The Ice

How Come You Don't Know
 
Kim Jong Kook excused himself to check who rang the doorbell. When he checked it on the monitor, he saw no one. His face scrunched with the invisibility of the person who rang the bell. He turned around to say it to Ji Hyo. "I think the person mistook this room for another room." he said. "Is that so?" Ji Hyo asked, and nodded her head as an acknowledgement of the message. Their eyes met once, but this time there's no more fire in her eyes. Jong Kook sighed as he realized it. 
 
"I-I'm sorry about earlier." he told the woman. Ji Hyo smiled at him a little. "What for?" she asked. "If it's about the kiss, you're not to blame." she added. "I'm sorry." he uttered. Ji Hyo looked at him and asked, "For what?" Jong Kook set his eyes on her again and responded to her question, "For committing a sin which I don't want to repent." Ji Hyo was startled to hear what he confessed. Before she could speak a word, Jong Kook said another thing. "I'm sorry for the future." 
 
Ji Hyo looked at him blankly. Her eyes are asking him why he had said those words. He couldn't tell by his mouth that he's sorry for the future for he has to do his mission whether it's against his will. He just can't let his country and countrymen die. He's the top commander, and as of now he's feeling disgusted to himself for he had forgotten how tough he is when he met her. He didn't know that love can strike you like a thunder, and kills you deep within. 
 
"A-are you playing with me?" the woman asked him. He was surprised to hear her talk with such seriousness on her face and words. "Are you saying sorry for the future because you won't catch me falling for you? Are you making me fall in love with you and dump me in the end? Are you saying those thoughts on your mind right now?" she asked him continuously. He looked at the curious of the woman, and he was more than delightedly surprised with her confession, "Did you just make me fall out of love on Ji Hoon just for me to regret it soon?"
 
Ji Hyo was more surprised with what she said. 'Ya! Song Ji Hyo! Are you out of your mind again? Why did you have to confess all of a sudden? What kind of woman are you?' she asked herself regretting what she just said. She composed herself to keep her pride and said, "Forget it." She got up as she readied herself to leave, but she stopped when Jong Kook said, "You're a woman that I would like to have in my life as a man." The way he answered the question on her mind made her so overwhelmed. She looked at Jong Kook and asked, "Are you kidding me?"
 
"Do I look like I'm kidding?" he asked. Ji Hyo blushed when she realized how serious he was when he spoke those words. "How would I know? I don't even know you." Ji Hyo said softly. "I don't even know why our paths crossed, and I don't even know why my heart jumps a beat when we're so close." she added. He smiled sweetly when he confirmed the woman's feelings. He went closer ahead to where she is standing, and put her head on his chest. "Babo-ya..." he said soft as he tapped her back with full of affection. 
 
They are now seated beside each other on the sofa. The woman's head is on his shoulder. They are silent. No one wants to talk first. He realized that a man should speak for themselves first. "A-are we a couple?" he asked nervously. He had confirmed the woman's feelings, but he needs to confirm their relationship. "I am Joo Ji Hoon's woman." she told him. Her answer hurt him a lot. 'Joo Hi Hoon's woman? Oh yeah! You are Joo Ji Hoon's woman that is why I have to eliminate you.' 
 
He stood up when he thought of that again. It made Ji Hyo's head banged on air. Ji Hyo smiled at him for she knows the reason why Jong Kook felt uncomfortable. She's a taken woman, and what they are doing now is very unforgivable. "Can't you be my woman instead?" he asked. "How?" she asked. "I'm already committed to Joo Ji Hoon." she added. "Let go of that commitment." Jong Kook said. "It's not easy." she answered. "Just tell him that you want to part." he said. "But it's really hard to break someone's heart." she answered with lots of emotions in it. 
 
Kim Jong Kook was astonished with her answer. He looked at the ground as he said, "I'm sorry, I was so selfish." "I will just go out for a while." he said as he turned around to step out of the room, but she was quick to give him a hug. A backhug which seems to be apparent in their confusing relationship. "But I'll bear it, so I could be with you. I want to be a woman who has you as her man. Kim Jong Kook, I want you to be my man. So, please wait for me. Wait for me to be free." she told him. 
 
He touched the woman's hands on his stomach. "Even if you didn't request for that, I know I will." he said, and as he turned around, he added, "Even if it's against heaven's will." Ji Hyo smiled at him again, and he felt as if he is the happiest man living on Earth as of the moment. He knows nothing can tear the two of them apart for he has given a big portion for the woman in his heart. However, just as the freshness of the air came to them, the doorbell rang again. And this time, when he checked it, the image of a familiar man, appeared on the monitor. He was so shocked to see him, and that nervousness was obvious in his voice when he said the name - "Lee Kwang Soo."