o18

The Ice Princess & Her 12 Suitors

"She rejected me, she rejected me!" Baekhyun cried "Dammit, Yeol!"

Chanyeol stared at his overreacting friend, trying to figure out a way to calm him. "Hey, Baek," he said "she didn't actually directly do that, she just said she wasn't sure. That's what you said, right?"

Baekhyun turned his head sharply at Chanyeol "Are you kidding me? It was an obvious no, ah, damn it, damn this, damn you" he swiveled around in annoyance and frustration "Why did you tell me to do it, Yeol?"

Chanyeol sighed. "Gee, Baek, if you're going to be this dramatic about a girl who - and let me just say this - did not directly reject you, then heck, I don't know why you're bothering anyway" he stated truthfully.

The little brunette had been whining and cringing ever since he plucked up the building courage to go ask the princess to a date, which the giant successfully suggested to him a while back. And heck, did it take a lot of time for him to build up his courage to ask her. But of course, things didn't exactly work out. Although the princess didn't say no, she didn't exactly say yes either. She seemed more or less in between and indecisive, but the truth is is that she's the one that isn't sure whether Baekhyun is serious or not. But a date, she's never been on one before. Yet alone where exactly? She is the princess, after all. Everything that she's unfamiliar with, seems like something foreign since she's been living in a little bubble all her life.

"Well - what else can I do now?" Baekhyun asked, seeming option-less

"Oh, I don't know, give up since you're not bothered?"Chanyeol rolled his eyes "You said she said 'I'm sorry, I don't know', heck, you're lucky she's even being nice to you. At least she didn't slap you across the face and say 'ew no'. Do you have any idea how much more that will hurt, Baek, do you?"

"Okay, I get it"

Chanyeol gestured with his hands. "Remember I'm your wingman for this thing, I advise you"

"But, but, she- ah, she's driving me crazy" Baekhyun placed his hand on his head and slightly tugged at his hair in frustration.

Chanyeol smiled and smirked at his words "Oh, Baekhyun," he placed his arm around the little brunette "Baek, Baek, Baeky Baekhyun"

"Stop that, you're-"

"Want me to go and talk to her for you? You know, get the real answer after she's finished making up her mind?"

Baekhyun released himself from the giant's grip "What do you mean, 'making up her mind'?"

"Well, if she gave you neither a yes or a no, then, the answer is simple, isn't it? She's thinking about it. You know, whether she wants to go on a date with you are not" he said.

"R-really?" Baekhyun stuttered, his hopes coming up.

"Damn, Baek, you really don't know anything about women, huh?" Chanyeol nudged him with his elbow. Baekhyun didn't even bother arguing back to that, his cocky self would usually brag on about how he can get as much girls as he wants anytime, but the truth is, he's just as inexperienced as the princess herself. "What will you say, though?" he asked

"Oh, just, general questions," Chanyeol replied, Baekhyun stared at him with a straight face "not anything stupid, of course. You know me, right? Just my special technique."

"Your technique with what?"

Chanyeol crouched down, his lips inches away from Baekhyun's ear. "With the ladieeesssss" he said in his deepest, huskiest voice. Baekhyun playfully punched him "You're so ridiculous"

"And you're so serious," Chanyeol said "well, these days anyway, after the diary incident with the princess. You and me were ridiculous. Yeah, what happened to you Baek?"

Baekhyun shrugged in response. "Ah, it's the love bug" Chanyeol beamed

"..What?"

"Nothing"

"You're so lame-"

Chanyeol stood up and began singing "Hopeless, head over heels in the moment, I never thought that I'd catch this love bug again"

