Too Late

One-shot series

It has been one month since their breakup.
It has been 31 days since their breakup.
It has been 744 hours since their breakup.
It has been 44 640 minutes since their break up.
It has been 2 678 400 seconds since their break up.

Time is still ticking and Key is still counting how many days since their breakup.
Time wouldn’t stop for anyone, wouldn’t it?
It wouldn’t go back to the past either.
So all Key could do, was to reminiscence.

Key is still madly and deeply in love with Onew.
He can’t forget all that had happened between him and Onew.
Key blames himself for the breakup but who could stand seeing their man kissing another girl?
Every single thing in Key’s room could be related to Onew.
Be it, books, water bottle, lamp, cupboard.
Key got up from his bed, walked around the room, touching every single photo of Onew and him, thinking about the memories he had with Onew. 
How sweet it was, how romantic it was…..

Suddenly his phone rang, breaking his train of thoughts.

“Heartbreaker” could be seen on his phone screen.
He sighed before pressing the green button.
“Hello?”
“Hello, Key? How have you been?”
“I am fine. Feeling better than ever. How are you?” Key lied.
“I am fine…” There was silence before Onew continued, “Key, I really do not know how to tell you this but I regretted breaking up with you, I am regretting what I have done. I am stupid, how could I realized it only now that you are the best to me?! Key, please give me a second chance!”
“But…”
“Please Key, I promise and swear I wouldn’t do this again!”

“All right!” Key was so happy that he started crying. He rolled around the bed and rejoiced.

They agreed to meet at 6pm that night. Key was overjoyed thinking that all his misery living without Onew would be gone and he would once again be blissful.

However, his dream shattered when Onew came into the VIP room of restaurant with a girl clung onto his arms. At first, Key thought it was Onew’s friend, but seeing how close they were, he started to have second thoughts.

“O-onew, who is she?” Key stuttered.
“I am Onew’s girlfriend, do you have any problem with that?” The girl spoke with a faked American accent and in harshly.
“Onew, please tell me this isn’t true!” Key looked at Onew’s eyes, almost begging.
“Yah, this is not my business, if you two wanna fight, don’t drag me into it.” Onew shrugged his shoulders and looked away.
“Stop seducing my boyfriend, you !” The girl rudely yelled.

Key thought that Onew would do something, however to Key’s dismay, Onew did nothing but continued to drink his tea.

Fed up, Key got into a quarrel with the girl and they started hurling insults to each other.

“I thought you promised not to do this again,” Key said with teary eyes, “You know what, Onew-ssi, I am done and tired with this. I am ing tired of you playing with my heart, making me fall deeper in love with you and the next thing I know, you ed a girl. Another thing, don’t think I don’t know you feel humiliated being with me. Why don’t you just off from my life and don’t get my hopes so high. My life is ed up enough.” With that, he slapped Onew and ran out of the restaurant, one palm covering his mouth and crying out loud.

Just as Key was about to cross the road, he didn’t notice the car coming his way. 

“BANG” followed by a screech resounded through the busy town.
Many passers-by started crowding around the scene where the accident happened.

Onew ran out when he heard the bang.
Lying lifelessly on the road was Key.
Onew couldn’t believe what just happened. 
He kneeled down next to Key and started crying and shouting to the people to call for an ambulance.

It was only then did Onew realized how much he loved Key. 
However, it was too late.
Too late to apologise.
Too late to make it up for Key.

As he looked up the sky, a little star fell from its spot.
“Key, mianhae. Cheongmal mianhae.”

The fact that Key was gone, can never be changed, no matter how guilty Onew felt.