o4

The Ice Princess & Her 12 Suitors

After the boys had left your room, you immediately took out your phone so that you could tell Yerin that they're here and what happened.

 

"Yerin-ah, they've arrived"  you texted her

 

A few minutes later, she had replied "Omo! Really? Aw- are any of them cute?^^^" you roll your eyes at what she had said, but you're leaving her with an honest answer

 

"Maybe" you replied back with a smile on your face, knowing that you at least had got her curious

 

"Aigo, so someone is finally catching up on your taste, huh?"  she placed a pair of winky faces at the end

 

"Not exactly, Rin. You know what i'm like"  you said back. Of course she knew what you were like, your best friend in the entire world, no one knew you as much as she did.

 

"I know, MiNa. But hey, I might come over some time? Maybe you could introduce me to them?~~ \(^.^)/"  you roll your eyes at Yerin's unneccesary usage of emoticons and punctuation. But strictly thinking about it, what would it be like if you had introduced Yerin to them? Heck, would it even be possible to invite her around anymore with 12 new bee's in here? You bet with only two girls in the palace, they would at least have their eyes on either you or Yerin.

 

"Oh god (-.-)"  you replied back.

 

"Arrasso. Anyway, talk to me soon; might lend you a surprise visit anyway ;D jks. Saranghaeeee <3"

 

"<3 <3 <3"

 

You raised your eyebrows. "Hmp, text talk" you mumbled to yourself.

 

"Yah, yah, stop!" you heard an endless series of smirks and laughter coming specifically from two doors down the hall. You crossed your arms and pursed your lips, this is what you had to deal with from this very day till God knows when, you sighed. 'They must be having fun' you thought.

 

***

 

The sun fell and it was now within the evening time. Strangely and surprisingly, the loud voices coming from the other room had died down. You, on the other hand, had stayed in your room for the majority of the afternoon, surfing the internet, reading books. You haven't seen the boys since they have left and they hadn't really come back to bother you either, which was the opposite of what you were expecting them to do. Maybe they thought it was best not to bother you? Or maybe because it was they themselves aren't really bothered with the whole 'suitor' thing, either?

 

All of a sudden, you felt grumpy at the thought of it. 'If they can't be bothered, then why are they here in the first place?' you thought to yourself. Perhaps your father didn't really choose the so-called 'suitors' wisely enough.

 

"J-jogiyo, princess?"

 

You were lying down on your bed, stomach-flat whilst facing the lap top when all of a sudden you saw Jonghyun peering through the corner of your bedroom door. It was funny because you could only see from the top of his head down to the bottom of his eyes as he looked shy, so you giggled.

 

"Hi, Jonghyun," you greeted "what's up?"

 

"Your-um, dad called me to tell you to go downstairs for dinner and to invite the EXO sunbaenim's as well." he said

 

"Oh, is that so? Well, tell him i'll be down in a minute" you said whilst closing your laptop.

 

Jonghyun looked at you then quickly looked down as you made eye contact. He seemed to be nervous, but then again, he seems like he always is. The only thing he ever talks to you about are things related to, well, things like this, basically. It's always a princess-servant type of relationship, but you would accept him as a friend. "So, um," he stuttered "How are the EXO sunbaenim's, princess? You've met them, right?"

 

"Yes, I have," you said "they seem alright, I guess. Not exactly a good first impression but yeah, I think we might need some more time to get to know each other."

 

"Ah, okay" was all that he could say back. You bowed slightly to him and told him that you'll be down soon as he left your room.

 

You stepped out of your bedroom and peeked from left to right. It was empty, and unusually silent, well, unusually silent now that the new guests are in. Wait, are they still in the room or have they gone downstairs? Being curious, you took the opportunity to somewhat visit them and to see how they're doing.

 

You walked a few metres and knocked on the first large white door that contained either EXO-M or EXO-K in it.

 

No response.

 

Being confused, you tilted your head to the side. You knocked and again and a few seconds later you still get nothing. Slowly and steadily, your hand grabbed hold of the door knob and you slowly pushed it open, little by little until your eyes could just make out what you were seeing.


"Annyeongha-" as soon as you peered your eyes in, you stopped

 

You swung the door wide open to see more, yet only to find all the members literally spread all over the place, and they all were literally sleeping as well, whilst you were stood there with your jaw left hanging. Being shocked, your eyes quickly scanned the room.

 

You noticed that a pair of them were cuddling in a bed together, wrapping their arms around each other tightly and they both looked and slept like babies, you examined at their faces and remembered them during the introduction. It was Sehun and Luhan. 'Gosh, they look alike' you thought to yourself. The rest of the members were spread around at random, but you did get the occasional 'spooning' between some members.

 

They had their luggage and personal belongings spread everywhere, too, and you even spotted a few empty packets of crisps and sweet wrappers in a few discrete corners here in there, you were left assuming that it was their attempt to try and hide the things. And there they were, just sleeping and making themselves completely at home. Ha. Was this really how unorganised and messy boys were? Especially these ones?

