then goes through his pocket, looking for the photo. He took it out and showed it to us. It’s indeed that Myungsoo in the photo looks alike with the Myungsoo standing in front of me right now. And besides him is his ex-girlfriend. “What is your ex-girlfriend’s name?” This girl looked familiar… But I can’t recall who is it. “Her name is Park Sunyoung, she’s from busan.” Myungsoo answered. Woohyun took the photo and examine it. Then he found something. “There’s a faint mark of pencil here. It have been erased but I still can see what is the sender writing earlier.” Woohyun said. I move closer to see the mark, but when I looked up, Woohyun’s face is inches from my face, again. “Ahem.” Myungsoo said while smirking and Woohyun groaned, and I swear I could see a little red on his cheeks. It’s not like my cheeks are better, I bet it’s already as red as tomato right now. “So, from what I inspect here, I still could read the mark. It said ‘w i n g s  s a l o n’. Wings salon huh?” He smirked. “This is easy, let’s go there tomorrow.” Woohyun glanced at me. “Why tomorrow? Oh I know, you can’t wait to get your princess home so you could pound—“ “Kim Myungsoo, one more word and I swear you won’t live to see the light ever again.” Woohyun stated and glare at Myungsoo. What is Myungsoo talking about? “Just kidding, you have no sense of humor. Well see you tomorrow, then, and no, I’ll pick up both of you at your house. There’s no way in hell I would ride that red sport car of yours.” Myungsoo then left. Soon, Woohyun and I leave too.

-

-

Now I’m on the car with Woohyun, thank god he didn’t drive that fancy car of his, because I clearly didn’t like that. Then I felt my phone vibrated.

「From: K.Js

How’s it going oppa? Is there any case? 」

「To: K.Js

How come you didn’t ask about me forgiving him or not after we argued on the whole afternoon? 」

「From: K.Js

I already know you’re going to forgive him. So, the new case? 」I groaned. Woohyun shot me a look.

「To: K.Js

There’s this model Kim Myungsoo asking for help. Recently, someone sent him a photo of him and his girlfriend. The sender asked a big sum of money. He brings the photo earlier and Woohyun found a faint mark on the photo. The mark said something about ‘wings salon’. I don’t know where the heck is that salon.」

「From: K.Js

I could probably help that for you. Tonight you need to rest. Let’s outsmart him tomorrow ;) 」

I let out a chuckle. Woohyun is staring at me.

「To: K.Js

Yes~ Let’s do that! Goodnight ;) 」

“Who are you texting?” Woohyun asked, eyes still focused on the road. “No one.” I said, I looked out the window. It’s really dark outside. “Really? Your expression doesn’t looked like you’re texting no one.” He stated. I closed my eyes, faking my sleep. I really don’t need Woohyun to know about my plan. I heard Woohyun sighed and I feel asleep soon after that.

-

 

-

I woke up the next morning; I was about to go straight downstairs when I hear the vibration of my phone. I opened it and look who is it.

「From: K.Js

There’s no such thing as Wings Salon. But there’s Angel’s Salon, the only one had anything to do with Wings. From my research, it belongs to a model named Kim Angel, Korean-American, and guess what I found? Recently she was on the same photo shoot with Myungsoo, fantasy themed photo shoot. Myungsoo, reads L here, is as the angel while Kim Angel herself as the Devil. She used a hairstyle that she develop on her own, and called it the ‘Wings’ hairstyle. It’s a trend for girls in Seoul now. Short wavy cut with blonde color or other color with a tint of white that they said looked like angel’s wings, even though I can’t see which part of the hairstyle looking like angel’s wings. Coincidence? Don’t think so. And Myungsoo’s girlfriend name is Park Sunyoung right? She worked at angel’s salon, resigning yesterday. She is called Park Lizzy there. Don’t ask how I got the info because I have my own ways.」

I was really amused. How could she find out such things? Well, today I’m so going to outsmart Nam Woohyun.

I go downstairs, and then I see Nam Woohyun there. Shirtless. He has a perfect body, abs and toned arms. He does some stretching and his muscles are contracting in a beautiful way. I gulped. “You know, staring is rude.” Woohyun just noticed me and . I blushed. “I-I didn’t stare!” I shouted and ran back upstairs. I can hear Woohyun’s laugh. What a great way to start a morning. Way to go, Kim Sunggyu.

-

 

-

I’m now eating breakfast that I cooked myself of course. That bastard Nam Woohyun can’t cook anything else except ramyun and coffee, if you count making coffee as cooking. I’m making an ordinary sandwich, because Woohyun seems obsessed with sandwich (or anything I cooked in general). He probably just amused since he never eat anything fancy at home. He got downstairs and I’ve already prepared coffee for him, so we don’t took a long time only to eat breakfast (he took fifteen long minutes only to make a coffee). “Thanks for the breakfast.” He ate the sandwich silently. “Woohyun, have you find the—“ Then we heard a honk. Myungsoo is here. I groaned, I only finished half of my breakfast, but Woohyun, being the fast eater he is, he’s already gulping down his coffee and munching the rest of his sandwich afterwards. “Just bring that to Myungsoo’s car.” Woohyun said. “I dislike foods on my car! Just get in here!” Myungsoo shouted. I pouted. Woohyun just sighed and dragged me to the car.

