Growl

The Demon's Sister

Rrriiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnggg

A loud bell marked the start of lunch. Sora could hear the sighs of relief coming out of her classmates. Following the herd, she made it to the cafeteria and instinctively plopped down at the table near the back corner.

A lovely now-blonde girl immediately sat beside her. 

"Jessica, you dyed your hair again?", Sora asked the girl who was one of the few friends she had.

Jessica giggled and swept back her blonde curls, "You say that now but wait until Donghae sees me. That bastard will be begging to get me back", she said with a murderous expression which greatly contrasted her doll-like face.

Maybe that was why the two girls became friends. Over the years they both got reputations as ice princesses for their cold exteriors.

At the thought of this Sora could feel herself dazing off and remembering their first meeting...


Sora was playing alone in the sandbox while the other kids were playing tag, or some other silly game which didn't include her. Out of no where a girl popped up beside her and started building a sand castle.

"You're using the wrong shovel for that!", Sora snapped at the girl.

The unwelcome girl glared at Sora, "Idiot, the green is for digging!" 

At that very moment a boy walked over towards the two girls

"Uh- S-sora?", the boy stammered, "I uh really lik-" The glare Sora gave the boy was enough to stop him in his tracks.

Before she could yell at him the girl beside her did. "Go away Yesung! No one wants you or your bugs around here!" 

Sora glanced at the girl, feeling flustered and tried to hide her growing smile. "Thanks..."

"Jessica, you can call me Sica."

"You're not scared of me?"

"Why would I be?"


"Sora! Earth to Sora!", Jessica snapped her fingers in front of her face.

"Oh sorry... what is it?", she replied apologetically 

Jessica smirked at the girl, "Bet you $20 that guy coming over is going to confess to you."

She shook her head, "Fine, then I bet that guy is here for you."

As the guy was nearing them, Sora slyly noted he was tan, had tousled hair and a pretty good body she would admit. But it was the expression of pure lust on the guy's face that made Sora grimace in disgust.

'Ugh another ert, men are so disgusting', she thought to herself, preparing to slap him if necessary. The boy slid beside Sora and leaned to whisper in her ear, casually putting his arm around her.

"Hey cutie I'm Jongin. I noticed you checking me out earlier baby. Just say the word and-"

CRASH!

Everyone in the room turned their heads to see the commotion. Jessica's mouth fell in surprise while Sora calmly glanced down. Jongin was sprawled on the floor, the chair he was sitting on pulled back by none other than Kris.

Kris towered over Jongin and pulled him up by his collar, "What the hell do you think you're doing?", he asked in a booming voice that was eerily calm at the same time.

After risking looking upwards and witnessing the terrifying glare on Kris' face, Jongin was dropped to the floor again.

"I-I was just asking a math question", he stammered on the spot.

Kris cracked his knuckles, further intimidating the boy on the ground and those around him. He raised his fist preparing to punch Jongin. 

That was enough for Sora and she quickly stood up, lightly gripping her brother's shoulder. He got into enough trouble on her account already. Getting the hint Kris pulled Jongin by the back of his shirt away, but not before ruffling Sora's hair affectionately.

As he returned to his table Kris glanced around the cafeteria, everyone cleverly averting their eyes at that moment. 

"Poor guy." "It's his own fault, that's the demon's sister." "God that girl is such a ."

These were some of the things Sora heard and promptly blocked out, comments like these were becoming a part of her everyday life.

She sighed dejectedly, "Sica I'm just going to head to class."

Jessica laughed attempting to lighten the mood, "Whatever, remember it's $20!"

Sora rolled her eyes and headed out the door, ignoring the burning stares on her back. As she turned the corner she ran into someone and landed on her .

"Ahh sorry about that", a husky voice said.