Rumors

I Have A Twin Brother? (Hiatus)

8:30 AM. It was a bright, Tuesday morning. Taemin was already at the school gates, happy that he was able to make it early.

"Oh, good morning, Mr. Lee," said the principal, who happened to be standing by the gate. "It's nice to see that you're doing fine... I heard that you were almost late yesterday?" Taemin scratched his head and looked down, embarrassed.

"I'm sorry sir, I didn't mean to," said Taemin, bowing in front of him. The principal chuckled.

"It's fine, it's fine. I was just concerned. Are you sure everything's okay? Maybe something's bothering our top student?" Taemin blushed.

"Nothing, sir," said Taemin as he smiled.

"Good," said the principal. "Off you go then." Taemin bid him goodbye and walked towards his classroom. When he arrived in the classroom, his friends, Jonghyun, Minho, Key, and Onew, swarmed around him.

"Taemin! Are you okay?" said Onew. Key touched Taemin's forehead.

"Did you have a fever last night?" asked Key.

"I thought you were going to go straight to your apartment after class," said Minho.

"Taemin, if you were tired, you could have just went with us to Minho's and you could have rested there!" said Jonghyun.

"Woah, woah, WOAH," said Taemin. "What's with all the questions?"

"Make it clearer," said Onew to Jonghyun.

"What exactly did you do yesterday after you left school?" asked Jonghyun slowly.

"Umm, after school? I went to my apartment," said Taemin, confused. "Why?"

"You went straight to your apartment?" repeated Jonghyun.

"Yeah...?"

"You didn't go anywhere else? Like maybe the...gym? Or..."

"The alleys?" asked Key. Taemin stared at them, very confused.

"Why would I be in an alley?" The others exchanged looks.

"So it wasn't him," said Minho, shocked.

"Wait, wha--"

"Taemin," said Jonghyun, gripping his shoulders. "You have to believe us. We saw a guy sleeping in the alley... And he looked exactly like you." Taemin stared at him, his face not believing any of it.

"I'm...not sure if I follow," said Taemin slowly.

"It's true Taemin, you have it believe us," said Key. "There was this guy in a jacket wearing a cap that looked exactly like you... Almost like he was your twin brother or something." Taemin grew silent, not sure what to say.

"Why don't we all go to my house after class?" suggested Minho, breaking the silence. "We can play video games again."

"Oh, and we can pass by that alley again," said Onew. "We might be able to show Taemin what we meant."

"So, you up to it?" asked Jonghyun. "You said you'd be able to come today."

"...Okay..." said Taemin. "I'll go." Everybody cheered.

"Yes! Okay, we'll go right away after class," said Minho. Everybody else nodded.

---

When the bell rang, the boys immediately dragged Taemin and started walking towards Minho's house.

"What the--? What's the hurry?" asked Taemin.

"Just come," said Jonghyun, dragging him. When they arrived in the alley, they found it empty.

"Soooo, where's my 'twin brother'?" said Taemin sarcastically.

"He was here yesterday," said Onew.

"Maybe he'll come out later," said Key, trying to look inside the deeper part of the alley. "Let's just wait."

"Are you s​erious? We're going to wait for him?" said Taemin. Nobody answered him and continued staring at the alley, hoping something would appear. Taemin sighed and looked around. Suddenly, he saw a milk tea shop nearby. With nothing better to do, Taemin silently went inside the shop and went to buy milk tea.

---

"Jongin. Wake up."

The guy slowly opened his eyes. He saw an old man standing in front of his bed, annoyed.

"What is it," he mumbled sleepily. The old man pointed out the window.

"Friends of yours?" he asked impatiently. Jongin got up and looked out the window. He saw Minho, Jonghyun, Key, and Onew standing there, chatting. Great, he thought. What now?

"Tell them to keep it down, will you? They're so noisy," said the old man.

"I'll take care of it," muttered Jongin as he put on his jacket and cap and went out. He started walking towards them. Before he even got the chance to open his mouth, Key noticed him.

"Yah, guys! It's that guy!" Key said, pointing at Jongin.

"Why are you here?" said Jongin, clearly pissed off.

"Well, we have a friend here-- wait, where's Taemin?" said Minho, looking around.

"He was with us just awhile ago," said Onew, confused.

"Let me get this straight -- you guys came here to my alley just to let me meet a friend of yours?" spat Jongin. He scoffed and turned away. "I think you should get going. You're really noisy, I can hear you from the inside." And with that, he left.

---

When Taemin arrived in school the next day, everybody for some reason was staring at him.

"There's Taemin."

"Are you sure it was really him?"

"There's no doubt. Just look at the picture."

"I didn't know Taemin was like that..."

"Hey, Taemin," said Jonghyun as he approached him.

"Oh, hyung, what's up?" Jonghyun stuck out the newspaper in front of him.

"This was on today's newspaper," said Jonghyun. Taemin read the headlines. 'Grocery Gets Robbed by a Group of Men'. Below the title was a huge picture that was supposedly taken by one of the people inside the grocery. In the picture, there were around five men, and one of them looked strangely like Taemin.

"What the..." said Taemin as he looked at Jonghyun. Jonghyun nodded.

"That's the guy we were telling you about." Taemin's eyes trailed back to the picture. The guy looked exactly like Taemin, and he wore a cap and jacket.

"Everybody's now looking at you in a bad light," said Jonghyun.

"But...I didn't do it," said Taemin. "They know I didn't do it." Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. Everybody turned around to see the principal standing by the door.

"Mr. Lee," he said. "My office. Now."

 

 

---

I APOLOGIZE FOR THE LATE UPDATE *bows 90 degrees* School's been tough on me, but now I'm back and ready to write! :D Also, I kinda got discouraged because it seems like nobody's reading my story, but what the hell xD I will make sure to update this story (at least) every week, so please look forward to it ^^ Also, I have new stories coming up :O Yeshhh I hope you read them, I mean, I find them interesting myself xD

 

FIGHTING! xD