Guerra Mundial

Push and Pull of Love and Hate

"Ga Eul-yang." Kimi, one of her Japanese colleagues called her. "I'll go ahead. Will you be fine here?" She hollered from across the room. She was turning her computer off and the overhead lights in her area.

"Sure thing! Komawoyo(Thank you)." She smiled a bit and got a little envious. She still have a couple of pages to go and the whole office's already deserted. She glanced at the table clock. It was twenty minutes after eight. She was feeling really tired. She was massaging her neck slowly when her direct line rang. "Hello."

=I am right. You're burrying yourself at work again.= Jae Joong snorted.

"Hmn. 'Zup?" She asked. She saw she last page coming out of the printer and she smiled to herself. She'll just request their production assistant to reproduce it for her tomorrow.

=Are you up for tonight? Opening of Yunho's bar, remember?= He was referring to his distant cousin. And Yun Ho's become her friend too over the year that Jae Joong's been living with her.

"Oh. Yeah, I forgot. Sure. Uhm, Jae Joong?" She called in a chirping voice.

=I know. I am on my way.= She snickered in delight. During her lunch break, she took her car into the nearest body shop. Jae Joong checked it last night but he said it would be best if a professional looks at it too. It turned out that there are a lot of things to fix and replace and she won't be able to get it until next week.

"Thanks a bunch! Call me when you're here, okay?" She said and replaced the receiver.

*****************************************************************************

"Congratulations!" She said in a loud voice and kissed Yunho in the cheek. The music was a little loud for her taste but the bar's ambience excited her. When was the last time that she went out to really enjoy? She can't even remember. It was just nine in the evening but the place was jam-packed. "The place is awesome." She said sincerely. It was a huge bar and restaurant in Namsan. The whole place was sparsely decorated with tasteful modern furnitures and fixtures creating a lot of space to breathe and roam around. All in all, it was relaxing and homey.

"Kamsahamnida(Thank you)!" He looked pleased. "Jae Joong-sshi." He gave his cousin a manly hug and Jae Joong immediately got flustered. Thanks to the subdued lighting and mirror balls, it went unnoticed. "I've reserved a spot for you over there." Yunho pointed to the loft and gestured a waiter to come over. "Please lead them to their table." He said and looked at her. "You both enjoy the night, alright? I have to do something." He nodded at his cousin and disappeared through the crowd.

They decided that only Jae Joong would be drinking alcohol and that she'll be driving them home. She genuinely enjoyed the evening though. Yunho will be coming over to their table every now and then and would introduce some friends. One even asked for her phone number.

"That one's cute." Jae Joong whispered and she couldn't agree more. Yunho introduced the guy as Micky and he's also funny aside from being cute. "And look at those moves. Uh lala." Jae Joong laughed. Micky was attracting attention. He's a very good dancer. He asked her for a dance but she was too tired so she declined.

She just smiled at his silliness. He's becoming tipsy and some of his words were already slurred. "You're showing your true colors, Kim Jae Joong." She said a hushed voice. She looked at her wrist watch and was surprised to see that it was already past eleven. "Let's go home. I'll look for Yunho first." And she left him.

****************************************************************************

Jae Joong's been singing on their way home and she can't help but be infected by his happy mood. "Girl, two things!" He put up a peace sign in front of her face.

"Hey! I can't focus on the road." She reprimanded. "What two things?" She asked.

"Two things that you need. One, a new car and two, a new love life." He sniggered and he earned a whack from her.

"And what are you trying to imply?" She glared at him.

"Uh oh. I am not implying. I am telling you that you need a new car and a boyfriend so you don't end up riding with me all the time. The boys might think I am taken, you know." He said playfully.

"Alright. I can see the logic in the car but how about the boyfriend, huh?" She smirked. She turned to the street where they live. She noticed the silver car parked in Jae Joong's usual spot and she raised an eyebrow. She read the personalized plate. It says 'beau'. She honked three times and someone got out of the car. Her eyes widened. She totally forgot about him!

"Wow. You have to pray harder for the car. But you won't mind riding with your 'beau', would you?" Jae Joong taunted and got out of the car before she can hit him again. She closed her eyes tight. How could she forget? And seeing Yi Jeong's murderous expression, she could tell that it was getting out of hand. She sighed and readied herself for the third world war. She got out and she wanted to applaud Jae Joong for behaving like a real valiant in front of Yi Jeong. She found her roommate in a staring contest with Jan Di's brother.

****************************************************************************

"Sunbae." She greeted. He narrowed his eyes.

"What time is it? Didn't I tell you I'll pick you up at eight?" He can't believe she let him wait for more than four hours! He fell asleep waiting for her, worried sick that something bad happened to her.

"Did I tell you that I'll go with you?" She shot back. Her face reddened in anger and he realized that he made a mistake of raising his voice. "For your information Mr. So, I don't own the company where I work and I just can't leave whenever I fancy."

"Let us talk about this inside." Her boyfriend said in a formal tone and opened the gate. Ga Eul glared at him before letting him in.

"I am sorry. But I really need you to come with me, Ga Eul-yang. Omma was hysterical. She can't even eat. You know Jan Di won't listen to me so we need you to convince her to come home." He explained before anybody could speak. One of the care takers in their Cheju vacation home called their house to inform them that Jan Di arrived safely.

"Where is she?" She asked.

"Cheju." He replied. She looked surprised for a second and then nodded. She looked at her boyfriend and they looked like they were communicating through their eyes.

"Please take care of her. I'll let the authorities know if she's not back within twenty four hours." The guy crossed his arms in front of his chest and he wanted to strangle him.

"Rest assured that she will be back before the time allowed. I don't have any plans of extending our time together. I have better things to do." He said before he can restrain himself and she saw her eyeballs bulging out of its sockets.

"I'll take your word for it then." Jae Joong extended a hand and he shook it. He smelt alcohol. He fought the urge not to raise an eyebrow. She went drinking while mosquitoes feasted on him outside her apartment?

"Arrrggh!" She screamed in frustration and stomped her way upstairs.