Why Are You Here?

Bus Number 085

 

Onew was normally one to wake up at a respectable hour so that he could get ready to face the day; however, following the visit from the detective he had fallen into such a deep sleep that he didn't even notice when Minho woke up early and left the house quietly. After sleeping less-than comfortably for a while, Onew woke up to an empty home. Searching the entire house, he noticed that Minho had just left without leaving a note. He isn't leaving me, is he? Onew's thoughts ran rampant. He quickly grabbed something from his closet and changed in as little time as possible, before running out of the door and down the street. Minho, where are you? Onew ran and ran until he reached a corner he was all too familiar with- Flaxton. Onew paused to look around hoping for something to show him where Minho could have gone. In the distance he saw a bus turn the corer and that's when it hit him. The 085. Where else would Minho be?
Onew took off running across the street, down an alley, around a few corners and on until finally he saw the next stop he knew the bus would be making. He raced to make it to the bus as it pulled to a stop. Almost out of breath, he managed to jump on the bus just in time. Handing the correct change over to the machine next to the driver he moved towards the same row he had sat in when this all started.
"Minho." Onew's voice stood out against the harsh sounds of the bus as it stayed in it's neutral position. "Minho." Onew tried again when he realized the younger one wasn't listening to him. He took a breath, "Minho, open your eyes." Onew watched as the other one's eyes snapped open.
After a moment's silence Minho finally spoke, "Hyung, why are you here?"
Onew saw a glint behind the younger one's eyes he couldn't recognize and it scared him, ignoring the thoughts that were tugging at the edges of his conscience he sat down next to Minho, "I looked all over this morning thinking that you had run away from me." He never lost eye contact with the other male, "Promise me you won't do anything stupid." Onew didn't know where that came from, but he felt he had to say it, "Please?"
Minho looked into Onew's eyes and saw the sincerity there, "Hyung, I can't promise anything like that. What you say is stupid, I may think necessary." His chest hurt a little after he said those words, Did I let hyung down with my answer? Minho looked at the older male, but was unable to read his expression.
"Minho, let's go home, please? I don't know what you think is necessary, but I know that if there's anywhere you need to be right now- it's not on this bus." Onew saw the change that took place in Minho's eyes and knew right then why those words had found their way out, "Minho please, I don't know what you're thinking- but place that on the back burner for now. Whatever you're thinking just, don't do it."
Silence fell between the two of them as Minho tried to control the urge to jump off the bus at the next stop and return to his parents' house. After a few tense minutes Minho closed his eyes and took a deep breath, "Hyung, I just want out of this. I don't think I can take much more. It's hurting me, and putting you in danger makes me feel even worse."
"Minho, I'm fine. I'm here for you because I care about you, and I know that whatever is going through your mind right now. It might not help, but only hurt both of us more."
Looking closely at Onew, Minho decided to give in for the time being, "Alright hyung, let's go home."
Onew smiled a little and nodded. The moment the bus came to a stop, Onew stood up and offered his hand out to Minho, who hesitated for a second before taking it and standing up. For today, he would move beyond thoughts of garnering his revenge and focus on keeping Onew-hyung relaxed and smiling. The two got off the bus and bid the driver a good day before heading off into the direction of their 'home.' Not knowing that yet another bump in their happy plans was waiting for them.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Hey there,
I want to thank all of you amazing subscribers and readers for being so amazing!!! <3 <3 <3 <3
Now, I'm sorry this update took so long. (For those who aren't friends with me and haven't seen my updates...) I've been dealing with some health and work issues making updates a little harder to type and post. I'm still trying to get them up, it will just take a little longer than I would like.
I'm sorry again for the delays I (and subsquentially you) will be facing!
Once again, thank you for being so amazing!
~BaiLingLing <3