Glamorous

Glamorous

 

Chapter 3 – Settling In

 

Today I woke up and I didn't remember that I had moved. I was so startled that I woke up in a different environment. I started laughing at that though, after I realized where I was. Now that I am fully awake, I did my morning routine and grabbed my laptop. I began to do research on apartments, jobs, and also to look up the application processes for the different entertainment industries. The application process seemed the same for most industries, I had to email them a sample of either dancing or singing, or both, good thing I had my brother record some stuff for me before I left Los Angeles. I began to email the bigger industries, I emailed SM, JYP, YG, DSP, and Cube. I also looked at smaller agencies, like Orange, KeyEast, CNR, and S Plus. “Ok I am only going to apply to J. TUNE Camp, as a last resort. Remember Eunmi, too much of a distraction there, I can't.” I said to myself as I placed an email to the agency.

I was a huge MBLAQ fan, I didn't consider myself an A+ though, even though my brother thought I was. He was always making fun of me because of that. He claimed that I acted like I was part of the fan base. I, to mess around with him, always told him I was an international A+ then, but I really didn't consider myself part of it. I did always try to support them, by buying their albums online and stuff. Not only them, I was a huge fan of other artists as well and tried to support each, in any way I could. My brother always thought I was a bit crazy because of that. He said I payed too much attention to international artists, then artists from my home. I didn't care much though, hey I liked, what I liked, why should I change. Now that I remembered, I should check the news, so I went on my favorite kpop news site which was allkpop. This was how I kept up in the states, and probably how I would continue to keep up. I checked the new updates, and then logged off. I began making calls for an apartment close to where I was staying. I kept getting placed on hold, and I would wait forever. Just to end up finding out, that they didn't have anything available at the moment.

Oh why, did I move at a bad time. For a minute, I felt bad. Oh well, I would have to stay in the hotel until someone had a place open. They would tell me to check up at the beginning of next month, or at the end of the month. I left my number with everyone I contacted, I really needed to move out of the hotel. As much as I liked it there, I couldn't really call it home, since I wouldn't feel right, moving stuff around. I decided to walk around the stores, to see if anyone was hiring. I also needed to get a part time job at least so that I would be able to support myself. I couldn't expect the bit of money I had saved in the bank to last me forever. So I grabbed my purse and left to the streets. I went around the stores, turning in applications in the places that were hiring. I really hoped I would be able to find a job, hopefully at least that would turn out well. Everyone seemed so friendly there. I really liked Korea, it seemed more peaceful than Los Angeles.

After walking around I decided to get something to eat. Then afterwards I would go buy some stuff for myself. I knew I would have the time, since it wasn't that late. I went and ate at the same restaurant I had entered yesterday. I will always love this restaurant because it brought me the opportunity to meet one of my favorite groups. I truly believe that anything is possible now. I went and ordered my food. I ate, and once I was finished I began to walk around, I needed to shop. The first store I entered was a music store. I just had to get MBLAQ's Mona Lisa album. I totally loved the music video, I was waiting day and night for that release. One of the reasons my brother called me an A+, hey at least I knew he cared enough about me to tease my properly. I bought it and continued walking around. I entered a clothing store, and bought myself a couple of cardigans. I loved cardigans, I preferred wearing those than regular sweaters. Even though I did wear sweaters a lot, but it is summer right now, I am not going to have a possible heat because of that. I continued walking around going in and out of shops buying little things, and then I went to my hotel room. At the end of the day I was tired, so I made a quick call to my brother and went to sleep.

>>Fast Forward to a month afterward>> I am still living in the hotel. I am supposed to start calling again today. Hopefully someone has a room available. I got lucky and found a job at the same restaurant I first entered. I was so happy when I got that job. I guess constantly going made them like me, since I became friends with the restaurant owner. I have fun there too, I like speaking to people. It is extremely awesome when I get to speak English to tourists too. I enjoy communicating with people, and they help me a lot to learn more about the culture, and everyone seems so lively, makes me just want to stay there. I haven't forgotten my original reason to move to Korea though. That is something I haven't forgotten. I checked every day since I emailed them, to see if anyone has responded to my email. I really hope that I get something soon, anything. As soon as I got out of work I went to my hotel room and grabbed my laptop. I began to check my messages, I had like 10 unread messages. Most of them were spam, unimportant messages. One of them was just telling me about my bank account, since I transferred my money from my bank account in America, to one here in Korea.

I pretty much had my stuff settled here in Korea. My brother was proud of me, he said I was finally grown up. As I was deleting my email, I received an email. It was from SM Entertainment. I was so close to deleting it. I couldn't believe my eyes. They were asking me to show up on Friday at 3:00pm for an interview. I was shocked. After I began to jump up and down. I was sooo happy, I didn't believe life could get any better. I was so excited, that when I called my brother, he couldn't understand what I was saying. He was telling me that I could do it, and to not worry. I began to get a little bit of nervous, what if they didn't like me. I decided that if things didn't go well in the end, then it wouldn't matter, I at least knew I had a chance. The rest of the week, I worked at the little restaurant. They knew about my interview Friday, so my supervisor left me off early. As soon as I was done from work I grabbed a taxi and went straight into SME. Once inside I went to the receptionist, and told them about my appointment. They directed me to the 2nd floor, and told me the room number I had to go to. I took the elevator up, and began to look around. The numbering wasn't in the order I thought it would be, it seemed like I was far from the room.

In the hallway I bumped into f(x), and they remembered me. I was shocked when they told me that they had remembered me. We stayed in the hallway chatting a bit, and then they led me to the room. I told them my thanks, and they gave me encouraging words. I ended up exchanging numbers with them. They said that if I needed anything, that I could rely on them. Afterwards I went into the room and they left to practice. I entered and was met by what seemed like a panel of judges. They were sitting around in one end of the table. Once I entered, I introduced myself and they asked me to take a seat. I did, and they began to ask me questions. I answered all of them truthfully, and at the end they asked me to sing for them a bit, which I did. They then told me that they would speak and would talk amongst themselves. They told me that they would contact me to tell me of their decision. I left afterwards and went home. I called my brother to tell him, that I was waiting on their decision now.

The next day I didn't work so I had the day to myself. I did my regular routine, and then went to the gym, since I had to keep myself in shape. After I got home I checked my messages. SM Entertainment, had responded. They decided that I wasn't what they were looking for. I quickly got sadden by the idea, but then I remembered that I had more messages and that one of those messages would be good. I checked the rest of the messages, and they seemed unimportant. That quickly dispelled my good mood. I called my brother to tell him about my bad news, and he told me that I would have another chance, that I shouldn't worry. I agreed and continued to browse information. I was still unable to find a room available for myself. I was worried I wasn't going to be able to find a place to move to. As I was about to log out of my mail. A message came in. It was J. TUNE, and they wanted me to place a second audition. They said that they would email me the information I would need. I was shocked, that was the last placed I sent an email too. I was extremely nervous, that I completely forgot to call my brother. Hopefully I was going to get good news from them.  



 

So I have finally decided on all the girlfriends, and I believe I will be introducing them in the next chapter, so look forward to that. :)