"Dammit, Chanyeol!" he chased after him.

~~~
Meanwhile, you were in your bedroom, alone, bored, and scrolling through your phone. There was nothing else to do, and the signs of spring are already mocking you at the fact that you're inside doing nothing. You've been thinking a little, actually a lot, about what happened yesterday with Baekhyun. Was he serious? Did he really mean it? Or is it just a joke? It's hard to tell, as you just can't simply trust anyone easily, especially people who you hardly know and seem like they haven't even grown up yet.

But then again, you did know that Baekhyun likes you. But you even doubt that. Maybe he did like you, maybe he likes you more, maybe he likes you less. But you're just not sure. Things have been awkward between you two for a while though, but you've wanted to break the tension as well.

Looking through your phone, you came across yours and Yerin's text messages. You smiled at your old conversations as your thumb flicked up and down across the screen, but at the same time your heart broke. There was a recent text message from her, from two days ago, and you hadn't even noticed it.

"Hey....how are you doing?" You lowered the phone down a little. You realized that you and Yerin haven't spoken in at least two weeks, if not, maybe a little more. And all because of some stupid fight. Your fingers quickly tapped and replied away at her message.

"Hi, I'm doing fine, you?" You waited for her to reply, but you doubt for a second that she would any moment, that was until your phone vibrated.

"That's good, I'm doing fine too"

It was nice that you were getting to talk to her again, but you didn't know what else to reply with. You wanted to tell her a bunch of things and go back to the way you used to be, but maybe it was just too soon. You sighed and put your phone down for a minute or two, before it started ringing.

"H-hello?" you stuttered

"Hello? MiN?" Yerin called out from the other line. You smiled, remembering her nick name for you.

"Yeah, hi, Yerin"

"H-hey..." there was a pause for a moment between you two "l-listen, MiNa, I'm sorry about what happened. I was being so stubborn and arrogant, and all the things I said I swear I didn't mean it. I shouldn't have walked away like that- we were just having fun and I had to ruin it by being a - I just, agh, I'm so sorry, MiNa."

You listened to her words across the phone. "Yeah, you were a ," you said "but you're my "

Yerin laughed a little across the phone "Oh, have I missed you, Min, I've been wanting to talk to you for ages, you know?"

"Yeah, I've missed you too, Rin. And it's okay, I forgive you. I'm sorry, too, for not bothering to contact you in ages"

"It's alright. Let's go back to the way we were.I guess we're cool?"

"Yeah, I guess," you were surprised at how quickly you two made up, but the truth is you just couldn't live without her "Glad were talking again. So, what's up?"

"I've got stuff to tell you, Min"

"Spill"

"Well, I don't know how you'll react to this but, on that day of the movie night I exchanged numbers with Luhan and well we've been talking a little ok no a lot to each other and I kinda sorta really like him and well now he wants to meet up and asked me a out for a date" Your eyes perked up.

"Oh! A date? With Luhan? That's cool."

"You don't mind, right?" "Me, mind? Oh, Rin, you can go out as much as you want with that boy. Hey, if you like him, go for it, you know?"

"Thanks, Min. So what about you? How are you and *ahem* your 'suitors' doing?"

You roll your eyes. "It's the same, but- oh, yeah, I've got something to tell you as well," you said "You know I keep a diary, right? Well guess which two have been reading it? The dumb and dumber; Chanyeol and Baekhyun. I thought it was some sort of practical joke but apparently it was their way of finding out what I think about the boys because...well, apparently Baekhyun sorta likes me."

A small squeal was heard from Yerin. "Ooohh, MiNa! Baekhyun, huh? That's some news in that household for once. So, what are you two up to?" You snorted.

"Ha, nothing," you said "he asked me out on a date yesterday night, and, well, I told him that I wasn't sure."

"Really? You're not sure? Come on, this could be an opportunity! Have some fun, get to know him you know?"

"But he's, well, kinda annoying, cheeky, loud-"

All of a sudden, unexpectedly, the door swung open wide making a bursting noise with a swift kick of a foot. "Chanyeol!" you screamed "get out of my room!"

"Princess, can I ta-"

"No! Geez, at least come in to my room politely and to knock on the door, you noob!"

"WELL THEN" You grunted before placing your phone back on to your ear "Dumber just walked in" you said to her.

"Yah! What did you just say?"

"Yeah, you heard me"

"Whatever, who are you talking to? Just so you know I'd like to TALK ABOUT THE DATE YOU AND BAEKHYUN ARE HAVING" Chanyeol raised his voice.

"It's Yerin," you say "she knows"

"Oh, so you don't have a secret boyfriend then," he said making you roll your eyes "Hello Yerin-ssi!"

Yerin muttered a few words to you before you grunted and put her on speaker "Ne, hello, Chanyeol-ssi!"

"How are you?"

"I'm good, you?"

"Me too, haven't seen you in a while. Oh! By the way, I heard about you and our deer, Lulu," Yerin blushed at his words "it's cool, Yerin. You know about MiNa and Baekhyun too, right? How about we make it a double date?" Your eyes widened.

"Ehhh?" You said

"Oh, uh, as long as you can drag MiNa in to it, sure"

"Ah, really? Great! Thanks, Yerin-ssi! Goodbye for now!"

"Sure, bye! Oh, and MiNa, I have to go now too. Talk to you later." your mouth drooped and you pressed the end call button at that.

"What.did.you.just.do?"

"Set you up on a double date" he winked

"What are you, Cupid? Gosh, Chanyeol"

"Please, princess. Baekhyun's really bummed out about it and he really likes you and just-agh, please go on this date with him. Please."

You sighed, and Chanyeol looked like he was about to cringe to your answer. "As long as I'm with Yerin," you said "Okay, I'll go."