Last Star Until Forever

One-shot series

 

"Mummy, I am done!" Little Eunjin shouted from the toilet. Gwiboon reached out for the towel hung on the edge of the ledge of the bed and took small steps into the toilet. She pushed open the door and held the towel out and wrapped it around Eunjin, drying off the water droplets on her body, arms and legs. Gwiboon saw Eunjin staring at her, "Yes Eun-ah? Why are you staring at me like this? Is there anything on my face?"

 

"Mummy you are so pretty! Eunjin loves you!" Eunjin exclaimed. "Eunjin is pretty too and mummy loves Eunjin too." Gwiboon smiled as she carried Eunjin and brought her to the bed to dress her up in her pajamas. 

 

"Mummy I want that Pororo pajamas!" Eunjin pointed to her favourite pajamas.

 

"All right dearie." Gwiboon stood up straight and took the pajamas that were hung in front of a cupboard. She walked to Eunjin and slipped the shirt over her head and crouched down to let Eunjin step into her long pants. "There you go, all settled for bed!" 

 

"Mummy, what story are you going to read to me today?" Eunjin tilted her head and looked at Gwiboon. Gwiboon thought for a little while before smiling and said, "Hmm, mummy will tell you a story about two people. Two that were destined to love."

 

"A long time ago, there were two babies, they were destined to be together, but the boy grew up to be a successful and famous person while the girl, well she just grew up to be a normal girl. The boy was a famous idol from an idol group, appear on television shows, hold concerts all around the world and are well-liked by everybody. Fate wasn't that bad, it allowed them to meet and cupid struck that girl. That girl fell in love with the boy instantly but she remained as a face in the sea of fans supporting them. She was not known to that boy but she knew almost everything about that boy. She loved his goofiness on television, how clumsy he was, how talented he actually was yet he does not show it, how his finger could crack open a walnut with not much effort needed. She saw him cry, she knew he worked hard to earn his title. She knew his real name to his favourite colour. But sad to say, he never knew her."

 

"Mummy that's so sad! So did the story end like this?" Eunjin pouted.

 

"Fortunately, it didn't, Eun-ah." Gwiboon smiled and continued. "One day, the idol group decided to hold their annual concert on the 13th of December and it was their last concert before they go on a long break. Of course the girl decided to go since it was the holiday and she would never pass up a chance to meet her one and only love. Besides, she was pretty sure there will be an event from fans since the next day was her idol's birthday. She decided to go online to buy her tickets. Fearing that the tickets might be out of stock, she ran out of her room to ask for her mom's credit card. 

 

'It's your favourite idol group again? Sigh how much are you going to spend on them? What are you buying again? I swear I am going bankrupt at the rate you are buying your idol things.' Her mom sighed in despair.

 

'Mom I have to go for their concert!' 

 

'When is it?' 

 

'13th of December!' That girl happily exclaimed. 

 

'13th of December? We are leaving for London on the 12th! Did you forget?'

 

'Mom don't try to pull a prank on me. Ha ha ha good one, but I don't believe.'

 

'Darling, I am not pulling a prank, I am serious.' When the girl looked at how serious her mother was, she finally realized that her mother was not joking at all. 

 

'No! Mom! WHY? Can you please please book me a ticket for the next day instead? Or push the time back. Please! I am sure you can do something! Mom I beg you, you have to do something!' 

 

'I am afraid I can't do anything dear. Sorry.' 

 

That girl cried for days and even stopped talking to her mom for a week. But she knew she can't do anything about it. So she had no choice but to go. By the time they reached London, it was already 13th December, she didn't want to check any of her social network, fearing that it would just depressed her further. She did not want to read any fan accounts that might rub salt in her wound and tell her that it’s such a waste to not go for the concert. The pictures from the various fansites would be enough for her to think of jumping off the airplane. 

 

She knew thinking about it wouldn't make her feel any better. So the only thing she could do was to try and enjoy her trip.

 

On the night of 14th December, she asked for permission to roam around London, as it was their umpteenth time in London, she was easily granted permission and she went out. She headed to the nearest park and sat on the bench. She looked up at the dark blue sky that was littered with stars that seemed to glisten even more in contrast with the dark sky. She looked down and sighed,

 

"Onew-ah, when will be the next time I get to see you?" Soon she felt a drop of water on her hand. That drop then became two and soon, before she knew it, it was pouring. She ran to the nearest telephone booth to seek shelter, and when she was about to close the booth, she felt a force pulling the door open. She refused to budge but as the force was stronger than she could hold, she was pulled along with the door. All that was in her mind was, 'Ugh, can't that person just find another shelter, I am here first.' She smoothed down her shirt and got ready to yell at the person but as she looked up, the person standing right before her was her idol. She stood dumbfounded. She forgot to speak, she forgot to breathe and she could only stare at the person standing in front of her that seem to shine brighter than anything else (even brighter than the stars).

 

'Miss, are you all right? I am so sorry I didn't realize that there was somebody in here! I thought the door was locked!' He apologised.

 

'Y-y-es.' Was all she managed to stutter out. She tried to look as calm as possible but she was hyperventilating inside. 

 

'Good to know.' He shone her his white teeth, his million watt smile, and she immediately felt as everything around her just got even brighter. 

 

'A-a-ren't you L-lee O-onew?' She tried asking normally but failed.

 

'Oh you know me!' That said person giggled and scratched his head.

 

'A-aren't y-you s-supposed to be in K-korea for the c-c-c-concert?' 

 

'Oh the concert ended and it's our break now. So I came to London!' He shone his pearl white teeth again.

 

They chatted for a long time, until the rain stopped. 

 

'Oh it stopped raining! I have to go now! It was nice meeting you. I think I want to get to know you more, so here's my number. Please don't spread it around. I trust you won't do that.' The boy sent her a wink and prepared to open the door. 

 

The girl mustered up enough courage and held his hand stopping him, before crashing her body into his and said, 'Happy Birthday.'"

 

"Mummy, it ended just like this? What happened to them in the end?" Eunjin got so excited that she patted her own thighs/

 

"They got married and lived happily ever after. I heard they even got a daughter!" 

 

"Really? Mummy I want to meet them one day!" Eunjin exclaimed and shone her smile. 

 

Just then, the front door peeked open and Eunjin's father popped his head. "What's my pretty daughter and beautiful wife doing that you are not including me into?" He pouted.

 

"Daddy!" Eunjin got up from her bed and ran into the arms of her father. "Mummy was just telling me about how an idol and a fan girl got together! I want to meet them one day, daddy!"

 

"Eun-ah, you don't have to wait for that day, you are already living with them." Both Gwiboon and Jinki said.

 

Eunjin tilted her head and looked at both of her parents not grasping the situation while Jinki carried her up and pulled Gwiboon by her waist to him while Gwiboon rested her head on his shoulder. 

 

For now, they are living in bliss and forever and ever.

--------------------------------

Okay let me just give all fangirls hope. :D Comment please!! ^^