Chapter 6 - The Accident

Only You

Lay POV
"Where did Luhan go, it's almost 8pm and he's still not here yet, Kris and Tao too. I better call them." I talk to myself while waited for Luhan in front of KBS building
“ehh.. who’s that? Why does he run like that?” I still talked to myself when I was about to take my cell phone to call Luhan and Kris. I couldn’t see clearly, my sight is really bad at night, so I couldn’t guess who was that running man. But he was running to me, is that Luhan? Why does he run like that, and he's..... crying?
Luhan bumped his body to hug me, I was a bit staggered to the back because he suddenly did that.
“Lu, what’s wrong? Why are you crying?” I was confused, I asked Luhan as I patted his trembling back softly. 
“My heart's really hurt Lay” said Luhan with cracked voice
“What’s happening?” I asked him again, afraid that there was something happening to him, but I thought I already know the answer. Luhan didn’t answer me. He hugged me more tight than before and buried his face in my neck, and I could feel his breath on my neck and I was a bit uncomfort with that. You know my neck is sensitive right, but since he was sad, I didn’t do anything, let him be like that for a while, I thought. 
“Okay, you don’t have to tell me now if you’re not willing to. But stop crying please, the broadcast will be starting in a few minutes. They will be confused if they see you with swollen eyes” I still patted his back. And slowly Luhan released his hug on me and tried stop his tears, despite the sob which was still coming out from his mouth.
“Come on, I'll accompany you to the washroom. You have to wash your face so your eyes won’t get swollen” I embraced his shoulder and we went to the washroom.

I waited outside when Luhan washed his face. I decided to call Kris.

“…………?”

“Kris, where are you”
“……………..” Kris said he was at the park, and if he was with Tao, then my allegation was right.
“Did you see Tao?”
“……………..” bingo!! I guessed it right! Tao was with Kris at the park. And it seemed that Luhan saw the two of them together accidentally, that’s why he said his heart hurt. You’re really stupid Kris!
“Hurry comeback, the broadcast will be starting in 7 minutes”
“……………….” I ended my call to Kris right after Luhan came out from the washroom


“Feel better?” I asked Luhan and he just nodded.
“Smile then. I know maybe it’s way too hard for you, but you have to forget all your problem for a while and act professionally like there’s nothing happening. I really worried seeing you like this. Promise me you’ll be fine Lu.” I smiled to him, and grabbed his shoulder, to encourage him. I know it was really hard for him, but he just misunderstood everything. I really didn’t like that he felt hurt just because of a misunderstanding. I could tell him the truth, but I didn’t want to do that for now. Let Kris solve this problem with his own way. But that didn't mean I wouldn’t help him. I would help him with all my ability, they’re my bestfriends. I would do anything to make them make up.
“I’m ok Lay, I’ll be fine” Luhan showed his adorable smile to me, and I hoped he's really fine.
“Okay then, let’s go” we left the washroom and walked to broadcast room. 
When we came in, the other EXO members sat on their position, Ryeowook sunbae was already there too. There were 4 empty seats left when we came in. 1 in Ryeowook sunbae’s right side, and 3 in his left side, with 2 seat in the front row and 1 in the back row. I was about to take Luhan to sit next to me on the seat beside Kyungsoo, but then I remembered that Kris had a performance with Kyungsoo tonight, so I left those seat and sat in the back row with Sehun, Baekhyun and Kai, while Luhan decided to sat next to Chanyeol, Chen and Xiumin in the left side of Ryeowook hyung. Not long after we sat, Kris and Tao came, they were panting while bowing to Ryeowook hyung, they seemed tired because they were running here. They sat between Suho and Kyungsoo on the 2 empty seat left, they sat next to each other. Ahh, I’m sure that wasn’t a good view for Luhan, because I saw him bow his head right after Kris and Tao sat. 
5 minutes later, the broadcast started.

Author POV

Time went by so fast, it had been 1 and half hour passed, and Sukira broadcast was over. Luhan and Kris who had a problem, tried to look so professional during the broadcast. Kris looked like he didn't bother his problem, he remembered Lay’s words that he is a leader, and he had to act like a leader at least in front of camera. His performed with Chanyeol and Kyungsoo went well, and he seemed to enjoy it, he talked with Kyungsoo occasionally. And so did Tao, he looked happy because he accompanied Kris to walk around before. During the broadcast, he kept talking to Kris, they even swapped the hat they wore. Luhan who sat right in front of them had to watch that scenery unavoidably. Kris seemed not realize that Luhan was staring at them the whole time, Kris looks not bothered by Tao who kept talking to him as he wanted all of Kris’s attention just for him, and Luhan really didn’t like that. 
Luhan then decided to talk with Chanyeol rather than staring at Kris and Tao, they laughed sometimes. And Kris was in the same condition with Luhan before, he had to watch that view, and that made him annoyed. Kris didn’t like that. 

All the way back to dorm, Kris didn’t talk much, he looked like he was thinking about something. Lay who sat next to Kris, didn’t interrupt him for now, he let Kris thought about the way to make up with Luhan. Later when Kris asked for his help, he would give his opinion, he thought. 

