The Guy in the Alley

I Have A Twin Brother? (Hiatus)

"Should we tell him?"

"No, he can't know about him. Not now."

"But he deserves to know, he's his b--"

Taemin woke up with a start. He was panting hard, and beads of sweat were forming on his face. He sat up slowly and sighed. He hated that dream. He remembered when he was around 3 years old that he first learned that his parents died in a car accident when he was barely a year old. He learned it from his grandmother and from his grandmother's nurse. What especially ticked him off was that the nurse was supposed to tell him something else, but his grandmother cut her off, saying that it wasn't 'the right time' yet. Taemin wondered when 'the right time' would be, especially since he was already 16.

Taemin swung his legs off the bed and stood up. He stretched.

"It's too quiet," muttered Taemin to himself, looking around his place. When Taemin reached a certain age, his grandmother allowed him to live in his own apartment, but his apartment was only one block away from his grandmother's house. Taemin still made it a point to visit his grandmother every week.

Suddenly, there was a vibrating sound. Taemin looked around and saw his phone vibrating on his bedside table. He sighed and picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Yo, Taemin! What's up?" Taemin groaned.

"What is it, Jonghyun."

"Yah, that's no way to talk to your hyung," Jonghyun scolded.

"Ahm, sorry hyung," said Taemin, rubbing his eyes. "What do you want?"

"Maybe you should try looking at your watch or something?" Taemin glanced over at the digital clock on his bedside table.

"8:30," Taemin read aloud. "So?" Suddenly, Taemin froze.

"Today's Monday -- a schoolday, in case you've forgotten," reminded Jonghyun. "C'mon, the others are waiting for you too."

"Geez..." said Taemin as he put his hand to his face. "Thanks for reminding me, hyung..."

"Yeah, yeah, sure."

---

When Taemin arrived in school, it was already 8:58 AM.

"Oh, you're here!" said Jonghyun as he patted his back.

"How could you forget that today was a schoolday?" asked Key, shocked.

"What the heck were you doing last night?" said Onew.

"I. DON'T. KNOW," Taemin replied, panting from running.

"Don't tell me you had that dream again," said Minho. Taemin gulped. "I knew it."

"It's nothing," said Taemin, avoiding the topic. "I'm fine. Really."

"You sure? It's affecting your sleeping habits already," Minho pointed out.

"Yeah. I'm fine," said Taemin as he smiled at them. "Thanks for the concern."

---

After how many hours, the dismissal bell finally rang.

"Taemiiiiin." Taemin turned around and saw Minho, Jonghyun, Key, and Onew.

"We're going over to Minho's place," said Onew.

"We'll be playing video games, wanna come?" said Minho.

"Nah, I think I'll pass," muttered Taemin.

"What? Why?" asked Key.

"I'm too tired... I think I just want to rest for today." Everybody looked at him, silent. "Maybe... Maybe tomorrow... Okay?"

"You sure you're okay?" asked Jonghyun, worried. "You've been acting weird lately."

"Umm, I'm fine..."

"Okay... See you then." Everybody waved goodbye and left.

---

"You said we were going to take the subway!"

Minho, Jonghyun, Key, and Onew were walking along the sidewalk. They were on their way to Minho's house.

"Yah! Minho!" Key yelled, trying to get Minho's attention. "Can't we take the subway?!"

"No, it's too crowded," Minho said, not looking back. "It's faster this way."

"Besides, Key, at least we get to exercise," said Jonghyun, smiling. Key glared at him.

"Let's play 'I Spy' then," suggested Onew as he looked around. "Umm... I spy... Something dirty."

"You're shoes?"

"What? No!" said Onew, annoyed. "I was referring to the trash can!"

"Fine, fine, my turn," muttered Key as he looked around. His eyes ended up looking into a small dark alley around the corner. He squinted his eyes and saw a dark figure lying on the floor. Key's eyes widened and he stopped walking.

"Key? What's wrong?" asked Jonghyun. Key pointed towards the figure lying on the ground. Everybody stared.

"You... You don't think he's dead, do you?" asked Key slowly.

"Let's find out then," said Minho as he walked slowly towards the figure. The others followed him cautiously from behind. The figure was actually a teenager around their age. He looked more like he was sleeping up close, and he had a cap covering his face.

"Umm, hello...?" said Minho. No answer. Minho cleard his throat. "Umm, hello?" No answer.

"Yah," said Key, lightly kicking the side of he body. The guy groaned and rolled over, causing his cap to fall off. Then, they saw it. His face.

"Taemin?!" Jonghyun yelled, his face looking just as shocked as everyone else. "What are you dong here?!" The guy looked up at him and blinked.

"Who are you...?" he mumbled sleepily as he sat up.

"I thought you stayed behind!" said Onew. He stared at them, confused.

"Wait, what do you mean--"

"And why were you sleeping in an alley?!" Key asked.

"What the HECK are you talking about?!" said the guy, standing up and dusting himself off.

"Taemin, what's gotten into you...?" The guy put his cap on and started walking deeper inside the alley.

"Leave me alone."

"But Taemin, it's dangero--"

"I said, leave me alone." The guy turned around. "And don't you even think about following me." He turned and dissapeared into the darkness of the alley, leaving the boys confused.

 

---

 

First chapter is dooooone! Hope you guys like it ^^ Sorry if it's a little short TT^TT I'll be updating the story maybe this week, so stay tuned.

 

FIGHTING! xD