c2

I Gave Up

Chapter 2        

‘’You are not coming with me’’ Jongin stated as the short maid had announced his father needed his son in protection. He had told the maids to follow him at all costs, and even follow him to his school, attending his classes. There was absolutely no way in hell he had any intentions of ever letting that happen.

‘’Young master, your father had insisted’’ She spoke up as she took a step towards Jongin while he backed away.

‘’I don’t care, you’re not coming with me’’ He spat rather harshly making the shorter doubt whether to go or not.

She bit her lip and lowered her gaze slowly, ‘’But – ‘’

‘’You’re not coming, end of discussion’’ He emphases the last words as he furrowed his brows in both annoyance and disgust.

I don’t care what that old man wants, this is my life not his.

He massaged his temples and turned abruptly to walk to school again.

‘’Young master! The chauffeur is here!’’ The maid yelled after him as he continued to ignore her.

Was she trying to wake up the whole neighborhood? Well , she probably did.

Jongin closed his eyes as he enjoyed the sound of birds chirping and wind rustling the leaves his delicate sun kissed features.

‘’Yah, yah, yah! I have to go! Don’t act like my mother when you’re clearly younger than me!’’

Jongin opened his eyes and let them wander towards the source of the voice.

A figure was snatching his phone from some guy and straightened out his uniform, but not before punching the other guy in the gut then noticed him walking in his direction.

Kai turned his head forwards and continued walking peacefully.

He could hear the footsteps behind him fasten and he sighed inwardly as he forgot that his earplugs were on his nightstand in his room. Anyone could approach him now.

He felt someone tap his shoulder, and he turned to look at the person.

Oh, the guy with the owl eyes. He thought as he studied the latter’s face.

‘’Jongin-ah! I got a feeling it was you’’ He laughed awkwardly and bit his lip in embarrassment.

‘’oh’’ Jongin nodded slowly.

 

>>>KYUNGSOO’S POV<<<

Think of something to talk about you idiot! Kyungsoo thought as he studied Jongins’ side profile.

He was very handsome indeed. Even handsome wouldn’t fit for that face of his, Kyungsoo thought, fidgeting with his fingers.

If he were to scale him from 1 to 100, it would definitely be the three symbols.

Kyungsoo cleared his throat as Jongin had caught him staring. He raised his brow and gave a questioning look. Embarrassed, he just shook his head and focused on the sidewalk.

‘’So...’’ Kyungsoo spoke slowly while looking at him from the corner of his eye.

‘’So?’’ He waited.

‘’Uhm, where do you live?’’ He turned to look at Kyungsoo with his forehead creased.

‘’Why do you want to know that?’’

‘’Uh ’cause.. We met up there a while ago, so uh, I figured you lived somewhere near’’

God, I sound so stupid.

He only faced the road and continues walking. Kyungsoo slump his shoulders dejectedly and trailed behind him.

It felt like he had lost a round of soccer to that little brat Sehun. He didn’t really expect Jongin to be like this. But that doesn’t stop Kyungsoo any further from trying to get to know him, after all no one’s perfect.

‘’May I ask how old you are?’’ He spoke up deciding not to leave the conversation at that.

‘’We’re in the same class, how old do you expect me to be?’’ feeling the wave of annoyance radiating from Jongin’s body, Kyungsoo decided to zip his mouth in an instance.

The walk towards school was quiet after that. Jongin enjoyed the silence, while Kyungsoo felt awkward for annoying the latter. Both of them entered the classroom and sat quietly by each other.

>>>END OF POV<<<

The lecture had started and Jongin felt himself being dragged back to sleep. The lessons were always boring. Not because he was too stupid to follow, but because he was simply too smart as he had already had this subject when he was homeschooling.

Kyungsoo noticed how Jongin’s head was bobbing a little while he was half awake and half asleep. He took out his pencil case and shoved it under Jongin’s head, making him rest on it. Kyungsoo smiled contently and watched Jongin’s figure as he inhaled and exhaled at a slow but steady pace, before returning his attention to the front of the class.

They were having a group project, the teacher announced. Kyungsoo turned to Jongin and poked his side which jolted him awake, making Kyungsoo flinch.

The now awake grumpy guy sent Kyungsoo a dirty look before resting his head on his pencil case again.

‘’Jongin-ah, we’re having a group project. If you pay attention you get to know your partner’’ Kyungsoo whispered to Jongin.

‘’I won’t pay anything’’ He mumbled tiredly, but he still perked up his ears to know his assigned classmate.

‘’Okay, so Dohyun and Byungjoo, Mujung and Siwon, Seohyun and Hara, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Suho, Jongin and Dasom’’ The teacher continued.

Kyungsoo bit his inner cheek and furrowed his brows. He had kind of hoped to be paired up with Kim Jongin if it was possible.

Kyungsoo heard Jongin sigh and he turned to look at him. ‘’You okay?’’ He asked carefully.

Jongin ignored him and watched as Dasom took a seat in front of Jongin. She batted her eyelashes and leaned on her hands to reveal her cleavage.

Kyungsoo found that disgusting and decided to turn around to search for his own partner.

He spotted a guy with violet hair coming his way, and smiled a little upon seeing that he looked pleasantly decent.

‘’Hey I’m Baekhyun’’ He smiled and extended his hand while turning the chair to sit directly in front of Kyungsoo.

‘’Kyungsoo’’ He smiled back at Baekhyun. Decent indeed.

‘’Maybe we should get to know each other first before we start our project?’’ He spoke cheerfully.

Kyungsoo nodded in delight. Maybe not being Jongin’s partner had its ups.

