Let Out the (Wushu) Beast

The Demon's Sister

The week passed and to the enjoyment of everyone, it was Friday. Strangely enough, Sora didn't see Tao for the rest of the week, not even in French, which they had every other day.

'Maybe he finally got the hint. Or maybe my brother got to him... no use dwelling over it', Sora thought to herself.

She couldn't help but feel somewhat disappointed at the loss of a potential friend. Granted, he was horribly annoying but he was willing to be around her, which was rare as it was with Kris around.

A slap on the back woke her out of her reverie. "Ready to go shopping?", Sica asked.

"Do you even have to ask, it's been the highlight of my week!"


It was finally Friday! It that he had to miss some classes for the martial art tournament but Tao would never complain at the chance to miss math. Tao was all too happily packing up his stuff from his locker when he felt someone tap his back.

"Are you Tao?" 

Tao turned to face the voice, "Is there any other?" 

The guy chuckled, "Yup you're definitely him. I'm Chen, nice to meet you."

"Likewise... not to be rude but what was it you wanted?"

"Oh sorry!", the boy smiled, "Could you meet some of my friends, it'd only take 5 minutes."

"Umm sure?"

"Great!", Chen dragged him down into the cafeteria where two other guys were sitting at a table. 

Tao cautiously sat down, following Chen's lead. "Tao this is Jongin and Kyungsoo."

"Chen I told you, its Kai now."

Kyungsoo snickered, "Is this because Sora rejected you?"

"Shut up! I would have totally had a chance if it wasn't for her brother."

Chen sat in between the two males and slapped the back of both their heads. "Sorry about that Tao."

"You said this would take 5 minutes", Tao could feel his patience wearing down.

"Chen are you sure this guy isn't going to kill us first?", Kyungsoo whispered. Tao was unintentionally projecting his own 'demon aura', years of Wushu do that to a guy.

"Alright Tao here's the plan. Make Sora fall in love with you", Kai said bluntly.

"..."

"I-I mean, uh, Chen y-you explain", Kai stuttered after seeing the murderous look in Tao's eyes.

Chen sighed, "We have all been victims of Kris. We want to make our school safer for everyone else and the only way to do that is give him a taste of his own medicine. Kris really seems to hate you for some reason and what would be worse.. or better than your enemy dating your precious little sister?"

Chen ended his plan, with Kyungsoo sarcastically clapping. Tao, however was still unamused.

"That's... sweet? But I don't want anything to do with Duizh- I mean Kris", luckily it seemed no one caught his little slip up. He knew why Kris hated him, truth be told he felt he deserved it. 

"Sorry I couldn't help you, maybe that guy on the basketball team, Chanyeol could?"

Tao was getting ready to leave before Kai pulled him down again, "Sora hates men, you don't even have to date her. Friends is enough, Kris will think otherwise anyways. Just think about it please?"

"Sure whatever. I've really got to go now", Tao replied and left.

"...was that a yes?"


"It's official, we've shopped 'till we dropped", Jessica declared as the two girls collapsed on the park bench, near the bus stop.

"Correction, you did", Sora added, comparing her two bags to Sica's five.

"So how's it going with Donghae?"

"It's going horrible Sora! That guy notices Eunhyuk's clothes more than mine! Ugh.. by the way the hell is going on with my sister and your brother?", Sica asked.

"Aren't they dating?"

"Pssh, yeah like I'd let Krystal date him. Oh sorry."

Sora laughed, "I get it but Kris has his tricks, you know."

"Yeah, yeah enough about him. Thanks for waiting for the bus with me and all but are you sure you want to walk home?"

"Yeah, it's only like twenty minutes if I go through the market, besides you live in the opposite direction from me."

"Alright then, I'll text you later!" Sica waved goodbye, or attempted to wave goodbye with the bags she was carrying and hopped onto the bus. 

Sora shivered, wishing she had brought a jacket and started heading home. It was almost 8:00 and she still had a ton of homework to do. She took her usual shortcuts, cutting through small alleys but felt something was off.

She started to walk slower, paying closer attention to her surroundings. 'I think someone's following me', to make sure Sora started walking in strange loops. 'Yup someone is definitely following me.'

She reached into her bag and pulled out her phone. 'Crap! No battery left!'

Suddenly someone's arm wrapped around her chest, her bags dropped to the floor and she felt her back against someone. "Just stay quiet sweetheart and no one will get hurt."

"Like hell I will!" Sora elbowed the guy's gut and stomped her foot on his as hard as she could manage. Breaking free of the hold, she smirked satisfied at the guy crumpled on the ground. 

It was moments like this she was grateful for the self-defense Kris taught her.

Sora turned back to walk home but her path was blocked again.

"Uh-uh we're not done yet", another shadowed figure said, blocking her path. Panicking, she turned the opposite way to see more people blocking the other end.

Sora could hear the sound of her rapid heartbeat and felt like blood was rushing to her head. "Help! Help me!", she screamed with ragged breath.

There was no way she could fight off everyone as much as she tried. One of the figures darted forward, grabbing her wrist with the scar. Sora fell to the ground with pain and felt her vision blurring with tears. 

      

  A/N: Was it ok? Leave a comment and give me some feedback! Lookin' at you you ;3