o19

The Ice Princess & Her 12 Suitors

That's it. You regretted it. You regretted ever agreeing on this silly little double date. Why? Well, for starters the boys have never stopped teasing you ever since word got out by loud mouth Chanyeol. And what's even more unorganized is that you don't even know where you're going for as a date. Where have you got to go, anyways? It's modern day and there are loads of places to go of course, but that would be okay if you were just a normal girl, but no, you're a princess. It would be kind of strange to see the princess wandering around the streets of Busan with a guy. That would obviously cause some gossip.

But you couldn't just walk to wherever you want like that, can you? You would have to tell your father first. Heck, even to get there the only cars you own were either too expensive for the average person or it was a limousine. Fancy enough to catch people's attention. And you, well, you're not really an attention seeker, and most importantly, it would be your first time stepping out of the palace since birth.

You were currently sat outside sitting in the garden on the bench, starting to read a new book that you had just picked up from the library, whilst some of the boys were hanging out and doing their own thing. Your hand turned the pages and you began losing interest in the words, looking around, there were the maids hanging up the laundry and the gardeners taking care of the plants. You stood up, closed the book, and decided to wander about.

"Oi," you said as you found Chanyeol and Suho lying on the grass enjoying the sun and towered over them, blocking their light.

"Well, hello to you too" Chanyeol said sarcastically, Suho moved and sat upright with his arms bent to reach the sun light again. "Hi, princess" 

"Hi," you replied "anyways, you," you pointed a finger at Chanyeol

"Me?"

"Yeah, you. I need to talk to you," you gestured your head to move some place else "I don't mean to disturb your little sun tanning session, Suho" you said

"Oh, you know what? It's fine. There's not much sun in this area anyway, you go ahead and talk to Chanyeol about - ahem - your date" he raised his eyebrows slightly before standing up and walking away.

"Agh! Look, you cost me a friend" Chanyeol complained "and my tanning session!"

"Whatever," you said sitting down with your legs crossed "you don't have any friends, well, except Baekhyun. Oh - speaking of which, I needed to talk to you about that...thing"

"Your date?" he said, you stayed quiet. "Sure - what's up? Why, are you nervous? Scared? Aw, princess." he chuckled.

"No, not that, you nugget"

"Did you just call me a-"

"Yeah, I did. But not in a good way. Anywho, we don't even know when or most importantly where were going. It just seems so...unorganized, you know?"

For some reason, Chanyeol's eyes widened in surprise. "S-so...you're serious? Like, you want it to happen?" 

You sat there looking at him expressionlessly, and you suddenly started getting mad. So it was a joke? They were just toying with you after all? "Yeah well you and your friggin' boy band group can just-"

"Princess! Oh, thank god. Baek is so gonna be thrilled about this."

You raised one of your eyebrows. "Huh? What are you talking about? I thought-"

"That I was joking? Damn, heck no we weren't. We were - well Baekhyun is - pretty much serious. We thought you were the one just messing with us. Baekhyun didn't believe me when I told him that you said okay."

"Oh," you stutter. Well, the real question is, are you okay with it? You said so yourself, right?

"Wow, this is great princess, I'll be sure to tell Baek straight away, will tomorrow be okay? With your double date? Oh, who am I kidding, you're in the palace 24/7. Ok cool, Cupid Chanyeol to the rescue!" he darted up and ran inside the palace house 

"B-but!" before you could say anything, he already lept in. You sighed, you were worried about tomorrow as it was happening so fast and you haven't left the palace in ages, but at least you still had Yerin with you, right? 

Wrong. 

You've never realized it before but Luhan and Yerin are totally loved up, they're like those sweet yet annoying couples because they act cute and spend so much time together, usually it makes you want to throw up at the sight of it, but because she was your friend, you let her have her fun.

The double date was kinda...pretty much, not like a double date. Luhan and Yerin seemed to be locked on to each other all the time, leaving you and Baekhyun awkward with each other alone. Chanyeol recommended you guys to visit a sea life aquarium, one of Busans attractions. Of course, people recognized you, but instead of acting strange they bowed in respect and let you go on with your day. 

"Oppa, say ahhh," Yerin took a pece of her crepe and fed it in to Luhans mouth "yummy, right?" she asked, and he nodded his head in response. 

"Omo, jagiya you have some cream on your nose" Luhan said, wiping it off Yerins face with his finger, they both giggled at each other. 

"You guys are so...sweet" you tilted your head and forced your muscles to smile before taking a bite out of your own crepe.

"Thanks" they both said at the same time and laughed at the fact that they were so alike. After lunch, you made your way back inside the sea life aquarium.

You stared at the giant rays that were swimming gracefully in the giant blue tank that was in front of you. The two rays were spinning around each other in a twirling motion, as if they were sharing affection towards each other. 'I wonder when I'll get to experience such a thing' you thought to yourself. You turned your head and saw Baekhyun, who was standing a few meters away from you, watching the two rays make their way towards him, and he flashed a smile at the sight of them. 

You haven't talked much throughout the day, but you wish you did, that way you would have gotten to know each other and for once just communicate. Ever sinc he confessed it's been awkward, to be honest you did miss that silly brat that was annoying you all the time along with his giant. You slowly walked along the giant aquarium before stopping a meter away from Baekhyun.

"They're pretty, aren't they?" he said, not taking his eyes off of them

"Y-yeah..." You said shyly, looking at him from the corner

There was a moment of silence before he spoke again. "Today was nice, I guess"

"Y-yeah, it's been a while since I've been out of the palace actually. It's good to get around." you both looked at each other and smiled slightly.

"Guyss," you turned around and saw a cheerful Yerin with her arm locked around a smiling Luhan. "Hey, um, if you don't mind, were thinking about going on our own from here on our double date, you know, just...us two" she smiled at Luhan

"Oh, um.." 

"Sure," Baekhyun said "you guys go ahead. We'll just see you at the palace. It's still the afternoon anyway, so you have time" 

Yerin smiled brightly "Thanks! See you guys!" Luhan nodded at Baekhyun and they both skipped together merrily, making their way out of the aquarium. God knows where they're going next.

Now you're just left alone with Baekhyun, 'oh crap' you thought to yourself. What will you two do now? Will it just be awkward? 

"They just wanted to be alone" he said

You turned around confused "Huh?" 

"They just wanted to be alone, you know, like most couples do. Even though it's a double date you gotta let them have their time together."

You smirked a grin "What are you, a love expert now?"

He smiled a little "Just saying. Hey, since we have time left, why don't we do something together? You know, finish the day off?" 

You put on a wondering face before replying, "Okay."

________

a/n: wow it's been a while kill me if ur mad for not updating but I'm finally here omg. I've been busy with exams but guess what? They're finally over! YES. we gon party. 🎊🎉 I'm so happy omg this means I have all the time in the world. I'll be updating this story so don't worry. Pls comment & sub, thanks!