Chapter 7- Guilty (Part 2)

Only You

“YOU!! WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME THAT KRIS IS INJURED!! DIDN’T YOU SEE ME WHEN YOU TWO WERE IN MY ROOM??!!” I felt a sudden rush of anger and disbelief towards them, why they didn’t tell me about Kris? I could see that they were all shocked by my shout. I didn’t expect myself to shout either, sorry guys.

“We’re sorry hyung. We just didn’t want to make you worry if you knew. Besides, I thought that you guys were fighting, so even if I told you about this, you might not have cared at all.” Sehun looked down at his feet as he mumbled an apology to me, and so did Kai.

“STUPID! I will be worried for sure! How can I not care about Kris? I won’t allow the person I love to suffer alone in pain, no matter how angry I am. Why don’t you guys ever understand?? Give me the first-aid box now!” I’m mixed in between the feelings of anger, annoyance and worry. Kyungsoo was frozen to his feet after hearing me say “the person I love”. Haah, one more person will soon be aware about our relationship then.

I grabbed some alcohol and cotton to sterilize the wounds on Kris’s arms and legs. There were so many of them.. I looked at him, he touched his chest and coughed. Again, I didn’t know what exactly happened to him, but my tears wouldn’t stop flowing. I felt that this was all my fault, I regretted my decision earlier on for not agreeing to talk to him. This might not have happened then.

“Xiao Lu, hey…why are you crying again.. it doesn’t hurt as much as it seems..” Kris wiped my tears again, and smiled a forceful smile at me. And then he coughed, I knew he was lying.

“Don’t force yourself, and don’t talk. Endure it for a bit longer, it will be gone soon.” I didn’t want him to use up too much energy talking to me, he was so weak right now.

“Aahhh!! Luhan, it’s sore..” Kris grimaced as I cleaned a quite big bruise on his arm, it made me want to cry again. It was agonizing to see him injured. After finished cleaning up his wounds, I hugged him, and let the restrained tears fall from my eyes. Kyungsoo must be so confused by now. I’m sorry Kyungsoo, I’ll explain everything to you later. I felt Kris’s hand patting my back, but he didn’t say anything. God, I hope he was fine.

“Kris.. I’m sorry.” I apologized in between my sobs, I felt guilty for ignoring him the entire day and refusing to talk to him because of my own selfish thinking. I was indeed disappointed and angry at him, but I shouldn’t have ignored him, it could be a missunderstanding though. Aahh... Luhan stupid! I was afraid that something bad might happened to him, so I unconsciously tightened my hug. Being in his arms always made me comfortable, but not now. Right now I could only feel worry and anxiety.

“What for? It’s not your fault, I was the one being uncareful. Dont be afraid, I’ll be fine. And please don’t cry, you know that I don’t like to see you cry, right?” Kris said, his voice almost as soft as a whisper, telling me that everything will be alright. But i was really scared for Kris. I knew that his wounds wasn’t life threatening of course, but I’ve never seen him like this before, and I was so afraid that his wounds would turn serious anytime.

Author’s POV

“Kyungsoo hyung, Doctor Kim said he just left the hospital and he will be here soon.” Sehun quickly added, trying to direct his attention away from Kris and Luhan.

“Eh, oh.. what? What are you saying Sehun-ah?” Kyungsoo stuttered an answer, as he was daydreaming a little before that.

“I said, Doctor Kim will give us a visit, he’s on his way now. What are you thinking about Hyung?” Sehun actually knew the answer already, but he kept asking so that Kyungsoo would eventually stop staring at Luhan, who was still hugging Kris at the moment.

“Ahh~ ne, that’s..good. We will have to wait for him then. I’m going to pour some water for Kris.” Kyungsoo awkwardly walked away, without answering Sehun’s question.

“Lu..” Lay called, right after Kyungsoo was gone.

“Hmm..” Luhan hummed without even turning to look at Lay.

“Stop hugging him like that. Don’t you see the way Kyungsoo was looking at you two? Besides, Kris might be uncomfortable if you hug him that tightly.” Lay said softly to Luhan. He understood and knew how Luhan might feel, but it wasn’t quite the right time to let his emotions run over himself, unless he was ready to let Kyungsoo know about their relationship.

“You’re right Lay. I’m sorry Kris.” Luhan exclaimed, releasing his grip on Kris’s shoulders.

