o15

The Ice Princess & Her 12 Suitors
After Xiumin had started to loose himself and start to get cocky and all hung up on you, the boys decided it was enough with the Soju for today. Surprisingly, hardly none of the members, except Xiumin, even seemed drunk or just a bit tipsy, even if they finished the whole bottle. Although, you have to admit, the stench of alcohol from them was starting to wear you out a bit and even make you feel dizzy.
 
 
 
 
"Alright, that's enough big boy" said Luhan, arm around Xiumin as you were about to go down
 
 
 
"Mwoh?" Gurgled Xiumin
 
 
 
You opened the doors of the terrace when all of a sudden you immediately bumped in to someone. "Agh-!" you said, rubbing your forehead. You looked up to see who it was. It was Chanyeol, looking unusually red for some reason, and embarrassed, too. You sighed, why does the same thing always happen with the tall guys?
 
 
 
"Oh, Chanyeol," you said "what are you.."
 
 
 
"Channieee!" Xiumin pushed you out of the way and began to hug Chanyeol "aigo, where have you been, huh?" he went on his tip toes and began to pat Chanyeol's head like a dog, scruffing up his hair. Luhan came and immediately pulled Xiumin out of the scene.
 
 
 
"He's a bit, you know, thing, from the Soju" said Kris
 
 
 
"You guys were drinking Soju?" Chanyeol asked, they all nodded their heads. He made a face slightly. You felt like smirking, since you had a feeling that he probably wanted to join in as well. He was going to go with what they had said, when all of a sudden his eyes widened. "Wait, the princess drinks?!" he exclaimed
 
 
 
"Noo," you corrected "it wasn't me who was drinking, it was them. I was just...there"
 
 
 
"Right" he said, looking relieved
 
 
 
Xiumin was already beggining to get out of hand, and Luhan excused himself out of the terrace with Xiumin grinning at him as Lay helped him in to the elevator to go back in to their room to 'cool' Xiumin off. Your eyes left them and turned to face Chanyeol, who seemed to be acting suspiscious for some reason. All of a sudden, you realised his arms were behind him, and you narrowed your eyes since you had a feeling he was hiding something. "We...were just going" you said, sounding unsure
 
 
 
You took the stairs down since the elevator had been occupied, but the other guys decided that they would just wait for the elevator to come up again, you rolled your eyes at their decision. But, before going, you turned your head back to look at Chanyeol who still suspisciously had something hidden behind his back. Your head peered to the side a little bit to see even just a glimpse of what he was hidding. And then, you saw a flash of it. It was a glass cup.
 
 
 
A glass cup? you thought. What on earth could he be doing bringing a glass cup in to the terrace like that all of a sudden? You wondered for a long moment, and, just then, it hit you. Was he perhaps spying on you? As in, listening to the conversation you were having with the other members? Of course, to think about it, you see it all the time. A glass cup held against the door whilst their ears are pressed on the base of it to eavesdrop on other peoples conversation. No wonder you bumped in to him so suddenly as soon as you pulled open the door. He acted embarrassed and looked red as well. You frowned. Why would he be doing that? you thought, chills going up your spine.
 
 
 
Come to think of it, there's been a lot of suspiscious things that's happened with you and Chanyeol recently. Like that incident where he told you that Baekhyun was upset, and then all of a sudden just dropped the topic and never spoke of it again. Your mind never left that topic and you're still clueless as to why he said that in the first place, but you decided to just leave it for now. Also, strangely, you've been bumping in to him a lot nowadays. Perhaps even running in to him at random moments where you're alone. It's weird, and creepy at the same time. And now, this has happened. Him standing outside, practically stalking you, (or even some other members) and holding up a glass cup against the door to hear what you're saying. It's strange, and for some reason, you feel like this time you shouldn't just shrug it off.
 
 
 
You made your way down the stairs, planning to go back in to your room. You were walking through the hallway, it seemed quiet, so you guessed that the guys might still be in the elevator or something like that.
 
 
 
As you approached your door, you heard faint muffling sounds. It sounded foreign to you at first, but as soon as you took each step, it became less and less muffled and by the time you stood outside your door it became clear and understandable words. You leaned against the wall and listened, tucking your hair behind your ear.
 
 
 
"Damn, I guess she really hates us, huh?"
 
 
 
Your jaw dropped slightly. There was someone in your room, interfearing your stuff and personal belongings without your permission. And, what's more, is that you knew exactly who this voice belonged to. Baekhyun.
 
