Recovery

Vampire Palace

“Hey, ------. Please wake up. Please come back to me.” L.joe said as tears fell from his eyes. “I can’t lose you.” L.joe kissed your forehead. He jumped when he pulled back. You were looking at him. “God, give me a heart attack, why don’t you.” You giggled but winced ‘cause your stomach hurt. “You okay?” You nodded.

“Yeah, I’m fine. I’m sorry I scared you. Where is everyone else?

“They’re in the other waiting room. Apparently they wanted to give me some time alone with you. You want to see them?” L.joe said as he got up and turned towards the door. You grabbed his hand and shook your head when L.joe looked back at you.

“No. Can I just be with my fiancé right now?” L.joe smiled and nodded.

“After the doctor does the final checkups. Okay?” you nodded. L.joe pressed the button next to your bed. The doctor entered a few minutes later.

“How are you feeling, -------?” he asked checking your papers.

“I’m good, I guess. The slightest movement of any limb hurts but my stomach hurts the most.”

“Your stomach will hurt for a few weeks.Everything else will heal in a few days to two weeks at most. You have to stay here for a month.” Doctor Kim then left the room.

“--------, did the guys do anything to you?” L.joe asked worriedly. You knew exactly what he meant by that. You shook your head. L.joe sighed with relief.

“No. Not in that way. They only hit me, kicked me, and ripped my clothes. The girls were the one who cut me. There were three that helped me. They never hurt me. They tried to clean my wound and give me food but that ‘Hyunseong’ guy wouldn’t let them. They even got in fights trying to help me. So don’t be too mean to Youngmin, Kwangmin and Gayoon. I could tell they didn’t any part of what happened to me. I don’t know why they were involved, you’d have to ask them.” L.joe hugged you.

“I’ll see what I can do to help them. I’m sorry for not protecting you like I promised” L.joe said.

“You don’t need to be. The past is the past no point in regretting it, there’s nothing you can do to change it. I’m happier than anyone can be right now. You saved me, my knight-in-shining armor.” You said as touching L.joe’s cheek. He closed his eyes and leaned into your palm. He smiled and looked at you. You just looked him in the eyes and smiled.

“Yep, I saved you from the terrible dragons, my dear princess. But not without the help from the rest of the knights and princesses.” You giggled and L.joe laughed.

“Come lay with me.” You said as you scooted over, as the bed was big enough for two. L.joe laid next to you and pulled you close. You hugged his waist and rested your head on his chest. L.joe combed and played with your hair while humming the first song you heard from him ‘Back at One’ by Brian McKnight. “You know, that song’s my favorite, now.”

“Why is that?” You looked at him and smiled.

“It was the first song I heard from you, the first song on our first real date.” L.joe smiled and kissed your forehead.

“It’s mine, too. It expresses my feelings towards you perfectly.” L.joe said. You smiled and blushed.

“I’m glad I met you. You gave my life the love that I couldn’t find. What did I do to deserve someone like you?” You said as you caressed his cheek.

“Nothing. I’m not that special. You’re the special one here. After everything that happened since we came back from my mom’s, your still smiling and with me. It’s not what you did, it’s what I did to deserve someone as, beautiful, angelic, kind, sweet, loveable, amazing wife-to-be, like you.” You blushed again. L.joe kissed your forehead, then your flushed cheeks, then your nose, then your lips. You kissed him back with all the love you had for him. You both pulled back to breathe. You and L.joe talked for a while. The door opened and Gina and Doojoon’s heads popped in.

“--------~ah! You’re alright. Thank god. You had everyone worried.”

“Hey, your glowing, Gina.” You said. Gina looked at Doojoon then at L.joe. They both smiled and L.joe got up.

“I’ll let you two have your girl talk. Me and Doojoon will just be outside if you need us.” You and Gina nodded. L.joe kissed your forehead and Doojoon kissed Gina on the lips. L.joe and Doojoon left the room.

*With L.joe and Doojoon. “So you know Gina’s pregnant?” Doojoon asked.

“Yeah. She was worried about whether she should tell you or not because you wanted to wait to have a child.”

“I’d like to wait, but if she ended up pregnant before we get married like she is already, I wouldn’t care any less as long as it’s mine and Gina’s.”

“She knows that. But she was still worried about it.. She came up to ask about ------- and I noticed she wanted to say something but she didn’t want to bother me with it but I convinced her that nothing she had to say would ever bother me. And if she couldn’t go to anyone else she could always come to me and I’d be happy to help.”

“Thanks, L.joe.”

“You can call me Byunghun. Only ------ and my family calls me that. But since I consider you as my big brother, you can call me that if you’d like.”

“I’d be honored to call you that, Byunghun.” L.joe and Doojoon laughed and chatted a little.

**Meanwhile, with you and Gina.

After L.joe and Doojoon left you turned to Gina who had the biggest smile you had seen on her face. “What is it, Unnie?”

“You’re going to be an auntie.” Gina happily said bouncing on the bed.

“What? Really? You’re going to have a baby?” Gina nodded. You smiled and hugged Gina. “Congratulations, Gina Unnie.”

“Thank, -------. How are you feeling?”