‘’I’m 19 years old, but you probably realized as we are in the same class’’ He did his eye smile. Kyungsoo felt a bit embarrassed as he thought back to is conversation with Jongin. Stupid.

Kyungsoo laughed at that and nodded, ‘’probably’’

‘’I like to sing, and compose songs! And play instruments’’ He tapped his chin.

‘’Really? Me too!’’

‘’Seriously?’’ Baekhyun grinned, ‘’we should make a song together sometime’’ They both laughed.

‘’Okay so for the project. Since we are supposed to build memories, maybe we should use paper Mache to cut out an object that reminds you of a specific memory?’’

Kyungsoo nodded, ‘’So if I had a memory at a playground, I can cut out a toy that I used, right? And if I had a memory at the beach, I could cut out shades or palm trees or something?’’

Baekhyun smiled, ‘’I can already smell the top score coming towards us’’

Kyungsoo laughed at that and shook his head, ‘’so when do we start?’’ He spoke.

‘’It’s good to start early, so how about we go to my place right after school tomorrow?’’

‘’Sure’’

‘’Hey! Why are you ignoring me?’’ Baekhyun and Kyungsoo turned around to find Dasom trying to get Jongin’s attention. He just stared blankly at her as she stomped her foot and pouted.

Maybe people would find that cute, but Kyungsoo in this case only found it sickening.

‘’Hey! Are you acting all stuck up just because you have the money or what?’’ She spat.

Kyungsoo watched as Jongin’s eyes twitched, and he stood up from his chair, towering her.

‘’Say that once more’’ He stared intently at her, eyes piercing into her soul.

 ‘’One. More. ing. Time. And you will never see the daylights again’’ He shoved her and walked out of the classroom, not forgetting to slam the door in the process.

Kyungsoo’s eyes left lingering at the door, and turned to Baekhyun, ‘’Excuse me’’ He smiled and walked out of the class.

He looked around in the hall, but there was no sign of Jongin. Kyungsoo walked around until he heard the sound of water running.

He turned to the source of the sound and figured it came from the Male’s toilet.

Kyungsoo walked towards it and entered, only to find an unknown male washing his hands.

The male looked up at Kyungsoo’s owl eyes and gave him a questioning look,

 ‘’Sorry. I thought you were someone else’’ Kyungsoo bowed politely and watched as the male walked out of there. Kyungsoo sighed and splashed water on his face and looked himself in the mirror. Suddenly he heard a sniff coming from one of the cubicles behind him.

Kyungsoo turned around and furrowed his brows as he didn’t see any legs.

The sniff could be heard again, and Kyungsoo figured that someone sat on top of the toilet to make it look like no one was there.

He leaned his ear on one of the cubicles, and heard the sniff louder. He knocked on the door gently,

 ‘’Hey, are you okay?’’ He asked not really expecting an answer.

As moments of silence passed he knocked softly on the door again.

‘’You can talk to me if you want? I promise I won’t tell anyone. I’m not pressuring you or anything... Just wondering if you wanted someone to hear you out’’ Kyungsoo hit his forehead lightly. He hates it when he talks too much.

The sniff was heard again, and the door of the cubicle creaked as it opened slowly revealing a boy with his knees held up to his chin. He felt a tinge of disappointment as it wasn’t the person he was looking for, but he wasn’t the type to turn his back once he offers help.

Kyungsoo kneeled down in front of the male and tried to catch a glimpse of the buried face.

‘’Is it okay if I hear you out?’’ He asked slowly, his lips curving upwards a bit as the male raised his head to meet eyes with Kyungsoo.

‘’I’’ He closed his eyes and let out a broken sob. The latter felt uncomfortably sad seeing how the male was struggling with his words.

‘’I – I messed up badly today’’ His voice cracked slightly, tears staining his cheeks.

‘’Do you mind telling me what happened?’’ Kyungsoo spoke softly trying to catch those brown orbs staring through him rather than at him.

The male shook his head and finally looked into Kyungsoo’s eyes,

 ‘’I – I confessed to someone a – and it all went wrong. It went so wrong’’ The male’s face turned soft as he thought back at the evening. Soon he broke out with tears and sniffles.

Kyungsoo reached for his head and his blonde hair with true sincerity. The male tensed for a moment, before relaxing into his touch.

‘’I did something I should never have done. I – I kissed him. And- And’’ The male couldn’t collect his words and looked at Kyungsoo with pain evident in his eyes, even Kyungsoo felt tears welling up in his own.

Kyungsoo felt his chest tightening and waved for the male to come over. The male followed his gesture and sat beside of him. The latter hugged the male with one arm and patted his head with the other. ‘’So it’s a guy we’re talking about?’’ The male nodded slow but surely.

‘’Can I ask you what your name is?’’ The male asked Kyungsoo, and they exchanged names.

‘’So, Byunghun’’ – ‘’L.Joe’’ The male corrected.

‘’So, L.Joe. Did you maybe get to see the other male’s reaction after what happened?’’

L.Joe thought for a moment before shaking his head sadly.

‘’What if this person actually enjoyed it, hm? You shouldn’t have run off before seeing his reaction. Maybe he actually wanted to respond in some kind of way?’’

‘’Maybe’’ L.Joe looked at Kyungsoo. ‘’Thank you, Kyungsoo. You’re a great person, really’’ L.Joe smiled sweetly and stood up, dusting off his uniform. Kyungsoo got up and did the same.

‘’And you never saw me crying like a rejected girl, alright?’’ L.Joe pointed at Kyungsoo. The latter nodded and both of them laughed as they made their way out of the male’s toilet.

Just as they walked out the door, Jongin lifted his head in their direction and frowned.

 Isn’t he supposed to be in class? But Jongin didn’t give it a second thought as he shrugged and walked God knows where.