Baby Don't Cry

The Demon's Sister

         One of the figures darted forward, grabbing her wrist with the scar. Sora fell to the ground with pain and felt her vision blurring with tears. 


       Tao left the studio with sweat on his brow. 'Those idiots made me late for training', he thought to himself. It was pretty dark and he still had to walk home. 

      He sighed and started listening to his iPod. Tao was humming along until he heard a loud commotion.

     Curiously taking off one of his earbuds he heard someone screaming for help. From the pitch he assumed it was a female. 

     Tao narrowed his eyes and made his way to the alley where the noise was coming from. It was pretty dark besides the broken down street lamp but he could still make out 4-5 figures. He caught a glimpse of a girl fighting, quite impressively too.

      Trying to get a better look, Tao saw the girl fall onto the ground and that was all it took. Images suddenly flashed before Tao's eyes.

      A little girl was crying. Blood dripping on the cement. Guilt. Shame. Guilt.

     'No, no, no!' He tried to snap himself out of it but he couldn't. He was losing his conscious mind. Before he even knew it Tao was charging towards the shadowed figures. He didn't know what he was doing, he just knew he couldn't let the past repeat itself. 


       Tao fell to his knees, taking in large and ragged breaths. He was exhausted, sweat running down his face. His hands were still trembling from the memories that resurfaced.

       Around him were four shadowed figures all collapsed on the dirt-ridden ground. 

      Tao groaned and practically crawled to the girl who had screamed for help. It was a strange sight. Long, wavy brown hair covered her face, she looked almost doll-like sitting in the alley.

     He pushed the hair out of her face, "Hey are you alright?" 

    The girl's eyes were closed, crying softly, tears were slowly running down her face. Tao's felt his heart almost stop in shock after recognizing the girl.

    "Sora?", Tao called softly. Sora could only hum in reply. "Do you want me to take you home?" He moved to sit beside her, wrapping an arm around her in his attempt at comfort.

    "N-no. Just s-stay with me... until I calm down", Sora managed to croak out. She took deep breaths, burying her face in Tao's shoulder. The two of them were silent, staying like that for what felt like hours.

   Sora thought of her brother, who would always come to her rescue. This time, another person beat him to it. It was strange, she was a lonely child, one that most would never think to rescue or need help. 'But Tao...', she thought to herself, 'why would he help me?'  

   Sora pulled on Tao's shirt, signaling she wanted to go home. Tao pushed himself off the ground, lending a hand for Sora. "I'm sure you don't want me to carry you home", he teased, trying to lighten the mood.

   She attempted a weak smile and accepted his help. "Thanks... for everything. You're still an idiot though."

  "Just returning the favour. Where'd you learn to fight like that?"

  "From my brother, Kris. He's the one who raised me. Our dad is always working to support our education."

  Tao's expression faltered after hearing the mention of Kris but he quickly regained composure. "Yeah... what about your mom?", he asked as Sora seemed more eager to open up. "Oh. She, uh died giving birth to me..."

   "Oh. That . . Sorry... I mean...", Tao gave up on trying to recover. He felt like a jerk for asking now.

    To his surprise, Sora giggled. "It does but I never even knew her so it's fine for me to talk about it. Now I think it's fair you tell me about your family."

    "My family? Well, I'm pretty lucky, I guess. My grandparents raised me in the countryside, that's where I first learned martial arts. At the time, my parents were working in the city and I came to live with them after they made a small fortune", Tao explained with a small smile.

   "Ah, you know martial arts? Kris used to-", Sora stopped after remembering the negative reaction Tao gave, whenever she mentioned her brother. "Anyways, weren't you lonely while your parents were gone?" 

    "Lonely... I suppose we all face loneliness and abandonment in our lives", Tao replied vaguely. To Sora it felt like Tao wasn't referring to his parents. The conversation fizzled out after that and the two continued in silence. 

 


     Meanwhile, Kris had just finished a game of basketball with his team. 'Extracurricular training', he liked to call it.

    "Nice throw Chanyeol but you have to flick your wrist more. No! Take a look at Minho. Yixing just go home already. Don't infect the rest of us with your cold!"

   Kris whistled to get everyone's attention. "Good game guys! You can all go home now, meaning leave me alone!" A couple guys laughed, while everyone went their separate ways. Sehun came up to Kris and clapped him on the back. "Kris your fanclub came to greet you again."

  Kris turned his gaze to where Sehun was gesturing at. A cluster of girls were at the sidelines of the court, giggling when Kris looked over. He waved at the only face he recognized, Krystal. The other girls sighed in envy.

   Krystal sauntered over to him, "I'm sleeping over at Luna's tonight. Since she's in your neighbourhood can I walk home with you?", she asked while batting her lashes. "If you insist", Kris replied nonchalantly.

   Their walk home ended up being yet another 'try to seduce Kris' session. "How did you get such nice eyes Kris?" "Genetics." "Oh. Umm mine are so dark unlike yours. See?" "Yeah." She pouted, "You aren't very talkative." "Sorry."

   Why did his relationships all turn out bad? He didn't have a problem getting girls, it was not getting annoyed with them after the honeymoon stage was over.

  Kris didn't have a problem with Krystal, she was pretty and... was pretty. Though it was nothing compared to Jessica... 'What? The did I just think? My little sister's friend. No, no. Not Jessica I meant-'

   "What about Jessica?", Krystal asked. "Huh? I didn't say anything." "You said her name." "...I wanted to know how you were getting along", he didn't realize he might have said something out loud.

   "Oh ok! I'm confused about it myself but Jessica's either trying to get back or get revenge on her ex, Donghae." "Y-yeah."

   When Krystal got to Luna's house, she leaned over and puckered her lips. 'Wonder what she wants', he thought sarcastically. Kris kissed her roughly and left, not before hearing the door open and two screeching girls.

  He rolled his eyes and arrived home, grabbing some leftovers to eat. After cleaning up, the doorbell rang.

  Kris opened the door before promptly slamming it shut again. He ran his hand through his touseled hair and reluctantly opened the door again.

  "10 seconds. Why the are you here with my sister?"

 

A/N: Started to make my chapters longer! So leave a comment you and tell me what you think (or what you want) to happen!