 
 
"Let's see...ah, this one wasn't written too long ago," he said, clearing his throat "She wrote about Kris, too. Dammit. Okay, let's read this, I found him in the library...he's been coming there often...blah blah...took me out to fly...so and so..but god, it was thrilling" you heard Baekhyun close a book shut and began making a gagging noise in his mouth. And for some reason, you had a feeling he was frowning, too. Wait, was he...reading...something?
 
 
 
"I still haven't really developed any feelings for any of them...oh. Well, I guess she would feel that way about us. At least, she didn't mention anything about having a crush on Kris."
 
 
 
Your eyes immediately widened at what you were hearing and you gasped quietly.
 
 
 
"Oh, this is her most recent one. Oh, she's talking about that fight with Yerin and how Luhan hyung got involved. Ahhuuuuu. BEEF RIGHT THERE. Okay, okay, let's read this. Let's do dis bacon. Wait, I just called myself bacon. Oh well, the princess calls me it so, keke. Da da da...Jealousy?! Oh, well, she says she's not jealous of their relationship, but jealous of the fact that she doesn't have the love they have...AWWW. So cutee. I can change that princess. Ok, we're losing it. I'm losing it. Reading...reading...'he has a nice face'. Luhan hyung? DAMN. Why didn't she say anything about mine? Ugh. Nevermind."
 
 
 
That's it. He was reading your journal. Your journal.
 
 
 
"I can be the opposite...nice, kind, open to people...blah blah...Maybe, this time, I should give them a chance..." he drifted off in pure delight to those last words "Give them a chance...g-give them a chance...! Yes! ASSA! Mission success. And some benefits for me, too. Ha. Wait till I tell Chanyeol about this." you heard your journal slam shut and himself stand up.
 
 
 
Immediately, your hand grabbed hold of the door handle and you bursted the door open. "YAH. YOU, BYUN BAEKHYUN." you yelled, foot stomped to the floor. Baekhyun immediately froze and fired his hands up in an awkward position as he squealed, dropping your journal to the floor. He covered his face, avoiding all eye contact with you. You took a step forward, and he began shaking in nervousness. You snapped a finger or two at him. "You...you...what are you doing in my room?!" you yelled, anger burning within you
 
 
 
He cupped both of his cheeks with his palm, looking ashamed. By this time, Baekhyun was shaking really badly. His face was red and he could barely open his mouth to speak. "I...I..."
 
 
 
"So?!" you exclaimed, almost threating him for an immediate answer
 
 
 
All of a sudden, Baekhyun went on his knees, with his hands together looking up to you pleading for mercy. "Please princess, please don't kill me! I-I was just, I don't know - I'm sorry! I'm sorry, okay? Please spare me...!" he grabbed your ankle and you shook his hand off
 
 
 
You picked your journal off the floor and dusted it off "This is mine," you emphasized "I can't believe you went in to my room without my permission and then all of a sudden just started reading my journal! You're just so - ugh! And to think I didn't like you before, well I don't like you even more now!" you said loudly
 
 
 
"P-princess..." you turned around at the sound of a deep voice, it was Chanyeol who was standing in front of your bedroom, looking nervous.
 
 
 
"You!" you said, looking at the glass cup that was still in his hands, you faced him "were you in this, too?" you looked at him directly, and he seemed to be getting nervous as well "What are you guys up to? What on earth are you even doing?" you asked, you were really annoyed by this time
 
 
 
There was a shadow of doubt in Chanyeol's eye, both Baekhyun and Chanyeol were looking at each other as if they were unsure of something. Chanyeol had given the look to him that they should just surrender and give up, whilst Baekhyun looked back at him with pleading eyes as if telling him to not say anything. You looked back and forth across the two that were silent. That was it. You were done with them communicating like they were telepathic with each other. "Right, that's enough. Someone say something?!"
 
 
 
"J-just tell her, man..." said Chanyeol
 
 
 
Your eyes immediately ran towards Baekhyun. "Tell me what?"
 
 
 
Baekhyun began blushing hardcore at this moment. "N-no...don't..." he mouthed back to Chanyeol, who just sighed.
 
 
 
"Tell me?" you demanded
 
 
 
"It's nothing!" Baekhyun exclaimed, but you knew there was something.
 
 
 
"Just tell her, come on. It's been a while and this thing is killing me..."
 