“So, did you find something about this Wings salon?” Myungsoo asked. “Actually, I haven’t looked that up…?” Woohyun said. “What? I thought you are the detective. So where should we go now?” Myungsoo asked furiously. “I know where is that salon.” I sighed. “Don’t tell me you often went there?” Myungsoo asked. “It’s not that! Okay?” I groaned. “I’ve done some researching last night, and there’s no such thing as Wings salon here in Seoul. But there’s one salon that have something to do with wings. Myungsoo, you must know Kim Angel right?” I asked. “Yes, I know her, why?” Myungsoo asked back. Woohyun is just frowning in confusion. “Well she owned a famous salon, called Angel’s salon. Recently she is on a photo shoot with you, you as the angel and she as the devil. There, she uses the hairstyle called as ‘wings’ hairstyle, short wavy cut in the color of blonde and tint of white?” I asked once again. “Yes… How did you know? We haven’t release my side of the photo, how did you know I’m the angel?” Myungsoo asked curiously. “I… have my ways. In the Angel’s salon, someone named Park Sunyoung worked there, I’m pretty sure it’s your ex-girlfriend.” I stated. Woohyun’s expression tells me that he is amused with my explanation. I mentally laugh. “Good then, let’s head there! I wonder who is the detective right now.” Myungsoo said. “Good job, princess.” He said, smiling. 

We arrived at the Angel’s salon, Myungsoo is working with his disguise; he’s a famous model after all. But then I got a message from her.

「From: K.Js

It’s too late; you should watch the TV right after you got in. She has already gone to busan. Good luck, oppa. 」

What the heck? Busan? That’s like five hours drive from Seoul. I groaned and I go inside. Once we are inside. Woohyun is already flirting with one of the girls. I scoffed. “Jealous much?” Myungsoo smirked. “Am not.” I hit his hand and he just laughs playfully, I can’t help but laugh too. Woohyun is frowning at me, he ignored the girl he was flirting with earlier and went to us. Surprisingly, the girl tailed him. “She said that no one named Park Sunyoung worked here.” Woohyun said, and the girl nodded. “How about Park Lizzy?” I asked. “Oh, that busan girl? She used to work here, but she resigned yesterday. Ah, I forgot, Lizzy’s real name is Park Sunyoung, sorry for the wrong info, handsome.” She giggled but Woohyun paid no respond to her. He is staring with disbelief at me, but then he smirked. He goes near me and whisper huskily in my ears. “I don’t know you’re that good, princess. And oh, you’re wearing the watch from me.” He pulled away, still smirking and I really want to wipe that smirk off his face. But then I remember her order to watch the TV, still blushing; I looked around for the TV while Woohyun and Myungsoo uses their charm on the girls, I never fond of the girls. I rolled my eyes. I found a TV there, there are some girls who are watching it, and then it comes.

「“Model Kim Myungsoo is now on a relationship?”

Our staff got this photo last night, sent by someone. There’s the famous model Kim Myungsoo holding hands with a girl, it seems the photo has taken not too long from now. Our source said that this photo is taken in busan. Unfortunately, we can’t see the girl’s face. Who is it? Is she pretty? Is she a model? An actress? Or even an idol? Let’s wait the response from Kim Myungsoo himself.」

I stared at the photo that is being broadcasted on TV. Myungsoo turned around to see the TV too, he’s shocked. Woohyun glanced at me, and we only know one thing; we need to get to busan, fast.

-

 

-

“Myungsoo, drive at full speed, how many hours left?”  Woohyun asked Myungsoo. “We’re going to arrive, soon.” Myungsoo answered. It’s getting dark. And Woohyun is now inspecting the picture on his hand phone. Then I got a message, again. I groaned.

「From: K.Js

It’s not Versace. Believe me. 」

「To: K.Js

What? 」

What the heck is she talking about?  “I can see the brand that being blurred here; Versace. Myungsoo, what’s with the brand?” Woohyun asked. “It’s the brand of her favorite hoodie. I bought it for her at our first meeting because I spilled coffee at her clothes. I know which store. Let’s go there.” Myngsoo stated and Woohyun nodded. I bit my lips, she said we shouldn’t be going to Versace. What should I do?

「From: K.Js

You shouldn’t be going to Versace. Ask Myungsoo to drop you on the first Starbucks you found on busan. Then run to east, you will find Sunyoung’s old highschool. The place where she met Myungsoo for the first time back then. Go to the rooftop. But don’t ask Myungsoo to come with you, let him go to the Versace. 」

「To: K.Js

How did you…? And why? 」

「From: K.Js

Just do it. I’ll explain later. 」

I sighed. Then we are nearing busan, I found the first Starbucks. “Myungsoo, stop here.”I demanded. “What? Why?” He asked but he stopped nevertheless. “I have somewhere to go, don’t worry, it have something to do with the case, too.” I smiled at him. “I’ll come.” Woohyu stated. “What? But  I need to go on my own….” I said. I looked to my phone.

