She came back

I promise

 

         “You look beautiful.” She heard behind her, Jiyong walked past her. There was the sound of bells as she turned to where he was walking, and there she was. A wedding dress, how could she be seeing this, they were now twenty five. But yet they were barely twenty. She inspected her own dress, one that she kept a sketch of in her journal near the bed. The image evolved. 

          “Remember what you promised me oppa.” She heard her own voice, “friends forever.” His voice echoed, his laugh, his smile. The things she loved to see the most. The feeling of being secure in his arms, how could she give that up? The couple in front of her smiled. That could be us, she watched as they exchanged their promise rings for wedding bands. “They’re perfect.” She whispered, “Just like us.” He echoed. That should be us.

           “We’ve moved her to a room now, she should be fine.”Jiyong was listening to the doctor, “She’s lucky the car wasn’t driving any faster other wise he could have killed her.” The doctor finished. “When can I see her?” he asked anxiously. “She’s still under right now, she should wake up in a few hours, but you’re welcome to go now if you’d like.” The doctor motioned in the direction of the room. He nodded and let one of the nurses lead him there.

           She looked so peaceful, so fragile, like an angel. Just like she always did when she slept. He walked up to the bed and placed his hand over hers, “Mianhe” he whispered. He waited until the rain stopped, until the sun dipped behind the clouds, until the stars sparkled in the sky. His body ached, he wanted sleep but he didn’t. He watched as her fingers gave a small twitch and then as her eyes opened. He moved closer waiting for a sound from her dry lips. “Oppa.” She managed in a sound just below a whisper. That word, her voice, he would never leave her. Never let her go, never hurt her again as long as he could hear her say his name. “Saranghea” he said softly as he watched her lips twitch into a smile. He wasn’t going to let her go. She didn’t want him to.