 
 
"N..o..." Baekhyun mumbled quietly back to Chanyeol
 
 
 
All of a sudden, Chanyeol opened his mouth to speak. You began sighing in relief to know that you're finally getting to know what's going on around here, however, Baekhyun wasn't letting Chanyeol let loose of their little secret so easily. Immediately, Baekhyun lunged at Chanyeol and started covering his mouth with his own hand so a word wouldn't be said. Chanyeol began struggling to get out of Baekhyun's grip as his mouth remained sealed by his opponents hand. The two seemed to be in a half of a fight, half of a 'i'm going to kill you if you tell her' situation.
 
 
 
It remained like that for a few more seconds before Chanyeol then used his hands to grab Baekhyun's arm and remove his hand from his mouth so that he could speak freely. Baekhyun was now on the floor, ears covered at what Chanyeol, who was breathing heavily, was about to say next. "Baekhyun likes you!" he blurted out
 
 
 
And, in that instant, you were starstruck for words. Clueless at what to say. "So...so is this what all the fuss was about?" you said, after finally some time.
 
 
 
"Y-yes..." he stuttered.
 
 
 
You stayed stood for a while. "So, what was he doing in...and what were you..."
 
 
 
Chanyeol sighed. "Basically, ever since the start, we've devised a plan to get you to like Baekhyun. I knew you didn't like us at first, and, if I could say anything that the plan actually did, then it probably made you hate us even more," Plan? What plan? you thought to yourself. "Baekhyun liked you at first sight. When he saw that you didn't like us, or him, he wanted to know what you were really like, your personality, what your hobbies are...and he got me to do it. He asked me to, well, how do I say this, 'oberve' you. Call it stalking, if you want. But yeah. It was hard, though, because you were always in your room. Alone. I didn't really get to know you much, too. Except the fact that you like reading and stay pretty much isolated from the rest of the world, yeah."
 
 
 
You raised your eyebrows. "I can't believe i'm hearing this."
 
 
 
"Ever wonder why you keep on bumping in to me out of nowhere? Yeah, that's why. It's what I was doing up there in the terrace today, as well. Baekhyun also said that he was gonna check out your room to find out more about you and what you like and what you do since I pretty much seemed 'useless' to him because I wasn't finding out anything. Believe me, I told him it was your personal space. And, well, I guess he found your journal. It wasn't my intention to do this, you know. I'm not a stalker, he's the real stalker," he said, pointing to Baekhyun who still was wound up, hands pressed against ears in the corner "but it's because he likes you. And I mean, really likes you. Think about it. He's like an immature little boy who doesn't know how to express his feelings for a girl he likes and therefore results to doing mean and annoying things to get her attention. It's not the best way to do it and the girl might end up hating you, but right now it's the only thing he can think of for you to even look at him and for him to stand out amongst us members."
 
 
 
"He's standing out, alright. As the most annoying." you replied
 
 
 
He sighed "I know he's put that kind of impression on you, but, actually, in reality, he's not like that, he's...he's a good guy."
 
 
 
You wanted to laugh at that point. The 'good guy' label never really suited Baekhyun, for you, at least. "Do the other members know about this?"
 
 
 
"Yep," he said "oh, and another thing. Remember that time I told you Baekhyun was upset one day and then just left it? Yeah, well, he was upset about you and Kris and the fact that you two 'flew' together. Baekhyun saw it himself when he looked out of the window, you can't miss Kris hyung's flying, it's super loud once he takes off. So yeah, Baekhyun saw that, then he was totally down for like two days straight. He thought you were in love with Kris or something. You know, you like reading, he likes reading, he's nice, and that all Baekhyun is to you is an arrogant jerk. It's why he was so down that day. I was going to tell you that Baekhyun likes you, but then, I decided to leave it at last moment because I didn't wanna hurt him. I thought after him seeing you and Kris, he would get rid of his feelings for you, but apparently not."
 
 
 
After hearing all this, you couldn't help but form a small smile since you thought it was kind of cute. "I see now. Okay, well, that's that explained then," you said, placing your hands on your hips "Thanks for your honesty Chanyeol"
 
 
 
"Of course" he replied
 
 
 
You smiled a little, before your eyes turned to Baekhyun. "Yah...you can get up now, conversation's over. Come on." you jerked your head for him to get up. He slowly removed his hands from his ears and did the walk of shame towards the front of the door, accompanied by Chanyeol who had his arms round Baekhyun as you closed your door. You turned around, picked up the book, then tried to straighten the crinkles of the papers in your journal.
 
 
 
-----
 
A/N: Woohooo Baekhyun likes MiNa! I guess this chapter explains a lot for you guys then, huh? Ah, i've been looking forward to writing this chapter so that things will seem less boring and it'll spice things up. Anyway, yeah.