3- Shattered Hopes

Three Misters

 


 


 

 

His eyes were glued at the sign in front of an old looking house.

 

 

 

 The windows were tinted with dust and some of it was broken, its wall has vandals; different dirt was an evident that it wasn’t cleaned for a long time already, and what scared him most was the thing written on the sign hanged in its tall black gate.

 

 

 

‘For Sale’

 

 

His breathing went heavy as he traced the whole place with his eyes, it’s abandoned.

 

 

 

No signs of her family, no signs of where to find her, and no signs of chance for his hopes to see her after a long time, to see the girl he left a year ago, to see Dara.

 

 

 

Kris’ whole world seemed to fall apart leaving him alone in the dark abyss of loneliness.

 

 

 

This is not what he imagined things would turn out to be, for he expected to see her standing there, waiting for him, like what it used to be.

 

 

 

Her hair flowing freely, making his heart flutter with the smile that she gives every time he sends her home after his practice.

 

 

 

“Bye bye Kris-ah!”She giggled; waving her hands enthusiastically at the level of her face.

 

 

 

Despite the tiring day for her since she was still studying, and supporting him at the same time, ALL THE TIME, she promised herself that she will never miss any of his training activities.

 

 

 

 He admired her so much for being an energetic girlfriend even though he knows that she’s already tired of studying, cheering, buying things that he needs, taking care of him, of everything.

 

 

 

He involuntarily raised his hand up; his fingers slightly apart, his hand started to slowly move in a sideway direction. He’s now waving his hand in the thin air, a small smile playing on his lips.

 

 

 

He snapped when the image of his innocent rabbit suddenly disappeared.

 

 

 

 

And the realization dawned to him.

 

 

 

 

She was no longer waiting for him.

 

 

 

A young blonde man looked at his phone for the nth time; Kris’ is still nowhere to be found.

 

 

 

‘Was he kidnapped? A-ani, ani.’ His inner subconscious looked at him stupidly, like he was saying something beyond impossible.

 

 

 

He sighed deeply; yeah he’s right, it’s impossible since Kris is a tough man, he's stonger than a wolf, he retorted to himself.

 

 

 

“Luhan.”

 

 

A voice full of authority sent his thoughts away. He nervously looked up and saw a man about his 40’s standing beside a young woman.

 

 

 

“Are you ready?”He spoke again, giving him chills on his spine.

 

 

 

He stood up from his seat and nodded carefully.”Yes, Dad.”

 

 

 

The word ‘Dad’ made the older man’s forehead crease. He stepped forward and looked at his son at the eye; his eyes were gray, scary, and blanked.

 

 

 

“How many times do I need to tell you not to call me Dad inside my office?”He coldly said, still staring at Luhan’s eyes.

 

 

 

He swallowed back and looked down, trying his best to hide the fear he felt with his own Father’s actions.

 

 

 

“Luhan!”He roared making Luhan’s heart jump in surprise.

 

 

 

He doesn't want a weak son, he needs to be just like him to be a successful idol someday.

 

 

 

He looked back again and felt his evil aura. He’s waiting for his answer.

 

 

 

“Y-yes, Mr. President.”

 

 

 

“Move, the Parks were probably waiting for us now.”He said before turning his back at him.

 

 

 

The young lady beside him looked at Luhan worriedly but he just gave her a smile that indicates that he’s fine.She swallowed back the worry she felt for him, if only...

 

 

 

"I'm fine, really..."He then smiled at her weakly, she can't do what she used to do when he was not yet her son, her step son.

 

 

 

He needs to be fine.

 

 

 

The guys together with the only girl inside the dining area felt the disappointment when Chanyeol appeared alone, his face completely relieved.

 

 

 

“Where are they?”Sehun asked with a pout; Baekhyun who saw his lips pointed childishly first scowled and pretended to puke at his side.

 

 

“Well…”He started then scratched the back of his nape.

 

 

Ohh~~! The suspense is killing us!”They heard Baek complained and hastily squares his arms on his chest. Chanyeol rolled his eyes at him in return.

 

 

 

“Their manager hyung came and apologized. The Chinese members seems to have their own plans for today “

 

 

 

Then he shots Dara a comforting smile, at least, next time she can be prepared to finally meet them.

 

 

 

After their dinner, Dara offered her help to wash the dishes which they rejected at first, but she’s too eager that in the end, they just let her do it, well—with the help of the giant.

 

 

 

“How’s practice going on?”

 

 

 

She suddenly asked  with s soft voice to break the silence while rinsing the plates with the cold water that flows from the open faucet. 

 

 

 

Chanyeol looked at her weirdly.

 

 

Eh? It’s her first time to ask him about this topic. He thought that she doesn’t like the thought of him being an idol someday because he might dump her or something after being popular so he decided not to talk about it too.

 

 

 

“Uhmm…It’s fine.I guess?”He answered while blinking as he continued his work.

 

 

 

“Are there any plans for your debut already?”He stopped rubbing the glassed with a sponge when he sensed the bitterness on her voice.

 

 

 

He looked at her and saw her troubled expression. Dara over think things sometimes, he’s sure of it. Chanyeol sighed and rinsed his hand with water.

 

 

 

After removing the bubbles on his hand, he faced her again then cupped her cheeks. Her heart thumped in an instance.

 

 

 

“Don’t worry, nothing will change after I debut, I promise.”She can feel his cold skin on her cheeks, her heart beats painfully.

 

 

 

 

Promise.

 

 

 

“I won’t leave you, okay? I promise.” He assured her and kisses the top of her head.

 

 

 

The word reminds him of one person---Kris.

 

 

 

 Dara blinked back the tears that almost escaped from her eyes.

 

 

 

Chanyeol is different from him, right?

 

 

 

His eyes twinkled as he saw her lips curled into a smile.

 

 

 

“Okay, I believe you.”

 

 

 


 

 

 

Hiiii~! My laptop is finally fixed! HOHOHO~! But too bad (TTUTT) I cant retrieve my old files, heol.And *Waves hands* You see that awesome poster? It's from  thehalftrue! Thank youuuuu~! *huuuugs*