“I’m fine, I’m actually glad that you are hugging me right now. Does that mean you’re no longer angry at me, Xiao Lu?” Kris asked, holding Luhan’s hand.

“I’m not angry Kris, I’m fine” Luhan lied, he wasn’t exactly fine, he was disappointed and a little angry at Kris, but he had to lied, for the sake of his condition.

“I’m sorry Xiao Lu. Everything is my fault. I know that you’re disappointed. But i didn’t meant to do that, everything is so unpredictable. I’ll explain to you for sure.” Kris knew that even though Luhan told him he was fine, he must still have minded it a lot.

“Kris, I said I’m fine. No need to feel guilty. And I believe you, so you don’t have to explain anything to me.” Luhan smiled, reassuring him that he was fine. And yea~ he is Luhan, once he felt guilty, he would never think about his own feelings. He didn’t want to experience regret for the second time, he better not let it happen again, he thought.

“Hyung, here.. drink it!” Kyungsoo returned, handing Kris a glass of water.

“Thanks Kyungsoo-ya.” Kris thanked Kyungsoo and smiled at him.

“It’s nothing, hyung. Oh! And Doctor Kim will be arriving soon right, I think it’s better if you moved to your room so that it would be more comfortable when he checks you.”

“Ahh, you’re right hyung! Kris hyung, I’ll help you.” Kai said, helping Kris to stand up and walk him to his room alongside with Sehun. Lay opened the door and made Kris’s bed. Meanwhile Kyungsoo and Luhan walked after them. They laid Kris down on his bed right after they reached his room.

“Is your leg injured as well??” Luhan said, moving closer to check on Kris’s legs. He was afraid that Kris might have broken his leg because he was limping when he walked.

“I think I strained my ankle. Anyway, Kai and Sehun, thank you so much, I don’t know what I’ll do if you guys were not there.” Kris didn’t seem to care too much about his ankle.

“No problem hyung. I feel bad though, I think I’m the cause for your accident..” said Sehun as he bowed his head. Luhan looked at Sehun in confusion.

“It’s okay Sehunnie, it’s not your fault. I’m the one who’s careless. And Kyungsoo, thanks for taking care of me and cleaning all my wounds. You’re the best!” Kris said smilingly, sticking a thumbs up as he looked at Kyungsoo.

“I’m glad you’re fine.” Kyungsoo looked back at Kris and smiled too. Luhan looked at Kris and Kyungsoo, who were sharing an eye contact. He pursed his lips loudly in disapproval. Kris could just smile when he looked at Luhan.

“Ne, yeoboseyo…” Sehun picked up his phone.

“…………….”
“Ahh, Doctor Kim. Ne, okay, please wait for a moment.” It was Doctor Kim.

“Hyung deul, Doctor Kim is in front of our dorm now. I’ll go and bring him up.” Sehun announced, walking out of the room.

Cklek!

“Anyeonghaseyo.” Doctor Kim greeted.

“Ahh, anyeonghaseyo Doctor Kim. Sorry for taking so long.” Sehun said politely and bowed.

“It’s alright, Sehun-ssi.” Doctor Kim smiled. Doctor Kim is a kind person, he’s EXO’s private doctor since a year ago, and he knows EXO members well. He is only 30 years old, a young doctor.

“Sorry for troubling you, Doctor, to ask you to come at this hour. But Kris hyung fell down and he got some pretty bad wounds, and we couldn’t send him to the hospital in his state.”

“It’s alright Sehun, you called me right when I was heading home, so I’m dropping by on my way there. Where is Kris?”

“Ahh, really? It’s a relief then. Kris hyung is in his room, shall we go there now?”

“Yes, where’s the room?” asked Doctor Kim.

“Ahh, this way please.”

“Hyung, Doctor Kim is here” Sehun said as they entered Kris’s room.

“Anyeonghaseyo” said Luhan, Lay, Kai and Kyungsoo at the same time. They bowed to the doctor and so did Kris, as he tried to sit up from his current position. He bowed his head lightly, and sort of managed a slight nod. But there was a sudden dizziness that followed, and he ended up bumping his head onto his bed.

“KRIS!” Luhan shouted frantically as he saw Kris fell backward onto his bed while holding his head. Doctor Kim quickly came forward to examine him.

“Kris, are you alright? How do you feel?” Doctor Kim asked Kris, while holding his wrist to check his pulse.