@EXO’s Dorm, KrisLay room 00.30 KST

Author POV
“Kris, have you thought the way to convince Luhan that everything happened today was just misunderstanding?” Lay asked Kris as he came out from the bathroom.
“Not yet, I don’t know what to do Lay. I don’t even know whether he wants to talk to me now or not” answered Kris as he walked , approaching his bed and lied his body down
“hmmm, I see. Okay, let’s think of a way together, but I want to take a bath first” said Lay as he walked in to the bathroom
“Okay” said Kris. He seemed not passionate. His eyes closed, but he didn’t sleep. He was thinking about something, his Luhan, of course. 
It had been a habit for Lay to spend about to 30 minutes in the bathroom when he took a bath at night, and Kris knew that. He felt hungry and thirsty, so he decided to looking for some food in the kitchen while he waited for Lay to finish taking a bath.
Kris opened the refrigerator as he arrived in the kitchen, and took his favorite drink, cola. But he didn’t find any food there, and forcedly ,he had to go to the minimarket to buy some food.
In the other room, Luhan who felt the same with Kris, hungry, also walked to the kitchen. His step stopped at kitchen door when he saw that Kris was in the kitchen too. Then he decided to back to his room before Kris realized his presence there. but it was too late, Kris already saw Luhan. 
“LUHAN, WAIT!” Kris chased Luhan who immediately walked keeping away from the kitchen. Luhan didn’t stop his step when he heard Kris shouted his name, he didn’t want to talk or even meet Kris now. Finally, Kris quicken his step to chased Luhan and stopped right in front of him. And Luhan was forced to stop because Kris was right in front of him and blocked his way back to his room. 
“Luhan, we need to talk. There’s something I want to explain to you” Kris ventured to speak to Luhan. He had to ended all of this damn misunderstanding.
“I’m tired Kris, let’s talk later. Ok?” Luhan who still annoyed towards Kris tried to avoid Kris who asked him to talk, he's afraid that if anything he's thinking was true. That means that was what Kris wants to talk about, something bad for them, he thought. He pushed Kris's body who blocked his way and continued to walk to his room.
“Luhan! Please…” Kris grabbed Luhan’s wrist as Luhan walked again
“Let me go Kris! I’m really tired, with everything. I don’t wanna talk to you for now!” Luhan removed Kris’s hand roughly. And run as fast as he can before Kris chased him again.
“LUHAN! Aargghh!!” Kris growled and amain punched the wall in front of him because he was angry towards himself who made Luhan became so angry at him, and he got his hand swollen as it punched the wall. 
“Damn!” Kris murmured to himself. He wiped his face frustratedly, thinking about Luhan’s act towards him just now. 
He wasn’t angry anymore, it changed to sad, worried, and afraid feeling. He's sad because his Luhan didn’t want to talk to him. He's worried that Luhan might always act like that to him. He's afraid that if their relationship would end because of this misunderstanding and his dumbness. 
Finally, Kris decided to go outside, stay in the room waited for Lay with those feeling wouldn’t be good for him, he must get some fresh air to clear his mind, that had been a habit for him. With sufficiently disguise, Kris walked to go outside.

“Hyung, where are you going?” Kris’s step stopped when he heard someone called him, it was Kai. He was with Sehun, and it seemed that they were about to go outside too, it can be guessed by their disguise, both of them were wearing hat, specs, and shawl.

“I’ll go to the minimarket, buy some food. And you?” lied Kris while he looked at Sehun and Kai alternately. He was an introvert person actually, he would never tell what he felt to anybody, except Lay and Luhan.
“Ohh, that’s good. We will going to minimarket too. Let’s go together “ said Kai
“Ok” Kris agreed and continue walked, Kris were walking first then Sehun and Kai followed him several step behind.
The minimarket is in front of their dorm, across the road, so they had to use the overpass to reach that minimarket. Kris walked with his head bowed, he looked so not focused because of what happened between him and Luhan before, luckily there wasn’t too many people that night, so he wouldn’t bump other people with his careless walks. 
“Kai, look at that. This is the first time I see Kris hyung acting like that” said Sehun to Kai while he kept his attention to Kris who bowed to an old man because Kris crashed him accidentally until he fell, see? 
“You’re right Sehunnie, it seems that this misunderstanding didn't just gave a big impact to Luhan hyung, but also to Kris hyung. Poor him, kajja..” said Kai, and then he grabbed Sehun’s hand and with a little run they approached Kris who was quite far in front of them.
“HYUNG!” Sehun shouted so that Kris who already reached 6th stair and he stopped walking and waited for them, but that shout made Kris startled and immediately look back and he didn't stop his steps

Brukk!!!

"KRIS HYUNG!!! oh No!!!" Kai shouted as he saw what happened to Kris.

 


alright, that's all for now..

sorry for take a long time to update,, hhe

thanks to everyone who support this story, esp. eisley22 (big hug for all of you guys ><)

enjoy the story.. =)