You Know Her, Oppa?

Vampire Palace

"I’m not like that to you, Minyoung.” L turned around and you heard Minyoung gasp. You looked at her in confusion. L.joe and Chunji looked at L since the only girls he talks to were your friends.

“Oppa, you know her?” You asked. L nodded, looked away, and bolted out the door. “L? L!” You called for him but he wouldn’t turn or anything. “Unnie, am I able to walk and leave the room?”

“I prefer you not to get—“

“She’s the only one who can get him to talk. She’s like his sister. None of us is as close to him as her other than his best friend who is ------‘s cousin.” Chunji said. Minyoung sighed but nodded.

“For only 20 minutes.”

“He’s on the roof.” Chunji said after he asked L where he was. You nodded and got up.

“The roof is left, around the corner, and up the stairs. Good thing we’re on the last floor other than the attic.” You nodded and left. L.joe went to Minyoung.

“Mind telling us what made L leave like that?” Minyoung nodded and started to tell them the story. You were already at the door to the roof. You opened it and saw L leaning on the railings. You walked to him and put your hand on his shoulder.

“What’s wrong, Oppa?” you asked.

“Nothing.”

“I know you. You don’t just say something and leave like that when there’s nothing wrong. Tell me. You can trust me. Please? Maybe there’s something I can do to help.” L sighed.

“You remember when I told you about that girl I meet and dated when I lived in Busan than she moved away a year before I came back after you did?” you nodded. “Well, that’s her. Plus she never contacted me after she left. it was like the second I let her go she forgot about me. I felt like I wasn’t a good enough boyfriend for her to remember. You know I’m still not over her. She broke my heart 2 years ago and I’m still not able to move on. I love her more and more every day.”

“I never meant to make it seem like I forgot you.” You both turned to the door and saw Minyoung standing there with a pained, regretful expression. “It’s just that my parents turned around and said that I was already promised to someone here in Jeju. I begged and begged them to let me be with you but they never once let me. So I thought if I cut all ties with you, you’d be able to move on and love someone who deserves it and is not already promised to someone. For the next year, I was forced to be with some rich guy who I never met before. I’m glad he didn’t force me to do anything with him. Then my parents turned around and said I’m divorced. He divorced me and said that he’s sorry for being the cause of my misery. And for taking me away from someone I loved. He gave me some pocket money so I could leave straight away and find you so I did. He also said he’d send me my things once I found you. But when I went back to Busan everyone who knew us told me that you had left a month prior to my return and they didn’t know where you were headed. So I thought you had moved on. So I came back here and started working here I still live with my ex but now we’re only on a brother/sister level. He’s got a girlfriend now.”

“Why didn’t you tell me you were promised or even leaving?” L’s voice started to rise. “Do you know what it felt like to have the love of your life just up and leave and not leave a note, text, or even a call, saying, ‘Hey, Myungsoo. I’m leaving so let’s break up and never see each other again.’ I’m pretty sure that would feel a lot better than having you just disappear without a trace, like that.” You were shocked to see tears started to collect in his eyes. Minyoung was already crying.

“I’m sorry but mom and dad told me the night before we left. And I couldn’t call you because they took my phone away so I would pack all my stuff instead of talk to you and having you come stop them. I did write a note to you and handed it to a friend who was supposed to hand it to you after we left but come to find out she was coming with us. I would have sent it to you but she wouldn’t return it saying it was for the better if neither of us had it then when Aron, my ex-husband, said he divorced me Aeyoung handed me the letter which I was going to give to you when I saw you again but I never saw you again till now so it’s still at the house. I’m truly sorry for leaving you so suddenly but I had no choice. Can we go back to before I left?”

“I don’t know, Minyoung……Maybe……I just…I need time to think.” With that he left. Minyoung sighed. You went to her.

“I don’t know what to do anymore. I really do want us to be together again but if he doesn’t then I guess I have to let him go no matter how hard it will be for me. I feel sorry for Aron he was always like a brother to me these past two years. He always listened to me when I talked about Myungsoo. He couldn’t have divorced me sooner though he wanted me to be back with the one person I truly loved.” She said. You looked toward the door and saw movement. You smiled and looked back at Minyoung.

