The Truth

I Have A Twin Brother? (Hiatus)

Taemin and Jongin found themselves sitting on the couch of their grandmother's house. A while ago, Taemin's grandmother had actually hugged Jongin earlier and called him by his name without him introducing himself to her, so it was a good sign.

Just then, their grandmother came in carrying a tray with 2 mugs on it. The smell of hot chocolate suddenly filled the room.

"I never thought this day would come," she said as she set the tray down on the coffee table in front of them and sat down on the couch across them. "I'm so glad that you two finally met."

"Wait, grandma, so you knew about Jongin?" Taemin said, shocked. He looked at Jongin, who wore the same expression as him.

"Well...yes," their grandmother said as she scratched her head. Taemin frowned.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Taemin asked. "You could have told me earlier..."

"I'm sorry, Taemin-ah," she said sadly. "I was waiting for the right time." It then hit Taemin. This was what they were arguing about before, Taemin realized.

"So it's true?" Jongin spoke up, interrupting Taemin's thoughts. "That Taemin and I are..."

"Yes," their grandmother confirmed. "Both of you lived together with your parents...until your parents got into an accident." Taemin and Jongin exchanged looks.

"Until the accident? Didn't you tell me I was barely a year old when they died?" said Taemin.

"Yes, that's true."

"So we weren't separated at birth or anything?"

"No," she replied. "You were separated after the accident."

"Why? What happened?" asked Jongin. Their grandmother turned away.

"I don't think you would want to hear the story," she said quietly.

"We want to," Jongin pressed, determined. "Please...grandma. What happened?" Their grandmother looked at them and saw that both of them were dying to know what happened. She sighed deeply.

"It was a long time ago," she started. "Before you two were born, your dad was a well-know lawyer. One time, he was given a specific case that had something to do with a gang that smuggled drugs who attempted to drug a young man. Your dad was able to give justice to his client, and the gang members were put behind bars. Your dad then married your mom later on, and she gave birth to you two. Everything was okay, and everybody was happy."

One winter night, your dad and your mom came from the grocery when an unknown number called your dad's phone... It was the gang that he put in prison. They threatened him that if he didn't come home immediately to give them money for more drugs, they would go to his house and ransack the place. Your parents panicked, because they left both of you in the house with a babysitter. They rushed back to the house to check if you two were alright, but because they were in such a hurry, the car slipped because of the snow and they crashed into a tree at the side of the road. The damage was severe, and they never got to reach the house. I don't know much of the details, but the next thing we knew, one of you got kidnapped..." She looked over at Jongin. "That baby was you." Jongin blinked, hardly believing what he just heard.

"Grandma," Taemin spoke up. "Are you saying that the people who kidnapped Jongin...were the same people who killed our parents..?" Their grandmother nodded slowly. Both of them were silent. They were speechless. Suddenly, Taemin spoke up.

"I...think I need some air," Taemin mumbled as he tried to stand up, but Jongin grabbed him by the arm.

"You are not leaving me alone in this," Jongin said, yanking him back to his seat.

"But I don't want to hear any more of it," Taemin argued.

"I'm sorry boys, I shouldn't have mentioned anything," she said, sighing.

"No, it's fine really... I'm actually glad that you told us," Jongin said as he stood up. "I...feel like I belong somewhere now." Their grandmother smiled at him.

"Aigoooo Jonginnie, I missed you so much!" she said as she went over to him and pulled him into a hug. Taemin snickered.

"Jonginnie?" he repeated, grinning.

"Oh, that was what I used to call him when you were still babies!" she said, letting go of him and beaming.

"You have got to be kidding me," Jongin groaned.

"Don't get annoyed, Jonginnie~" Taemin teased. Jongin gave him a glare that told him to shut up.

"I'm really glad that you two are together again," their grandmother said, looking teary-eyed. She looked at Jongin. "You better get along with your brother, okay? Same goes for Taeminnie." Taemin cringed.

"Oh," said Jongin, looking at Taemin, who turned red from embarrassment. "Don't worry, I'll get along with Taeminnie~"

"I'll get along with Jonginnie too~"

"Aigo aigo you two are so cute!" their grandmother exclaimed as Taemin and Jongin glared at each other. "Oh, you two didn't yet, right? Have some cookies and hot chocolate, I made them especially for you two." Both of them thanked her and started devouring the food in front of them. While they were eating, Jongin suddenly spoke up.

"Grandma... I have a question."

"What is it?"

"Well," Jongin said glancing at Taemin. "Since Taemin and I are twins... One of us has to be the older one, right?"

"Of course," their grandmother said, smiling. "Taemin's the older one, if I remember it right."

"It was pretty obvious anyway," Taemin said, smirking at Jongin. Jongin glared at him.

"But that doesn't really matter... I think Taemin is just 2 minutes older."

"I'm still older," Taemin said, smiling triumphantly.

"Aiiish shut up Taeminnie."

"You too, Jonginnie."

---

"Why do you think they kidnapped me?" Jongin asked aloud. They already said goodbye to their grandmother, and they were already making their way home.

"Beats me," Taemin muttered.

"I hate them," both of them muttered at the same time. They exchanged looks and started laughing.

"We're weird, you know that?" Taemin said, grinning.

"You don't need to remind me," Jongin said, grinning back at him. Suddenly, he stopped walking. "Oh yeah, Onew told me to bring him some chicken when I get back.

"I swear, that guy eats too much chicken," Taemin muttered as he and Jongin entered the nearest fast food chain. "Maybe I should buy that for our lunch instead so I don't have to cook."

"Sounds good," Jongin said as Taemin went to the counter and bought the chicken. After they bought the chicken, they left the store and started walking to the apartment. Little did they know that someone was spying on them from one of the building rooftops.

"So there's now two of them, huh..." the guy muttered as he removed his binoculars. He smirked. "Well Master will be surprised to hear this."

 

---

 

AFTER MANY YEARS, I HAVE FINALLY MANAGED TO UPDATE!!!

Please don't kill me.

I've been lazy, and I had a hard time making this chapter. I've been having writer's block recently, and it's a big miracle for me to actually produce a full chapter. I need to find some inspiration fast so that I can start making the next chapter, or else I'll be delayed in updating again. T.T

So yes, I'll try my best to not be lazy anymore. So please don't worry anymore my dear subscribers~

Not yet subscribed? Make sure you do if you like my story! :) Upvote it if you want to also. Don't forget to leave comments because I love hearing what you guys think!

Hopefully I won't be late next time.. Byyyeeee~