o1

The Ice Princess & Her 12 Suitors

 

Once upon a time...

~ There lived a princess in a far, far away land. In a kingdom near by, there was a handsome prince, who every day rode on his white horse and would pass by the princess' palace just to see her face. She would look forward to seeing him as well each day.

Sooner or later, both realised they were in love with each other. One day, the prince was thinking about her being his true love and thought that the next day he would propose to marrying her ~

 

 

"Stop before I might puke" you say out loud

 

"It's not my fault you wanted me to read it" Yerin replied, closing the fairy tale book that was within her hands. Both of you looked at each other, a smile crept on the corner of your mouth and both of you bursted out laughing.

 

"Oh, god. It's terrible, isn't it, Rin?" Rin was your nickname for your best friend, Yerin "I mean, how can you bombard little girls with fake fairy tales as such? And the fact that he wanted to marry her even when they didn't say a word to each other before, bullshizz"

 

"Oi, language," Yerin pointed out "Anyway, yeah, I agree with you MiNa, they're both so dense"

 

You and your best friend Yerin were rummaging through a box of your old things that you had when you were still a little girl when you came across a page-loaded fairy tale book. You remembered that your mother used to read to you from that book; classic stories of princesses acting as the damsal in distress whilst the knight in shining armour comes to save the day, and then they live 'happy ever after', etc, etc.

 

Your mother told you that one day you would meet your own prince charming, too. But you always made a face whenever she said that, even as a little girl. And now, growing up, nothing had changed much and you thought the same. You have grown more independent now and the high palace walls limited you to seeing anything beyond it, resulting in you not wanting to step out of your comfort zone and be adventurous.

 

"Tell me about it," you replied "anyway, Rin, don't you have to go now? It's getting late"

 

Yerin's eyes glanced at the clock "Oh, yeah. Thanks. I think I best be going now, s'good seeing you, Min," Her arms quickly pulled you in for a quick hug "Call me, okay?" she waved good bye to you and made her way downstairs

 

"Arrasso" you said back

 

Yerin was an average person, but to you, she was so much more. You don't remember exactly how you met, but your father says that you were both very little at that time, your mother had brought a friend over the palace, and she just happened to have a daughter the same age as you. And from then on, apparently you and her just clicked. And it's been like that ever since. Though, she can be a bit sensitive at times, and that's what you dislike about her, sometimes, you even end up in fights because of it.

 

You looked at your surroundings and found a complete mess. Some old nicknacks on the floor, your old favourite toys were lying around here and there, whilst the hard-covered, enourmous book was in the middle of it all. A sigh came out of your mouth at the sight of it. Immediately, you began tidieng up and putting it back within the box.

 

After putting everything back inside, you realised that there was the last item left that was sitting out in the open of your carpeted bedroom. It was a small pink book. Being curious, you immediately picked it up and examined it before turning on to the first page.

 

Nothing.

 

Raising an eyebrow, you flick some more through the pages before you come across a few squiggly lines in the middle of the small book. Your eyes peered in, then you realised that it wasn't just random squiggly lines, there was something written there. It was written in an awfully messy font, but nevertheless, you tried figuring out what it said.

 

Dear Diary,

 

"Oh" you said surprisingly. This was your old journal that you kept when you were younger. You said to yourself that you would write in it every day for at least a year, even if it was just one sentence. Clearly, 'it' being going on for a year was a failed attempt, but let's face it, we've all tried to keep a diary but miserably failed, too.

Your eyes carried on scanning the context that seemed impossibly to read like greek symbols.

 

Mummy was reading to me again today. The same story about the prince and his white horse. She's always reading me fairy tale stories, and they're all about princes and princesses. I'm a princess too, did you know that? But I don't have a prince yet, mummy says that mine will come soon though, but in the stories their love story is so easy, I think it's kinda dumb

 

You giggled slightly at the last sentence and couldn't help but agree. To think about it, you hardly changed your opinion at all. Your fingers flicked to the next page and saw a small sentence written.

 

Dear Diary,

I wish I had real super powers instead of mine

 

You smiled. Speaking of the world you were living in and your unique 'gifts' and 'qualities', yours weren't much compared to others, even if you were the princess. Because you're a royal blood, all royals are blessed with 3 unique gifts, whilst others just have one. At first, you would think having 3 gifts is more than just enough, but being just wise and intelligent made you feel like you were no different from any other people with a good brain. All you had was mentally-based powers. Other people had useful ones such as speed or the ability to control water, and that was far beyond than what you could do. And the third one, well, you always wanted what your third power was ever since you were little, but to find a suitor first and then earn your power, heck, you'd rather go powerless since birth.

 

It's not that you don't like men or boys, it's just that you never had an interest in the one's you've seen/known so far. As a teenage girl, your hormones would go crazy and think every guy that walks past you is cute, but with you it was never like that. Instead of obsessing over looks and cute guys, you grew up to be an independent, sophisticated person. Far from what the others were like.

