Right, Sorry. Onew, Got It.

Bus Number 085

 

JiYong was staring at his notebook when Onew came back into the kitchen. The detective hadn't moved an inch since the two had left the kitchen, and now that Onew was back he snapped into attention.
"Mr. Jinki!"
"Onew." He glared at JiYong as he went to the cabinet and pulled down a cup filling it with water.
"Right, sorry. Onew, got it. Are you ready to begin?" 
Onew made his way over to the table and took his seat again. "Sure. I'm not sure what you need me for really, but I'll tell you what I know."
"Thank you, your cooperation is much appreciated." JiYong nodded and gave a slight smile.
"It's simple really. Minho captured my attention long ago. I saw him riding Bus 085 on a daily basis and it enchanted me. I mean, no one ever takes that bus and yet, here he was taking that very bus- daily." he took a long sip of the water in front of him, "On the day of the incident I couldn't control my curiosity any longer and got on the bus myself. I didn't talk to him though while we were on the bus- I guess I was too much of a coward- but I followed him off and stopped him. I introduced myself and then watched as he walked away. I went to a nearby convenience store to pick up a few things. While I was shopping, I saw Minho run past the store. I dropped what I had and followed him. I managed to catch up with him. Somehow or another I ended up bringing him here and allowing him to rest on the couch. I made him some food and eventually he opened up to me. That's when he told me his name, and what happened."
"What did he tell you?" JiYong asked without looking up from his notepad.
Onew let out a sigh. "He told me why he always takes the 085. That it connects to the very religious past that his parents shared. The very same overly religious environment that he grew up in. Then, that his parents started having marital problems that started out bad, and only got worse. He began using that bus as an escape from his arguing parents. The day we met he told me that he went home only to be greeted by the scene in the kitchen. His father was standing over the body of his dead and bleeding mother with a knife in his hands." Onew dragged a hand through his hair, this wasn't his story to tell and it made him uncomfortable to do so.
"Then?" JiYong had yet to look up from his notebook since Onew had started his story.
"Then? What then? He called the cops, he told his story, no one believed him except me, and now you're here and we're in this mess!" Onew stood up and pushed his chair back, nearly losing control of his anger.
"Alright, Onew," he struggled with saying just the nickname of the other man, he was supposed to be 'respectful' to those he was interviewing and using a nickname was anything but, "Why did you continue to allow Minho to stay at your place? He does have a home to go to."
Onew sat back down and gripped the edge of the table trying to calm down, "Yes, he can live here." He decided to speak through his tightly clenched teeth, "His home was taped off, and even if it wasn't his father is still allowed to live there. Minho does not feel that he is ready to see his father yet. I opened my home to him as a friend, free of rent, free of stress, free of his father." Onew narrowed his eyes at the detective, Minho hadn't liked retelling his story- and Onew was beginning to understand exactly why. This detective was really beginning to get on his nerves.
"You realize that him living with you makes your situation look a bit suspicious, right?" The detective finally looked up from his notebook, "Considering how you two allegedly met and all..."
"I don't care. Minho needs a place that he will feel comfortable living in, I'm not about to kick him out." Onew spoke remaining as calm as he could, "This is his home now."
JiYong nodded and gathered his notebook and pen, "That's your decision, Onew, just know that I'll be in touch." He stood up and gave a slight bow, "If you'll excuse me now, I have to get back to the office."
Onew watched as the detective left the apartment and closed the door. Once the door clicked into place Onew released a heavy sigh. He knew that he would be putting himself into jeopardy by letting Minho live with him, but he couldn't help himself. He wanted to help the younger boy, no matter what the costs were.
"Did I put you in trouble?" The small voice shook Onew from his thoughts. He immediately turned to see Minho standing in the doorway of the kitchen.
Onew quickly stood up and went over to the younger male, giving him a hug, "No. I'm fine. I need to know that you're going to be okay through all of this." Onew pulled back, "Will you be?"
Minho looked at the older male with a sheen of tears over his eyes, "If I'm not, will you help me, Onew-hyung?"
"Of course."
Minho just nodded his head before hugging Onew again. If Onew-hyung was going to help him, he knew he would be able to make it through all of the trials and tribulations to come.
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
>.< It's so short~ I was thinking it would be longer... and yet, I failed.... but I got some impportant stuff in here~ ^-^ Thanks so much for being awesome! Oh! And for reading, commenting, and subscribing as you so choose! ^-^ I've noticed a couple of typos (okay, a lot) in the previous chapters (probably some in this one as well), but I have decided that I'm not going to edit them until I completely finish this story. Why? time restraints. Thanks again for being so awesome~ Love to all of you!
~BaiLingLing <3