Memories

I promise

 

       The sunlight ran across the treetops, somewhere nearby there was a stream, you could hear the rush of the water. Over heard the sky was clearing, birds flew by making noises here and there. So peaceful.

        “Oppa?” her voice was low, husky sounding. He liked it when she called him that, he liked his name on her lips. “Neh?” he replied, they were walking hand in hand through the familiar field. It had been their field since they were little, they had promised to meet here every Saturday morning no matter what the weather condition was.

        “Remember when we first met here?” she continued looking around her, “Hmm…I don’t think-“

          “Jiyong!” she exclaimed punching his chest playfully, he grinned, “Of course I remember.” He couldn’t resist her, she was flawless. Even when they were young, somehow he made sure they would be together. The first time he saw her little round face among the flowers. “Annyeonghasseo.” Was the first thing she ever said to him. “Annyeong.” He responded wide eyed. 

      “You looked like an angel.” He confessed later, “I don’t look like an angel anymore?” she pouted. Even her pout was beautiful, “You always look like angel,” he said her cheek.

        The images flashed in his mind, this field held so many memories. “I have something for you.” She said stopping, he was surprised. Today was not his birthday, nor was it an anniversary, they’d talked about marriage before but that couldn’t be it. Could it?

         He watched her reach her small hand into the pocket of her dress then paused, “Oppa, remember what we promised each other on that day?” she asked, Jiyong was stunned, “That we’d be friends forever, no matter what happened,” he blushed at the memory, “You had this serious look in your eyes, you even made me pinky promise.” You both smiled at it.

        She pulled her hand out and revealed it’s contents. “Promise rings,” she stated looking down at the two silver bands in her hand. He smiled down at her and put on the ring proudly, as she slipped hers on. “They’re perfect” he said raising his hand to the sun, then to her, “Just like us.” She smiled back at him as he pulled her into a kiss. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Authors Notes:

*kay, so this taking some time, I realized where I want this to go after I finished writing the next two chapters. Before that I was just writing blindly. If you're wondering what's going to happen next I suggest listening to Stay or Haru Haru, they kind of inspired the end. Hahah, I hope I'm not giving away too much.