「From: K.Js

Woohyun oppa could come with you. 」

I groaned. “Fine, you can come. Myungsoo, go to the Versace, okay?” I said. Myungsoo nodded and I stepped out from the car and so does Woohyun. Myungsoo goes away, and I dragged Woohyun to run to the east. “Where are we going?” Woohyun asked. “You’ll see.” I stated. She better be right this time.

-

 

-

We’re already arrived there; I see it, the high school.  “Now, where are we going?” Woohyun asked, panting. I’m panting too, and my legs feel numb. “Rooftop.” I said. I can’t feel my legs when suddenly; Woohyun got down and patted on his back. “Hurry and get on.” I was about to argue back when I realize Woohyun is already tugging at my legs, making me fall forward, and he has already carried me. He keeps running.

“Am I heavy?” I asked. We’re halfway to the rooftop. “No you’re not, you’re light as feather, and have you eaten these days?” He asked. I choose to not answer and finally, we are there. I opened the door and I saw a girl. She turned around, wearing the exact same hoodie like in the photo. She is Park Sunyoung.

“ I already think that Myungsoo oppa will never come, right?” She smiled sadly. She throws something at us, a bunch of paper, photos to be exact. It’s photos of her and Myungsoo. “I have a heart problem, and I need money for the surgery. I’m dying. When he didn’t want to pay… I think of this, I just wanted to see him for the last time… I still love him.” She said. And then she went near the fences. “Don’t, don’t do it, Sunyoung-ah.” I know who is she. And I know who is Myungsoo. I finally remembered. Damn that girl for not telling me about this earlier. “She might won’t like it if you do this, Sunyoung-ah.” I pleaded. “She helped you a lot right?” Sunyoung smiled. Woohyun just stood there, dumbfounded. “She is your best friend, Sunyoung-ah. Now I understand why she insist that Myungsoo must not come here.” I pleaded, I almost cried. “She is my best friend… And she is the only person Myungsoo will love.” She cried. “Do you think that killing yourself would make Myungsoo knows your true intention?” Woohyun asked. “I-I… “ She is speechless. “I don’t care if you have heart problems or if you dying, if you kill yourself, what will you gain? Making Myungsoo miserable for the rest of his life because of your death?” Woohyun stated. She falls on her knees crying. I approached her, and so does Woohyun. I hugged her. “Everything’s going to be okay, Sunyoung-ah. Please stay alive.” I cried along with her. “I’m dying… Tell her…. She will be my best friend forever… and tell Myungsoo oppa… that I love him so much. I love you too, oppa… Sunggyu oppa… I always thought you as my brother… thank you…” And then I feel her cries stopped. I hear police sirens, and her breathing stopped. I cried, and Woohyun is hugging me.

-

 

-

“Oppa. Are you okay?” She said. She approaches me. Woohyun is still hugging me; he is the one who carries me downstairs. Woohyun frowned; he doesn’t know who the girl in front of me is. “Jisoo-yah, why didn’t you tell me earlier that she is the Park Sunyoung, your best friend since highschool?” I asked. My voice is still trembling. “How would your be expression if I did tell you about that?” Jisoo asked while sadness laced through her voice. I stayed silent. “I’m sorry… oppa….” She said. “It’s okay, I know you’re sad too.” I saw Woohyun’s frowned even deeper. “And, Woohyun, let me introduce you. This is my younger sister, she is from the U.S. Kim Jisoo.” Jisoo just smiled and Woohyun nodded. Then Myungsoo’s car approached. “Sunggyu hyung—“ He froze halfway here. And Jisoo froze too. “KIM JISOO, WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING HERE?” Myungsoo shouted. “I just came back from U.S. and that’s all you want to say? Geez, how rude.” She playfully said. I’m glad that her mood is lifted up. “How did she know…?” Woohyun asked. “They are best friend from high school.” I simply stated. “So, Sunggyu hyung is Jisoo’s older brother? How come?” Myungsoo is confused. “Talking about rude, you should be the one who’s rude, Jisoo-yah. How could you, after I become happy you come back from U.S. the first thing you ask from me is to drive you all the way from Seoul to busan.” Howon sighed. “I’m sorry….?” She asked, laughing loudly. I could see it, the way Myungsoo see Jisoo, he is in love with Jisoo. Sunyoung is right. Even though I just lost a dear person, with Jisoo’s presence, I feel that my mood is lighten up.

 

Extra:

“Your sister is the one who told you all of those clue right?”

“W-what? A-ah it’s—“

“Yep, I’m right.”

“B-but, that means I failed to outsmart you…?”

“Outsmart me? That’s your intention?”

“Yes! I’ve been planning this for my revenge since you almost slit my throat, unintentionally.”

“Yah, that’s…. I’ve said sorry, okay?”

“Whatever, whatever.”

“Stop pouting, or I’ll kiss you for real this time.”

“YAH NAM WOOHYUN!”

“Wow, I’d like to see you kissing Woohyun oppa, oppa.”

“KIM JISOO, COME HERE!”


A/n: Finally updating after my exams done! Tell me what do you think in this~ and how's the poster?