c10

I Gave Up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRDCIvd1BKg you HAVE to listen to this song meanwhile reading this!! It makes the effects.. hahha..

Chapter 10

As soon as Jongin woke up, he snuck out of the house before Kyungsoo could even wake up. He needed to be alone as he wasn’t used to all of these weird new sensations. He had to get away from everything and everyone. His feet had automatically guided him towards a specific hidden park.

He looked at the huge green space and smiled a little. The leaves were of all shades of orange, yellow and red.

He bit his lip to contain any emotions and walked down to a bench that was placed in the middle of the park. As he sat down he glanced to the side and let his fingertips graze the straight lines carved into it. Fishing out his keys he scraped another short line next to the others.

‘’Sorry for not coming for a while…’’ He breathed out as he fiddled with his fingers.

‘’Nothing has been happening lately… That’s for sure. Though I like it like this. It’s the best for me I guess.’’ He looked up at the sky, watching as the clouds moved above him like he was in some sort of a massive snow globe. Minus the snow of course.

 ’’You’ve been keeping an eye on me, right? So I can’t be cheating you. I’m not doing bad stuff’’ He chuckled a little. As he breathed, a cloud of fog appeared before him. He reached out his hand and waved away the cloud like old days. He put his hands in his pocket and bit the top of his jacket to draw it up to his pink tinted cheeks.

The sky was still dark, maybe he woke up a little too early? He glanced at his wristwatch, 5.03.

His heart hammered loudly against his chest, his breath staggered. As memories flashed before his eyes he felt his blood run cold.

 5.04.

 His grip on the fabric of his jacket tightened dramatically. He took a deep breath clenching and unclenching his fists as he bit his lip harshly. It’s been too long already.

5.05.

Jongin bit his lip as a lone tear had escaped his stinging eyes.

 ‘’I’m sorry. I’m so so sorry…’’ His heart rate quickened as he shut his eyes. ‘’I’m sorry’’

It’s sad, really, how someone who created your best memories with you slowly turns into a memory as well. People say that the bad memories are the most painful ones, but what about the good ones?

The ones that you were happily living in, the ones that made you laugh ‘till your stomach hurt. What about those? How can’t that be painful? How can you live on knowing that all those times you were having fun will never happen a second time?

5.06. Jongin lay down on the bench. His eyes traced the carving on the bench slowly. How long has it been since he made a line askew? He looked over at the other end of the bench. Year 2008, three skewed lines. The rest were straight. He breathed out from his nostrils and closed his eyes.

‘’why are you carving lines on the bench?’’ a curious little Jongin asked as he looked over the shoulder of the person squatting In front of said bench before him.

‘’Oh aren’t you a nosey one’’ Jongin dodged the prying hands on his face, giggling cutely.

‘’One line askew presents one of the days I spend my time with a smile on my face’’ The person smiled before ruffling Jongin’s soft hair.

Meeting Jongin’s questioning eyes, the person sighed before explaining further,

‘’It means I’m happy, Jongin’’ Said boy nodded, his mouth slightly agape.

‘’What about the straight lines over there?’’

‘’That would mean I’m sad, Jonginnie’’

Jongin looked up at the figure and grinned cheekily before hugging the person tightly.

‘’You’ll never be sad with a big man like me around, okay?’’

‘’Alright big boy. Come, let’s get you some ice cream’’

 

Jongin’s eyes fluttered open as he felt something cold and wet come in contact with his sensitive skin. He blinked a couple of times and looked at his surroundings. He was still in the park, he observed. He checked his wrist, 9:00 am. He had missed two classes already.

Jongin picked himself up, and walked out of the park, but not before taking a last glance at the lone park bench. He continued towards the school, as he was already late; it wouldn’t hurt if he came a little later than he already was, right?

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes were glued to the window all morning. The teachers would comment this bluntly, but Kyungsoo’s mind was somewhere else. Where was Jongin? Why did he leave? Did something happen? The questions circulated around his head all morning. Maybe he had scared Jongin away? No, he couldn’t have. He didn’t do anything strange after all, did he?

