Taking Care Of My Health

Losing Him

The room was empty when I woke up. No nurses, no doctors, and the TV was off. The room seemed so small, and too quiet. I felt the familiar oxygen tube in my nose. Just then, a nurse walked in and walked to me. "I can take this off you now." And she gestured to the oxygen tubes on my face. "Okay." but it came out as raspy. "Try not to talk so much. All the coughing hurt your throat. This might hurt." and she oulled the tape off of my hose, and pulled out the tubes.

She handed me atissue and I rubbed my irritated nose with it. "Are they still here?" I whispered. she seemed to know who I was talking about. "Yes. I'll get them." and she disappeared from the room and my sights. I was so glad they wouldn't see me hooked up to that ridiculous machinge anymore. But at least I could breath properly now. Even though I still had a cough.

I let out a big cough, when the door opened. I laid my head back on the pillow. Kyung was the first to come to me. Followed by Jaehyo.

"How you feeling?" Kyung asked, standing next to me. "My chest still hurts." I patted my chest through the ugly hospital gown. "You sound terrible." Minhyuk jokingly tried to lighten the mood. "You scared us so bad!" Jaehyo said, barely taking my hand in his. In a comforting way though. I just smiled at him, but had to look away quickly. I covered my face with my elbow, and released another cough. I started to tear up, from it hurting.

"I'm sorry." I whispered to them all. Managing to smile at them all. They all still looked worried. "Why don't you carry an inhaler?" Yookwon asked, from somewhere in the group. "I haven't needed it since I was 13." I wiped the falling tears away. They didn't seem  to notice them. Good.

"I see," Yookwon trailed off. "They want to keep you through the night. Then we'll come get you in the morning." Jaehyo smiled at me. "Okay. I'm really tired." and they took my hint, and one by one left me alone. and sleep took away from the pain.

~~~

"We'll take good care of you!" Kyung excitedly said, helping me out of their van. And they all walked close to me, when we got in the elevator.

"Make yourself at home. There's food in the kitchen. The bathroom is there." I pointed to the kitchen, then to the bathroom door in the hallway. "Okay." and they took me at my word. But they were still so polite to me and my apartment. They sat in front of the TV, as I stumbled to the bedroom. And slung myself face first onto the bed.

It bounced when I did this, but it didn't bother me too much. I wasn't tired, just sore. My voice was back. And the burning was gone. But my chest still tingled from going that long without air.

The door opened, but I didn't see who came in. I turned over and sat up, on the edge of the bed. "Hi." it was Kyung that had come in. He fully shut the door behind himself. And joined me on the bed, I lay back. The bed moving again, and he stayed seated. And there was an awkward silence in the room for some time.

"Do you like Jaehyo?" he blantly asked. "Of course I like him." I smiled at him, but he wasn't smiling back. "Do you like me?" he still wouldn't look at my face. So I couldn't tell if he was okay or not. "I like you alot." I said. And I meant it. I had developed feelings for him. But then I still had feelings for both Jiho and Jaehyo.

"Do you think he would be mad, if I asked you out on a date?" he chuckled a little at himself. And finally made eye contact with me. Turning his body completely around on the bed, to fully face me. "No." was all I could say. then it looked like he was thinking about something. Then he broke the silence again.

"Would you go on a date with me?" he asked, putting his hand on mine on the bed. "I would love too." and he finally cracked a smile. And I couldn't help but laugh and smile back. "Really?" he asked, confirming the obvious. "Tomorrow?" he asked. "Sure." I was one-wording him again. But it didn't matter now.

"Okay. Well, we're here to take care of you. So come and eat something." He grabbed m hand and dragged me from the bed. And let go of my hand, when we came into the others view. Taeil was cooking something in the kitchen. Smelled really good. I had been living off of hospital food for the past  night, I needed some normal food in my stomach.

The warm soup trickled down my still kind of raw throat. But didn't burn it, it felt good. It warmed my chest. "This is good." I said to Taeil, who was sitting on the other side of the coffee table. 'Thank you." and he just continued slurping at his bowl. And I smiled, shoving more of it in my mouth. 

"You guys should get home." I said, after washing the dishes with Jihoon. "See you later. call us if you need anything." Jaehyo said hugging me tightly. And they all left, and Kyung stopped in the doorway. And turned to me, his hand stopping me from shutting the door. "Pick you up tommorow at 8." he smiled, and quickly leaned towards me. And kissed my cheek. I really liked it when he did this. 

I just nodded and he joined the others, waitinf on the elevator. I laid the inhaler, the doctor gave me on the nightstand. And buried myself in the blankets and pillows. And actually fell to sleep.

Kyung's POV

I was glad she was okay. Glad she said yes to going out with me tommorow night. And glad she seemed to like me too. Jaehyo was smiling at me, Minhyuk and Yookwon were playing rock paper scissors. Jihoon and Taeil were just small talking. And Jiho didn't say anything. He hasn't said anything in nearly two days.

I guess he felt kind of betrayed. I would too. If two of my best frineds, were going out on dates with my ex-girlfriend. But I really like her. Even before, they broke up. So, he could  it up and accept it. He left her alone, me and Jaehyo filled that empty space. He'd get over it soon.

I hope! I didn't want or need him mad at me right now. I cared for both him, and her. And when he was furious, it wasn't pretty for whoever it was aimed at. And I hoped it wouldn't be towards me or Jaehyo.