Memories

One-shot series

 

I walked into the room and plopped myself down on the bed, with legs and arms widespread. "Oh right! Diary!!" I thought as I rolled to the other side of the bed to grab my diary from the drawer and tried to find my pen while touching the drawer. When I finally felt the pen, I took it out and sat up. I flipped through the book, reading some of the entries and laughed at how silly I was. Finally flipping to an empty page, I began to write.

 

Feelings, they are one weird thing eh? It can remain unchangedfor a long time, it can change within seconds. It's amazing and mysterious how feelings develop. It's always a wonder to me how feelings work. I remember the day when we first met. It was by the corridor, remember? 

 

You were walking towards your apartment and I was so busy trying to check if I got all my books right for school, and being the extremely clumsy me, I bumped into you, which eventually sent all my books flying. You fell onto the ground, and started crying out loud. I was startled and didn't know what to do momentarily. 

 

At that point you started screaming, "What did I even do to make you cheat on me? What does that girl has that I don't?" I then knew that it wasn't the bump that made you cry. I was trying to calm you down but you just got louder and louder. People began to open their doors to know what was making the ruckus. When they saw what happened, they immediately assumed that it was my fault and begun murmuring, "What a jerk, how can he make his boyfriend cry and not do anything." I tried to explain it wasn't my fault but no one bothered listening. I picked up my books and helped you out before helping you back to my house. 

 

"Here, take a drink." That was my second line after we met. The memory of our first meeting is still fresh in my mind. Your trembling hands took that cup from me, worrying that you would drop that cup, my hand supported the cup until it reached your lips. You put the cup down and started to sob. My hands naturally went to your back and patted you, hoping you would feel comforted.

 

"Am I not good for him? Why did he do this to me? Why?" I was startled because it was my first time comforting a guy crying for a guy. I just didn't know you swung that way. Even though it was my first time meeting you, I felt an instant spark between. At that time, I didn't know that I was slowly swinging the same way as you did. 

 

After that day, we became closer. You would ask me out for ice-cream dates when you were upset or thought about that jerk that broke your heart while I would ask you out for coffee to help you get over that bastard who must have been blind to cheat on you. However, you only thought of me as a best friend. I was satisfied, at least I held some sort of a position in your heart.

 

I thought you got over him, but I guess, I thought wrong. 

 

Not long after, I received a phone call from you. You told me to meet you at the café we always had our coffee as you had something to tell me and you sounded way too excited. I took out a white tee and jeans and matched it with a cardigan as the weather was getting colder as it was approaching winter. 

 

When I reached the café, you stood up from your seat and gave me a hug. "What's the occasion?" I asked with a smile. 

 

"Jinki, he called me a few hours ago."

 

"What did he say?" 

 

"He told me his was sorry for leaving me and he regretted and he wants to get back with me."

 

"What is your answer?" 

 

"I agreed."

 

At that moment, it felt as if my whole world stopped. Why, why does that jerk get to be back with you even after cheating on you? Why don't I get a chance too? I guess I would have to keep this feeling a secret and hopefully, I would be able to get over you.

 

"Oh, okay, I wish you happiness Kibum-ah, you finally got your wish come true!" I smiled, "oh Kibum, I need to do something, and I will call you later?" 

 

"Okay!"

 

But actually, I didn't have anything important on that day. I just wanted to escape from reality, even if it’s not permanent, at least it's a temporary relief for me.

 

From that day on, we didn't meet. Or how should I put it? You asked me out, but I never agreed to meet you? I admit, I was a coward, I didn't dare nor do I know how to face you. Because I know if I were to talk to you again, I wouldn't be able to hold my feelings back. 

 

It wasn't until the night of Christmas, you called me. You told me to open the door and hung up. I walked to the front door, and reluctantly open the door as I wasn't in the mood to meet you. You stood there, clad in a tank top with a thin cardigan and jeans. 

 

"Are you crazy? It's so cold outside, get in!"

 

You shook your head and pointed to the stack of papers you were holding. You took off the first blank paper and it read,

Upon reaching the last paper, you muttered, "I love you." It was soft, but I could hear it clearly. I ran out of the house, who cares if it is freezing outside, who cares if I didn't wear a jacket. My love is finally requited and I am too happy to bother about any other things. I enveloped you in a hug and whispered, "Finally." 

 

You pulled back from the hug and said, "Ya, what finally! You mean you lo..."

 

Before you could finish what you wanted to say, I sealed your lips with a kiss and pulled back, face-to-face with you pouting. 

 

"It doesn't matter anymore right, what matters now is that we are finally together isn't it? Now let's get back to the house if not we will freeze our asses off even before we could finally have a proper date." I smiled and lifted you up in a bridal style and walked into the house.

 

"Jinki-ah, it's time for some desserts! You should come down soon!" 

 

"Yeah! Coming! One last sentence and I will be done!"

 

Thankful for the 1000 days of happiness and bliss!

 

I closed the book and placed it back into the drawer before heading down. The sight of Kibum slicing fruits greeted me; I tiptoed to the kitchen and gave him a back hug. He jumped a little and yelped before turning around and glaring at me. I pinched his cheeks and s my arms around his waist, bringing him closer to my body and leaned down to brush his nose with my nose. 

 

"Jinki ah, I wish we could stay in this position forever, but could you at least let me finish what I was doing?" 

 

"Ah, sorry." I scratched the back of my neck and turned him around.

 

I then prepared two cups of tea for the both of us and brought it out to the living room. Kibum then brought the fruits out and sat next to me. He picked up a strawberry and fed me while I picked up a slice of apple to feed him. 

 

"Is it good?" Kibum asked after he was done munching on his slice of apple.

 

"Yeah of course! Whatever you feed me is good!" I smiled and looked at him while he did the same. As we got closer and closer, I closed my eyes, waiting for the kiss to happen. 

 

"Omo, look at the snow!" Kibum excitedly said.

 

That was when I realized that he was no longer in front of me but he was by the balcony door. I awkwardly smiled and walked towards him and engulfed him in a backhug. I rested my chin on his shoulder and we watched the snow fall all over the balcony, painting it white. 

 

"Bummie?"

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Thank you for opening your heart to me. Thank you for allowing me to love you. Thank you for giving me the chance even though you were afraid that you were going to be hurt again."

 

"Jinki..."

 

"Shh..." I brought a finger up to his lips and turned him around. 

 

"Happy 1000th day, Bummie. I love you more than you ever know." I lifted his chin up and leaned in.