“I’m feeling pretty good. I can’t move my stomach at all though. Plus I don’t want to stay in the hospital for a month.” You pouted.

“I’ll see what I can do. Well, I got to go. Doojoon and I just came to say that the others were going back home. I need to go show U-kiss members their rooms. They have been driving for a whole day ‘cause Alexander called them when you went missing.”

“Plus, you need your rest. For yours and your baby’s health.” You said as you hugged Gina.

“Yeah. Now, I have to eat for two. And do a lot more healthy things.” Gina got up and went to the door. “You guys can come in now.”

“You better take better care of her, now, Doojoon.” You said. Doojoon and Gina smiled at each other. The doctor came in then.

“Mister Lee, she can go, now. But she has to limit her movement as much as possible. So if she wants to go somewhere, help her but not too much. Plus, when she goes to sleep, she might be out longer than normal. That’s fine, it’s her body’s way of getting rid of the stress, fatigue, and everything else that happened earlier. Just checkup on her often just to make sure. Araseo?”

“Araseo. Will do, Sir.” L.joe said.

“I’m going to ask one of the female staff members, if they can get some clothes for you.”

“Thank you, Doctor Kim.” You said. Doctor Kim smiled and left.

“I can go home?” You asked excitedly. Everyone smiled.

“The doctor came to check on you and I told him you were fine and everything. Then I asked him if I could take you home since you don’t like staying in a hospital longer than a day. He said he’d see what he can do and if you’re able to leave, he told me everything I had to do to make sure you heal properly and everything else." L.joe said. A few minutes later a nurse came and handed you some clothes. “Thank you.” She smiled, bowed, and then left.

“We’ll be outside.” L.joe said. L.joe and Doojoon left the room again. Gina helped you get dressed. The nurse gave you light blue flared jeans, a purple flannel, and black flats. When you were done changing, Gina helped you walk to the door.

“Here, let me help you.” L.joe said when he saw Gina struggling to hold you up since you couldn’t really walk because of the bruises and cuts on them. L.joe went to you and picked you up, bridal-style, being careful not to hurt you. You wrapped your arms around his neck and rested your head on his shoulder. You smelled his cologne and smiled. L.joe smiled and kissed your forehead. You nuzzled into his neck as the four of you went to the waiting room to get the others and headed home. When you got to the tree house, L.joe took you to your room ‘cause you had fallen asleep on him. He gently laid you on your bed and covered you up. He grabbed the chair by your desk and sat beside you. He watched you sleep and smiled at your angelic-sleeping face. **Thank god, I got to you in time. I do not want to think of what would have happened if I had gotten there any later. I don’t know what I would have done if I couldn’t save you.** L.joe moved your hair out of face and kissed your forehead. He held your hand and fell asleep.

*After fifteen hours of sleeping, you woke up and looked around. You smiled when you saw L.joe sleeping in the chair next to you while holding your hand. You moved a bit and L.joe woke up. He smiled when his eyes landed on you. “How long have you been awake?”

“I just woke up. Sorry if I woke you.” You said. L.joe shook his head.

“I wanted to be up when you were, so you did me a favor.” L.joe smiled. You smiled back. “Do you want some water?” L.joe asked as he got up to go to the mini fridge Doojoon put in your room while you slept. You grabbed his arm and shook your head.

“I’m good. Just lay with me.” You two talked all day. L.joe would help you walk or carry you where you wanted to go. The others would often come in to see how you were doing and to talk.

“Why don’t you go hang with the guys today, L.joe?” You asked one day.

“What? You want me to leave?” L.joe asked.

“No! It’s not that. I want you to stay but I’m sure you’d like to be with the guys for a day. You haven’t hung out with just the guys, and I haven’t hung out with just the girls in a while. Today, you are going to hang with the guys…” L.joe opened his month to protest but you continued. “…and all the girls will be here taking care of me while you’re out.” You said as you grabbed your phone and called Junho.

“Yobosayo?” Junho said.

“Hey, Oppa. Do you and the others want to have a guys’ night out with L.joe?” You asked looking at L.joe who groaned. He did not want to leave you until you fully recovered at least.

“Why? L.joe being a pest?” He joked. You laughed a little.

“No. He has been a wonderful and patient fiancé.” You said.

“Wait. Are we talking about the same L.joe here?”

“Yes, we’re talking about the same L.joe. Anyway, do you?” You asked again.

“Sure. We’re all in the lounge, bored to death anyways.The girls are out right now and will be back shortly. Oh, here they are. they’ll come with us and take care of you while L.joe’s with us. L.joe doesn’t want to leave, right?” Junho asked.

“Yep. But I’m making him go. He needs it. He needs to be with the guys and not burdened by me all the time.”

“I am not burdened by you, babe. I love taking care of you. Don’t ever let me hear you say something like that again. Araseo?”

“Ara.” You nodded.

“You can never be a burden. Even if you weren’t L.joe’s girlfriend we would still have treated you like a sister. We don’t just like you because you’re a family member’s girlfriend. We love you for you and we love taking care of you. Don’t ever put yourself down like that ever. Well, I have to go. I need to tell the others. We’ll drop the girls off and take L.joe off your hands.” Junho said.