“How do you feel about Oppa?”

“He’s my whole world. I was miserable before I met him. I was bullied and abused. Then he came along and helped me. It was love at first sight. He was always on my mind these past two years. I love him. A lot.”

“Then you need to show him. Right now, he just doubts your love for him. Just prove to him that your love for him is still as strong now as it was back then. Well I gotta go my times up.” You said as headed back to your hospital room. Once you closed the door you stopped. “She was telling the truth. I could tell. Just go to her and make things right again.” With that you left and went to your room. L sighed and looked through the window of the door and saw Minyoung leaning on the railings, looking down. *I’ve missed you so much, Minyoung. I want us to be together too, but I don’t know. You’re my everything. I would do anything for you but your parents would never accept me and I don’t want to be the cause of you guys fighting.* L turned and left. Minyoung sighed. *I know you were there, Myungsoo. I just wish you’d understand what you mean to me.* She then left the roof to make sure you were okay after what happened. “Hey, he’ll come back. He just needs time to think things through. Why don’t you come with us so you can get to know him again?” you asked.

“What about my job?”

“We could always use a home nurse. Plus with Gina giving birth next month and ------ being pregnant, we need a nurse near us.” L.joe said.

“Ok. Sure, I’d love to go with you guys.” You cheered. “Well, I have to go and check on my other patients.” You waved bye and she left. The following days, you started to get worried about L. He didn’t talk once since the roof incident. He was always in your room watching TV or on his phone. You started to get headaches from worry and stress that L, Minyoung, the coronation, and the hospital was putting on you. One day, L.joe, Chunji, L and you were watching TV together. L.joe turned to look at you to see that you were sleeping.

“Chunji, watch her. I’ll be right back. L, come with me, please.” They nodded and L.joe and L left. L.joe led the way to the hospital’s garden. “You know ------ is worrying about you.”

“She shouldn’t.” L.joe grabbed L’s collar.

“Of course she should. You’re like a brother to her. What kind of girl would she be if she didn’t worry about her friends and family and want to help in any way she can?” L.joe yelled.

“One who realizes that this one is too far from being helped.” L said.

“You know that is not true. She’s got you, Minyoung, the coronation, the hospital, Gina, and the kingdom on her mind and she is worrying about every single one of them. You know what happens when  pregnant women stresses and worries too much?” L didn’t reply. “They lose the baby. ------ already lost her mother. Remember how she was when that happened? Oh wait, you weren’t there. She was a wreck. She was crying for a month straight and got sick because she cried too much. You remember her face lighting up and that big smile on her face when she talks about babies, let alone her own. Imagine if she lost it. Part of the reason would be you and Minyoung. So get over the past you can’t change it. You still love her. She still loves you. So make up already and lessen the burden ------ thinks she has to carry alone. I don’t want her to lose the baby. I don’t want to lose my baby either. She’s only a month pregnant and already I know the baby has me wrapped around its little fingers. ------ and the baby are the most precious things in my life. I don’t want to lose either of them. And I will if ------ loses the baby. Do you want her to loss the baby? If not, grow up and make things right between you and Minyoung.” With that L.joe left. L fell back on the bench and sighed. **I don’t want you two to lose your baby, either. But if I don’t do something quick they might lose it.** L stood up and walked around to clear his thoughts. He came back to your room just as Minyoung was exiting the room. L grabbed her arm and pulled her to the roof. He stopped and turned around. His heart started to beat faster as he saw her pouting. He looked away.

“Why’d you bring me here? I have other patients I need to attend.” Minyoung said a little cold. L frowned knowing he was the cause of the cold shoulder.

“I’m sorry. I’m really sorry for how I acted the past week. I was shocked to see you after you just disappeared, and to find out you were betrothed to someone else and with them the whole time I was alone was just too much to take in.”

“Look I already explained everything to you. Verbally and in the letter. It wasn’t my fault I didn’t know anything until the day before. And the whole time I was with Aron I was thin-” Minyoung was cut off when L cupped her face and kissed her flat on the lips.

“If you had let me finish I would have said that it was too much to take in, to know that the girl I loved and still love was with another guy for two years…….I’m sorry it took me this long to say it.”