 

From your perspective, they acted like pigs. What's worse is that your father expects you to at least marry one of them. 'No.Way.' you thought. You were actually shocked that they would act like this and treat their own bedroom like this. To think about it more, your predictions about them were what you could call pretty much accurate.

 

You immediately made an unpleasant face at the sight of it all. You disliked messy people. There were even ones that come over and take your palace house for granted, and you despised them. Finally, cleared your throat and spoke. "Yah." your voice was loud, yet rough. However, the boys still kept their eyes closed. "Yah!" you repeated, still the same response. "Yah! Wake up, now!" you said with a shriek in your voice whilst stamping your foot to the ground.

 

After a few seconds, one of them perked their head up. This one was sleeping carelessly on the floor. His eyes were half open and he looked like he had just come from a hangover, they haven't been drinking though, have they?

 

"Ugh," he moaned "H-hyung...did you hear that?" he poked the person sleeping opposite him

 

"Mm.." his hyung mumbled back, his head still in stuck in dreamland.

 

"Meh, I guess-I guess i'll just go back to sleep..." he yawned. You lowered your head slightly and narrowed your eyes at him, and soon enough, you recognised who he was. 

 

"Bacon..!" you said rather loudly, instead of his real name

 

"Where?!" a majority of them jolted up right from your words, their heads turning around in confusion and curiosity in attempt to find the one who said 'Bacon', and more importantly to them, where is the bacon. You rolled your eyes at them.

 

"You guys are just so..." you trailed off

 

"Oh gosh," one of them said "It's the princess!"

 

All of them had immediately stood up and started bowing at your prescence. "Mianheyo! Mianheyo!" they repeatedly apologised. All of a sudden, Suho, the leader of EXO-K, had immediately submerged from the rest of them as soon as he saw you.

 

"Princess," he said rather nervously "I-I don't know what to say, I'm so sorry. Really, really sorry. We'll clean it up immediately, I-" his eyes spotted one member still lying on the bunk bed, eyes closed "Y-yah! Kyungsoo! Do Kyungsoo! Get up! Can't you see that the princess is here?"

 

His eyes immediately flicked open. "Eh?" he immediately stood up before making eye contact with you, he then greeted you whilst giving a full on 90 degrees bow. "A-annyeonghaseyo..."

 

Your flickering eyes looked at Suho, your stare gave him a nervous feeling that he almost didn't know what to say next. "We're sorry, again. Guys, help me clean this up-"

 

"Don't worry about it," you cut him off "I just came up here to tell you guys dinner's ready. There's no need to clean up, my maids will do it. You're the guests, right? Do whatever pleases you," you were about to turn away from them when you realized that you weren't finished with your words "I mean, I am just the princess whose supposed to pick a suitable one out of you guys, right?"

 

You turned your back to them and felt like smirking to yourself. Maybe that last line was a little irrelevant to the rest, but you knew that you were just using your words in an attempt to make them feel guilty and hopefully improve on themselves.

 

'Wait, why did I just say that?' you thought to yourself 'I'm trying to push the fact that they're supposed to be my 'fiances', eugh. Maybe they just might get the wrong message. Ugh, pabo'

 

"Of course, princess. But I insist we take care of it on our own, we will be down soon." Suho said

 

"Oh, where's Kai?" one of them asked

 

"I think he's in the other room, by himself"

 

"Ha, loner"

 

Kai? you thought. You didn't remember a Kai, nor did you remember his face. You began to wonder why he was the only one that didn't join his fellow peers.

 

"I'm gonna go and-"

 

"I'll get him," you interrupted "it's okay, I'll do it. You guys just go downstairs quickly, my father is waiting and he is a bit impatient."

 

"Are you sure?" Suho asked

 

"Yes, please"

 

They shrugged their shoulders and didn't argue with you. All except one of the EXO members went downstairs. You immediately went next door and knocked slowly.

 

"Come in" you heard a voice say

 

Being a bit shy, you entered the room carefully and slowly. Your eyes looked up from the floor and met the face of a fairly young boy who looked about your age, with surprisingly good facial features. He seemed to be in the middle of folding the mattress of the beds, but as soon as he made eye contact with you, he stopped to bow.

 

"Hello, princess" he greeted rather charmingly

 

"H-hello," you replied back, smiling "um, w-would you mind coming down for-"

 

"I heard," he cut you off "don't worry, I'll be down in a minute" he smiled.

 

"Okay" you said, agreeing with him and closed the door.

 

Kai seemed fairly good looking, no doubt. More over, he seemed much more cleaner and organized than the rest. You wondered what he had been doing there in his room alone, whilst the rest of them stayed in the other. Time to himself, maybe? Either way, you wouldn't know. But, compared to the others, Kai gave much more of a decent and pleasant first, or more specifically second, impression.