“Thank you, Junho Oppa. See you soon. Bye.” You hung up and turned around to be faced with L.joe. He crossed his arms and ‘gently’ glared at you. You smiled at him and he couldn’t help but smile back. A few minutes later everyone was at your room. Junho, Doojoon, CAP and the other girls came in. L.joe looked at you and scowled.

“I’ll go but I won’t enjoy it.” He said. You smiled and slowly walked to him. He walked to you so you didn’t have to walk much. You wrapped your arms around his waist and squeezed. He winced a little, cause he did get kicked there several times and the bruises hadn’t healed completely yet. You felt guilty cause if you hadn’t gotten kidnapped L.joe and the others wouldn’t have gotten hurt trying to get you back.

“Sorry.” You whispered against his chest. L.joe hugged you back.

“Don’t be. It’s nothing.”

“No. Well, yeah sorry for hurting you just now. But mostly for getting kidnapped. For making you guys worry. And for getting you and the others hurt. And almost making Gina lose her baby before she even knew about him. I’m just sorry for everything.” You started to sob. L.joe hugged you tighter yet gently.

“You have nothing to be sorry for. It’s Hyunah, Sohee, and Hyunseong who should be sorry not you.” L.joe gently said trying to calm you. Gina came up to you and L.joe moved so you could hug her. She gently your hair. You could feel the small baby bump coming in.

“If I hadn’t gone I wouldn’t have found out as soon as I did. I don’t know when I would have found out but I’m glad I did when I did. Plus there is nothing that would stop me from finding and protecting you. You are my sister along with the rest of the girls and all the guys are my brothers. There is nothing I wouldn’t do to protect you guys.” Gina said as she pulled away. She wiped away your tears and smiled at you. Then her expression changed. “Umm…I’ll be right back.” She said as she ran to the bathroom with CL following behind her. L.joe hugged you from behind and kissed your cheek. Gina came back wiping with a towel. Doojoon came up to her.

"You okay?" He softly asked rubbing her back. She looked at him and smiled.

"Yeah. It's just morning sickness." she said.

“You sure you want me to go out with the boys.” L.joe whispered. You nodded.

“I’m sure. I’ll be fine. I have the girls to take care of me.” You said as CAP came over and tapped L.joe.

“Come on. Let’s go and give the girls some time alone.” CAP said. You pushed L.joe towards the door.

“Love you, --------.” L.joe kissed you.

“Love you, too, Byunghun. Now, go. Don’t worry about me and just have fun with the guys.” You said as L.joe left with the boys. You and the girls were planning the baby shower and they were telling you what you missed in school and everything for the past three weeks. When you could walk on your own you went to the lounge and hung out with the others more. L.joe would never leave you alone, he made sure you had someone with you wherever you went, to make sure you don’t over work yourself. You were glad to be finally out of your room. One day Se7en comes with some news from the trial your sister, Sohee, Hyunseong, and their followers had. “So, how’d it go?”

“They all got 15 years in prison and once they get out they are exiled to a secret island that only the ones who harm the royal family go.” Se7en said happily. You looked down. *What about the twins and Gayoon?*

“Thanks, -------.” You heard three slightly familiar voices say. You looked up and gasped. They smiled and bowed to everyone.

“I thought you said they all got punished?” you glared at Se7en. He laughed and ruffled your hair.

“Well, they did. These three are no longer part of them. They are with us, now.” Se7en smiled. You walked up to the twins and Gayoon and smiled.

“I wanted to thank you for trying to help me out when I was captured.” You said. They smiled and nodded.

“We never wanted to live that kind of life but our foster-brother, Dari, forced us when our parents died. Saying that we had to stick together and if we didn’t join them they’d kill us. Our step-brother, Donghyun, tried to reason with Dari, saying we were too young and too weak for this kind of life, but you can guess who won.” Youngmin said.

“Hyunah made me join her. I never wanted to hurt you. Hyunah said that she’d hurt my little brother, Sungmin, if I didn’t help her. I’m sorry.” Gayoon said. You smiled and hugged her.

“Dari may have won in the beginning but Donghyun won in the end. You’re not part of that life anymore and they won’t harm you. Thank you so much for helping ------- as much as you could.” L.joe said coming up behind you.

“No need to thank us. We were glad to help. You’re L.joe, right?” Kwangmin asked. L.joe nodded. “You know ------- never stopped telling us about you.” The twins’ smiles widened when you blushed and hid your face in L.joe’s chest. The others laughed. “You are one lucky guy, L.joe.”

“Yeah. I think so, too. No other girl could compare to ------.”

“I’m the lucky one. To have such a loving and caring fiancé.” L.joe smiled and tightened his grip on your waist lovingly. Making you feel secure and safe. You looked L.joe in the eye and blushed even more at the love and passion for you that show through his eyes. You smiled with crimson red cheeks and he kissed you on the lips.

“Get a room, L.joe.” A voice said. L.joe looked towards the door and smiled. 

******************************************************************************************************************************************************

please comment and subscribe

i love all my readers and subscribers