“What made you change your mind about saying it?”

“L.joe. You know, he truly loves ------. He pulled me into the garden and yelled at me for being part of the reason for ------‘s headaches. She was worrying about you and me. He even said that if I didn’t do something quick she might lose the baby from all the stress, she thinks a friend and princess (future queen) has to go through. And I don’t want to lose you forever which I know might happen if I keep pushing you away like I have been. I can’t possibly be able to explain how incredibly sorry I am for how I treated you. I’m so sor-” L’s eyes widen when Minyoung placed a kissed on his lips. For the 9 months they dated she never once kissed him first.

“Just shut up and kiss me already. I forgive y-” L cut her off again by pulling her close and kissed her. The kiss was passionate, sweet, gentle, and slow.  Minyoung shock her head slightly and pulled L closer. “Kiss me the way you’ve been wanting to.”

“I want to start this slow. We did start pretty fast. I have a second chance to make this right. Perfect. I don’t want to rush and lose you again.”

“You won’t. I told my parents that I would run away and never come back and they will never see their future grandchildren if I ever have any if they do not let me be myself and date who want to date even if he is a gangster.”

“How’d you…”

“My parents found out who you were a week after I told them about me and you. And they called their friend and moved the wedding up. But when they saw that I would never get over you even after they told me you were a gangster and part of the group which one member, I think he’s name was Woohyun, dated my cousin and cheated on her on her birthday. And another, who was Hoya? Beat my brother up. But my brother does get on peoples bad side and to mess with a gangster yeah he probably deserved it but still. But I didn’t know any of this until the day after the ceremony. But I didn’t care I kind of figured you were a gangster or something by your attitude towards people. But towards me you were a sweet nerd. And I loved that about you. So no matter what they said to change my mind I still loved you. Gangster or nerd. I love both.” L smiled and kissed Minyoung as deeply as he could. Minyoung smiled and wrapped her arms around L. When they pulled, they both had the widest smile on their faces. “I’m glad I’m on my lunch break right now.” Minyoung giggled and L laughed.

“Me, too. Or else I couldn’t do this again.” He then pulled her as close as he could and kissed her deeply again. What they didn’t know was that you saw L pull Minyoung away and followed them to the roof and saw and heard everything. You smiled and went back to your room. You were upset that L.joe yelled at L but you understood why he did it.

“Where were you, ------?” L.joe asked as you entered the room.

“Oh I was walking around.”

“You seem happier. What happened?”

“I was just thinking about our future. I was thinking of the baby.” You didn’t lie you were thinking about that as well.

“What about the baby?”

“Well like, who it would look like? And how it’ll act? You know the stuff Gina used to think about.”

“She still does. And I was thinking about the same things.”

“Who do you think it’ll look like?”

“Well, if it’s Byungmi I’m sure she’ll be as beautiful as her mother.”

“And what if it’s a boy?”

“If its Minki then I’m sure he’ll be as handsome as me.” L.joe grinned cockily. You laughed and pushed his shoulder. He laughed and back hugged you. “I really want a girl more, though. I want to take care and protect the most important girls in my life. And spoil them.” You giggled and turned around and hugged him.

“I love you, Byunghun.”

“I love you, too, Baby Girl.” L.joe said. He kissed you and you kissed back. You both lied on the hospital bed and L.joe hummed you to sleep like usual. When you woke up you saw Minyoung in the room with L.

“Where’s L.joe and Chunji?”

“Oh they went to get your stuff ready since we’re leaving tomorrow.”  L said trying to hide how sad he’ll be leaving

. You looked at Minyoung and she shook her head and placed a finger to her lips. L didn’t notice since Minyoung was behind him.

“Hey it seems like you two are getting along better. What happened?” you asked, acting like you didn’t see or heard what happened.

“Oh, don’t act like you don’t know. I heard you when you left.” L said. Minyoung smiled and nodded. “I’m really sorry for making you worry.” You smiled and shook your head.

“It’s fine. You two are back together and happy. Hey, L? Can you go get something for us to drink from across the street?” You asked.

“Sure. What do you want?” You told him and he left. Minyoung went to you. “Why didn’t you tell him?”

