The Closeness

How Come You Don't Know
 
"What?" he asked in astonishment. "Didn't you hear it? How unfortunate." Hyun Joo said on the other line. "No, I heard it, Sir. I just want to confirm that my target has been changed." he said. "You heard it right. Joo Ji Hoon is out of the target now, it is now Song Ji Hyo." the commander-in-chief said. "But why was it changed?" he asked for the first time. This question made him and Hyun Joo surprised. There was never a time that he asked for an explanation before he had asked about Ji Hyo's. 
 
"Commander Kim Jong Kook..." Hyun Joo called his attention. "It's my first time hearing you ask a question over a certain mission." he told him, and it made his face grew a bit darker. "My target has been changed to a woman. I have never eliminated a woman from the start." he mentioned with all honesty. Hyun Joo gave a little laugh on the other line. "There's always a first time, Commander Kim Jong Kook. And this is your time to shine. It's a very special mission for us, and for you." he answered.
 
The radio signal became grounded. Hyun Joo has cut off the line. He turned around to see the woman's face on the big screen again. 'I don't have a choice, Song Ji Hyo-ssi.' he thought to himself as he continued to jog. After his exercise, he went back home. He saw Ji Hyo's mobile phone, and decided to turn it on. He saw the couple's lock screen wallpaper once again. 'Too much love will kill you.' he whispered. He turned it off again, and decided to take a chance to be near to his target tomorrow.
 
In the middle of the night, he heard a knock on the door. He got up from bed to check who's knocking, and he was surprised to see the woman in front of him. "How did you know this place?" he asked. "Where's my phone?" the woman asked him. "Huh?" he asked. "Don't use that favorite question of yours to me. Give me back my phone." she said hurriedly. "Wait a moment." he said. He gave her phone to her which she hurriedly snatched from his grasp. "Thank you." she said as she was about to get out.
 
"Hey, wait." Jong Kook shouted at her. She stopped her way outside the room, and looked at the man. "Who are you calling hey? I have a name, okay?" she said in an exasperated way. "Song Ji Hyo -- " he called her name, but stop midway. "Call my name again." she commanded. "Why will I call you again?" he asked. She snapped and said, "Never mind." She bowed at him to take a course outside, but he called her by her name again, "Song Ji Hyo-ssi, please stay for a while." he requested. 
 
She didn't know why his calm voice made her stay. If Ji Hoon finds out that she's here, she'll be dead. A jealous Ji Hoon is scary, and she doesn't want her boyfriend to be mad at her for no reasons. "How did you know this place?" he asked her. "Why did you come to this place alone? Don't you know how dangerous it is for you to come here alone? Aren't you thinking properly?" he asked continuously. She was touched by his numerous questions. "You're like Ji Hoon-Oppa." she said.
 
He felt like he was splashed with cold water when he heard Ji Hyo's comment. She said he reminded her of Joo Ji Hoon - the actor, who was the reason on why he has to eliminate the innocent woman in front of him now. "Way back before." she added which made the both of them paused. "He's different now, and we're different now." she said in a sad tone. "But he just announced to the whole world that you're the most important person in his life, didn't he?" he asked her. 
 
She looked at him and said, "How did you find my phone? I came here because of this. Luckily, it has a mobile tracker. When it was opened earlier, your location has been found out. When I came here, I realized it's in good hands." she said with a smile. "Why do you trust people well?" he asked. "I used to. But now the only person that I trust is you. Ji Hoon Oppa, Jung Ryeo Won Unnie - I just can't bring back the trust that I have lost when I saw them kissing." she told the man in front of her. 
 
"I'm sorry, but it is confusing. I thought you and Ji Hoon are okay?" he asked. "As much as I love Ji Hoon, I love his craft, too. And I don't want to ruin it. I don't want to be the reason why his life would be ruined. Ji Hoon Oppa needs someone to be there for him. He's an orphan like me, and I'm the only person whom he considers that would make him complete. He might be so mighty professionally, but he has insecurities personally. I don't want to add more on his insecurities." she said. 
 
"Do you love him?" he asked her again. She smiled. "From the very beginning, all we do is ask and answer each other's questions." she replied. She added, "I love him as much as I love my family. He's like a father, a mother, a brother, and a sister to me. When I lost my family, he stood up for me. When I was feeling sad, he was the one who made me happy." she answered, but unknown to her, the man has been thinking in deep thoughts. She opened her mobile phone, and it rings. 
 
"Where are you?" her man asked her. "Somewhere near." she lied. "Shall I pick you up?" Ji Hoon asked. "No, I can go home by myself." she answered. "Alright. Don't go home late. Call me when you're home." the actor told her as he put down the phone. She sighed after the call. Another man sighed as well. The man, who was standing outside the familiar place, looked at his phone. 'Song Ji Hyo, just who that person to you is? Why do you keep on seeing him when I have already told the world how sincere my love for you is? Are you perhaps... falling for that man?' Ji Hoon uttered as raindrops started to fall on his head.