Kyungsoo breathed out through his nose and watched as leaves were carried slowly away by the wind from the trees, and hit the ground soundlessly. He his chapped lips and closed his doe eyes for a minute. He opened his eyes again in hope to see if Jongin was entering school, like in the dramas. He wasn’t there. He closed his eyes a second time, like in stories when the first time won’t work. He opened them again. Nope. He sighed and finally drew his attention to the lesson. 

That’s when he noticed someone sitting right next to him. He turned his head towards none other than the Kim Jongin he was looking for. Jongin was already staring at him before Kyungsoo had turned around, though he didn’t bother flicking his eyes to another space.

Kyungsoo didn’t know if he should smile or greet him, so they stood still, both staring at one another.

Jongin opened his mouth to speak though no words came out. Kyungie couldn’t help the frown of disappointment appearing slightly on his delicate face. He literally saved his life the other day. He shook his head. Kyungsoo, remember you don’t know him. He felt his heart tighten the same painful way as before.

He turned around to stare out the window again when Jongin suddenly held his hand as a gesture to stop. Jongin let go of Kyungsoo’s hand as soon as he had regained his full attention.

Kyungsoo sent a questioning look at Jongin casually, despite the wild beating of his heart and tingly sensation in his stomach. Jongin continued staring at him for a long while before shaking his head dismissively. Kyungsoo bit his lip and turned to look out the window again.

Though he didn’t see Jongin, he could feel a pair of eyes staring him down. He his dried lips again and closed his eyes. Why am I so nervous? Calm down! Kyungsoo let his hand hold onto the left side of his chest where his heart was beating rapidly. Stop it… Please… okay, I’m going to-

‘’Is there a problem Do Kyungsoo? You seem to be dozing off a lot today. That’s very unusual of you’’ The teacher spoke through her layer of hot pink lipstick. The class laughed, and Kyungsoo sank down in his seat. ‘’No, miss.’’

He heard a scoff next to him, and turned slightly towards Jongin.

And you dare to make any sounds?

 

 

The bell rang, signaling lunch time. Kyungsoo practically flew out of the classroom. The tension was too much for him to handle. He walked up towards the roof top and pushed the squeaky metal door up to be welcomed with fresh air. He sat down, leaning at the railing as he brought his backpack on his thighs and fished out his double lunch pack and put the extra one in the box beside of him. He ate his sandwich quietly as he enjoyed the clear view of the ocean blue sky.

After eating his lunch, he stared at the other one beside of him. Pfft. I even made lunch for him.

He stood up and put the lunch in his backpack, then walked down the stairs.

I’ll just throw it… What a waste of good food.

As he stood on the last step of the stairs, he halted to a stop. Tilting his head he had a clear view of Jongin holding onto his stomach as it growled back at him. Kyungsoo giggled softly.

This is like one of those cheesy dramas.

He watched as Jongin walked through the empty hallway, and into the boy’s washroom. Kyungsoo walked into the hallway and looked around, before jogging towards the washroom and placing the wrapped up sandwich there.

Just as it touched the floors, a loud CLICK was heard. Kyungsoo let out a gasp and grabbed the closest door, sprinted in, and hid in there with his ear pressed against the thin door.

He stayed there a few seconds before he heard a flushing sound and girls screaming.

‘’A BOY’S IN HERE!!’’ Kyungsoo widened his eyes and rubbed his neck sheepishly. His cheeks were crimson red and he looked at the ground. ‘’get out of here you ert!’’ A girl pushed him out.

Kyungsoo stumbled and fell with his on the ground first.

‘’Ahh’’ He bit his lip and looked around to see if anyone saw him falling out of a ing girls bathroom. He sighed in relief as he didn’t spot anyone, because honestly that would’ve been pretty embarrassi –

‘’Uhm’’

Kyungsoo looked up with wide eyes.


comments are looved. :D so what did you like/dislike about this chapter? What could I've done better? anyway, hope you enjoyed!