“I’m alright, but the back of my head was hurting a lot when I tried to sit up just now, it’s not that painful now.” Kris explained. Luhan was still gripping onto Kris’s left hand anxiously.

“Dizzy? Kris, did you pass out right after your fall?” Doctor Kim asked again while taking his stethoscope out from his bag, wearing it over his neck and checking Kris’s heartbeat.

“Emhh, I don’t quite remember.. but I don’t think I did. Sehun-ah, did I?” Kris asked Sehun instead, he felt like he couldn’t really remember the accident well.

“No hyung, you didn’t.” Sehun answered firmly.

“Ok. Do you feel nausea? And, umm...any other parts of your body that is really hurting a lot?” Doctor Kim asked.

“Emhh,, nope. I’m fine. It’s only the back of my head. My legs hurt, but I think that’s from the tumble earlier on. And I also feel sleepy.. haha.” Kris answered a little jokingly and yawned.

“Tumble? How come?” Doctor Kim was shocked upon hearing that, and also by the way how Kris seemed to be trying very hard to recall the incident, as if it was something that had happened a week ago.

“Emhh, I think I fell down from a flight of stairs. But I’m not sure though, I don’t even remember how I fell..” Kris really couldn’t remember the incident that happened to him just an hour ago.

“You can’t remember the chronological order of the incident?”

Kris shook his head as an answer.

“Let me explain it.” Kai spoke up. “We were on our way to the market at that time, and Kris hyung was walking in front of us. He wasn’t paying attention to his surroundings and bumped into several pedestrians. We were worried, so we called him when he was walking up the stairs. He turned his head, but he didn’t keep his balance so he tripped and ended up tumbling down from the stairs. I felt really bad, I think it was because of our shout.” He lowered his head towards the end of his explanation, and so did Sehun. Luhan dilated his eyes in disbelief at everything that Kai has said, as Kris wasn’t the careless type.

“Oh.. so that was what happened, I really can’t remember it right now.” Kris said. It was strange that he was the one not remembering it, as if it wasn’t him that fell from the stairs.

“That’s right hyung. I’m sorry for shouting your name like that, I shouldn’t have done that.” Sehun said guiltily and looked like he was about to cry. Lay hugged his shoulder, giving him a “you shouldn’t blame yourself” look.

“It’s ok sehunnie, don’t be sorry. I think I’m in the wrong too because I was careless.. Humm, but I can’t really remember what was I thinking about at that time..” Kris reassured Sehun, as he didn’t want their crybaby crying.

“Hmm...Kris, are you still feeling sleepy?” Doctor Kim asked, jotting something down on his notebook. He then continued to examine the wounds on Kris body, and his strained ankle.

“Emhh, nope.” answered Kris. After a closer examination, Doctor Kim has managed to come to a conclusion. He took a bottle of drugs from his bag, took out a pill and gave it to Kris.

“Here, drink it first. It’s a painkiller, I hope it can alleviate the pain on your body.” Kris drank the pill right away, and the next minute he was asleep.

“Everyone, let’s talk outside.” Doctor Kim led them into the living room. They formed a standing circle but Lay soon realized that Luhan didn’t follow. He was still in the room, staring at Kris as he sleeps on and wondering what exactly had happened to this person that he loved so dearly.

Lay went back to the room to get Luhan. “Luhan..” He whispered softly and patted Luhan’s shoulder. “Doctor Kim needs to talk to us now, you have to be there to listen.”

Luhan nodded and muttered, “I hope he will be fine, Lay.”

“What happened to Kris, Doctor Kim?” Kyungsoo started the conversation after they were all gathered around in the living room.

“I hope I’m wrong, but I think based on his conditions and the injury on his head, he might have a brain concussion.” Doctor Kim explained.

The members widened their eyes in disbelief.

“MWOOO???”


so, here it is.
finally I can update this story after a quite long time (not that long though kkk >//<)
I didn't realize that this story is became longer than I expected  ><
thanks for all of you guys who subscribed to this story and always wait for an update, I'm so touched.. :')
and many much thanks to my dear friend jj (
MissHeadintheclouds) who helped me a lot on my bad english, love you bb {()} <3
as the last, I'd like to receive any comments from you guys, it makes me happy when I see that orange alert everytime I opened AFF, kkk 

Thank you so much and hope you guys happy reading =D