 

"Excuse me, Princess MiNa-ssi?" You turned around to find one of your servants, Jonghyun, standing outside of your bedroom door

 

"Ne, Jonghyun?" you said with a smile

 

He smiled a little back and nervously began scratching the back of his neck "I-uh, y-your father, he wants to see you" he stuttered

 

"Oh," you replied with wide eyes "Ok. I'll be down in a minute."

 

Jonghyun quickly bowed to you and left. Despite already working as a servant, you and Jonghyun haven't much of an age difference since he's only one year older than you. You've known him for over a year, and would even consider him as a friend now. You've told him countless times to drop the formalities and just to treat you as a normal person, but he says that you needed to be treated with respect. As a princess. He's also talks with an awkward stutter coming out with his words; you've heard that he's had a crush on you from other servants, but you just shrugged it off and didn't care.

 

Immediately, you got up and went downstairs to see him as you didn't want to keep him waiting.

 

You were at the top of the stairs about to run down when you realised that he was at the bottom of the stairs, waiting for you. Your own father was standing there, little hints of white hair were already showing whilst his face sagged slightly and his eyes seemed slightly puffy, it clearly reflected on how tired he was. You were always daddy's little girl, and to see him like this made you frown slightly.

 

"Yes, dad?"

 

His lips opened to speak "Come down here," he commanded with a croaky voice. You did as you were told, gently coming down until you faced him. "MiNa, I've been thinking a lot lately"

 

"About what, dad?" you tilted your head 

 

"Well, we all know that im not the most youngest of kings," he began, making a smile curl on the edge of your lips "and since you're already grown in to a sophisticated, smart young lady, I think it's time for you to, well, how do I say this, uh- find a suitor"

 

Both of your eyebrows raised at what he just said. "But, dad, I'm only nineteen" you recalled. 'Suitor?' you thought 'I'm far too young to be thinking about marriage now'.

 

"I know, MiNa," he replied "But I'm not getting any younger. You, as the princess of Busan, have to face up to your responsibilities, too. And I need someone to replace me when I'm gone."

 

"Can't I just face my responsibilities on my own?" you argued back

 

"No can do," he said "besides, MiNa, I thought you said you've always wanted your own Prince Charming ever since you were little?"

 

You rolled your eyes "Dad, you weren't listening properly. I said that I thought fairy tales were stupid. It was mum that kept on saying I'll find my own prince charming, remember?"

 

"Ah," he said in realization "of course. I remember she kept on telling you stories from a fairly large book. Every night, non stop."

 

"Yeah," you replied "I miss her"

 

He looked up "Me too," he said. It was silent for a moment. "Anyway, going back to the subject"

 

You groaned. "Why dad, why?"

 

"It's too late now, MiNa, I've already made arrangements. 12 suitors have come from China and Korea to meet you. They'll be here by dawn tomorrow and will live within the palace so you get a chance to know each other before you finally make a decision. I'm sorry for not telling you any earlier, MiNa, but they've only just told me that they're on their way here. I hope you'll associate with them at least."

 

"12?!" you yelled "in our house? and-and make a decision?!"

 

"MiNa, calm down"

 

"What? I can't believe it. Dad, please no, not these days. I'm still young, I want to do a lot of things, I'll get married later, to someone I love, and not now with strangers!" 

 

"They're not strangers; I haven't just picked 12 random people. They're of quite high status, actually. And they all have supernatural powers that are useful, like flying and invisibility. They're gentlemen, too, and are just about your age. They call themselves 'EXO' when they are together as a group, they're quite close friends too actually. Maybe if you would give them a chance..."

 

You smirked "EXO? Ha. Why would you even name your group in the first place? Not unless you were a boy band or something like that."

 

"Actually, when they use all their powers together, it can be very useful. Some of them have already experienced in battling and using their powers in a war." 

 

"Ugh..." you moaned

 

"MiNa, you know I don't like it when this attitude of yours shows up. You can be understanding but very difficult sometimes, you know that. Sometimes, you can be shallow too."

 

"But Dad..."

 

"There's no buts here. I've already arranged for them to come and live here in two of our guest rooms, you just have to get to know them, that's all. You've been within the palace walls for ages, it's time you socialize"

 

"Ugh..." you moaned again

 

To be honest, your father knew you would react this way. He knows that even stepping an inch from your zone of comfort would be enough to tick you off and make you frustrated. You've been like this since you were a little girl, too. When you're happy and contented, you show it, but if you're not, then you act the way you're acting right now. It's why they gave you that nick name. You don't easily give your heart away.

 

Your dad smirked at the sight of you complaining and thought that you haven't changed a bit. "You truly are the ice princess, MiNa."

 

 

 

A/N: Well there's the first chappy for you all. >.< how'd I do?(: need time to think of the upcoming chapters and what's going to happen in them. Btw feel free to leave some comments below & subscribe! Thankyouu.