The Confusion

How Come You Don't Know

Song Ji Hyo was contemplating whether she'll call the upcoming show's producer. She has agreed to appear on the show with Kim Jong Kook as her bodyguard, but she doesn't know why she's not at ease. Earlier, when she saw the men, she felt like something was wrong. Her intuitions were never really wrong. Many of her friends call her the lady of luck. But she smiled bitterly when she remembered the things that had happened to her since the day she got close to her so-called bestfriend Jung Ryeo Won.

She looked at her phone, still thinking of what to do. But to her surprise, her phone started ringing. She sighed when she saw the caller's name - Ryeo Won. The latter doesn't really call her, so Ryeo Won giving her a call is unusual. She answered the call, and when she heard the voice on the other side of the phone, she uttered, "Please don't tell me something is wrong again." She closed her eyes when she heard what Ryeo Won had to say. "Why does everything become so wrong whenever you're around?" she asked, angrily.

"When will you return?" she then asked trying to stay calm. "Will he be okay with that?" she asked again. "Just make sure that Ji Hoon-oppa will really be okay. Otherwise, I'll be hating you forever." she warned. The silence makes her feel sorry. Sorry for what's happening to her, Ji Hoon, and Ryeo Won. They were never really awkward with one another, but due to the things that happened in the past, she can't easily control her anger and bitterness. She closed her eyes to calm herself, but she opened them right away when he heard someone.

"Is there something wrong?" asked Jong Kook. She smiled at his presence, but her smile disappeared from her face right away. "You." she answered. He was surprised learning Ji Hyo's answer, and when he was about to ask why, the woman suddenly said, "You're confusing me." He stared into her eyes, and felt sorry. He knows that Ji Hyo's right. And he's in the wrong. No, he's wrong - just like what Ji Hyo has said. "My mind - ", said Ji Hyo while still staring at him before she added, " - and my heart."

"Ji Hyo - - " he stopped thinking whether he'll call her with "-ssi" or "-ya" at the end. Ji Hyo must have known since her smile is visible again. "I guess you're also confused." she commented. She breathed in heavily before she asked the man, "Are you willing to do the show for me?" Jong Kook looked into her eyes and asked, "If I tell you I can't, will you still join the show?" Ji Hyo returned the stare as she replied, "Why can't you?" Neither of them talked after the question, yet their eyes are having conversations which the two of them can't figure out.

Kwang Soo, Ha Ha, and Suk Jin looked at one another after witnessing the situation. The three of them know that Jong Kook knows that they are just around, so that's why they were more surprised. "Hyung, he's making it hard for us, too." Kwang Soo said. Ha Ha looked at Kwang Soo with a disbelief look. "Why?" the tall man asked. "You, saying that thing, is also selling you away from the North." reminded Ha Ha. "It sounds like you are conflicted like how Jong Kook hyung is. You know that's not right, right?" added Ha Ha.

Suk Jin remained quiet as he focused his eyes on Jong Kook and Ji Hyo. "What does that girl have to melt our commander's steel heart?" curious Ha Ha asked. "I guess she has what others don't." Kwang Soo answered. "Yah!" yelled Ha Ha. "Are you taking Jong Kook's side if ever?" asked Ha Ha. Kwang Soo looked at him and said, "I'm just stating an opinion. Stating an opinion doesn't mean I have changed my decision." Upon hearing what Kwang Soo answered, Ha Ha looked at the two individuals again.

A day has passed, and so it's time for Ji Hyo to check how Ji Hoon is doing. Yesterday, Ryeo Won told her that Ji Hoon was accidentally shot, but it's not that serious. She's at the hospital right now since Ji Hoon has to be admitted so he can get much better. She's outside the VIP room, holding the doorknob already. She looked up as she readies herself to see whom she has to see, and whom she should only see. She opened the door gently, and Ji Hoon's sleeping face welcomed her.

She gently closed the door without looking since her eyes are set on her fiance. She remained glued to the floor, but was surprised to see Ji Hoon looking at her as he opened his eyes. Ji Hoon smiled at her and said, "You came." She didn't give him a respond, so he asked, "Don't you know how scared I was when I was shot?" Ji Hoon smiled as he added, "I thought I'd lose my arm, and I won't be able to hold you again anymore." His words are enough for her to feel so guilty, so her eyes started to get wet.

She walked closer to where Ji Hoon is, and when she's already close to his bed, Ji Hoon told her to stop. She looked at him with questions in her eyes, so her fiance answered, "I don't want to see you looking at me with those sad and guilty eyes up close." "Oppa -- " she called. "I'm sor -- " she stopped when he asked her to as she mentioned, "Don't say words you don't mean." Meanwhile, Jong Kook was asked by Ha Ha and Kwang Soo to talk for a moment. The two men decided to talk to him before the case gets worse.

"Don't you really mean them, Song Ji Hyo-ssi?" an unfamiliar voice was suddenly heard. The estranged couple looked at the owner of the voice, but neither of them knows who the said person is. "Do I know you?" Ji Hyo asked in a polite manner. "I guess you don't since you are asking me that." answered the man. "Is she your woman, Joo Ji Hoon-ssi?" the man then asked the famous actor. The two men exchanged glares. "And so what if she is my woman?" Ji Hoon, who gets upset easily, asked. Ji Hoon and Ji Hyo's eyes grew bigger when they saw the man putting out something from his back pocket. It's a small gun - a dangerous small gun.

"You know, no one will know if she dies when I pull the trigger of this gun since this one has a silencer." the man said as he pointed the gun at the woman. Ji Hoon, who's shocked and really angry now, asked, "Who the hell are you?" The man gives him a smile and answered, "I'm just from the North, a place where you disregarded so lowly in an interview, Joo Ji Hoon-ssi. So, in return, I must kill your woman." The man was about to shoot, but was interrupted when Kim Jong Kook opened the door with all his might as he announced, "She's my woman - not his."