“Well, I want it to be a surprise when he sees me on the plane with my luggage.”

“Ah. Okay. I understand now.” You two talked. L entered the room and handed you two your drinks. “You know, I have to thank L.joe for making you tell her, L. But I also have to beat him up for yelling at you.” L and Minyoung laughed. Just then L.joe and Chunji entered the room. L and Minyoung looked at you and the three of you busted out laughing. L.joe and Chunji looked at you three in confusion which made you guys laugh more.

“Ok, ------, you need to calm down and rest.” Minyoung said as she tried to calm down.

“Why? Laughter is the best medicine.” You said. Minyoung shrugged and nodded her head as if to say ‘yeah, I guess.’

“I gotta go my break is up.” Minyoung looked at you and L then left.

“Hey looks like you two are back together.” L.joe said. You looked at him with an ‘I-know-what-you-did’ look on your face. L.joe understood what you were thinking. **I’m in trouble now. Hey, but I only did that because I was worried about her and the baby.** He cleared his throat. “We got everything ready to go tomorrow. Have you said your goodbyes, yet? You are being discharged early in the morning.” You and L nodded. L did say goodbye to Minyoung before she left since she said she wouldn’t be here in the morning and her shift was almost over and she was busy with the house and other stuff that needed to be done by noon tomorrow. You smiled when you remembered what happened when you two said bye to Minyoung. **She is an amazing actress. I almost believed her and I know what she’s really doing.** L.joe came to you. “What are you smiling about?”

“Oh just remembering what happened here on this island.” You said. L.joe smiled and kissed your forehead.

“Same here. And our baby.” You smiled and nodded. “Well, we have to go to sleep. We’re leaving tomorrow. The boys are sleeping here as well.” You saw the boys sitting on the chairs by your bed. L.joe sat in the chair that was right next to you and held your hand.

“Can you sing for me?” You asked.

“Sure. What song do you want to hear?” L.joe asked. You thought about it but couldn’t think of a song.

“I don’t know. Just any song you can think of.” You said. L.joe was thinking about a song when you two heard someone singing. You looked at L and Chunji.

Beautiful girl, baby, beautiful girl, lady

You’re my baby-baby-baby

You’re so perfect to me

Beautiful girl, baby, beautiful girl, lady

You’re my lady-lady-lady

This song is only for you” L started singing. You were surprised that he could sing so well.

Do you know my heart, know my heart?

Do you know my heart, do you know my heart?

Do you know my heart?

Do you know or do you not know my heart?

Do you know my heart, know my heart?

Do you know my heart? Oh girl” Chunji sang. You had no idea that he sang either.

Yes, it’s me L.joe

I’ve held back my confession for all this time

I was deeply worried that I would lose a friend

I spent every night laying in my worries

Only the hot sun can comfort me, oh man

I need to be a man and have some courage

If I want to have her

Now let’s set our hearts firm

Say these words that have been deeply hidden in your heart

Shoot that cupid’s arrow

Sing this song of love” L.joe rapped. You smiled and squeezed his hand.

Beautiful girl, baby, beautiful girl, lady

Beautiful girl, baby, beautiful girl, lady

You’re my lady-lady-lady

This song is only for you” All three of them finished. You smiled and clapped.

“I didn’t know you two sang. Especially you, Chanhee. Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I don’t know. I just didn’t think people would…”

“Like a singing gangster prince?” Chunji nodded. “I thought the same but when Sulli and Hyunseung heard me sing  after I was done changing. They forced me to sing for the talent show and when I saw everyone’s face and how I felt singing in front of them. That convinced me to be open about singing.” You looked at L.joe and smiled. “And I had Byunghun’s help, too.”

“L.joe, I’m sure she wants you to sleep next to her.”

“What about you guys? I’ll be on the bed and you guys on the chairs.”

“Who cares about where we sleep? ------ is the important one right now. Every morning when I come and you two are sleeping together, I can see she’s more comfortable sleeping next to you then by herself. And she needs to be as comfortable as possible. Right?” Chunji said L.joe nodded and lied next to you. “Now go to sleep.” All four of you fell asleep soon after.