Rivals

xoxo

Title: Rivals

Summary: Woohyun and Sunggyu are totes rivals 4 lyfe

Rating: 13+

Genres: comedy, dumb

I attempt a high school au.

-

They say opposites attract and…well that really doesn’t have anything to do with this so nevermind…well maybe it might who knows.

(Nah it probably won’t.)

Nam Woohyun stared down his rival, Kim Sunggyu across the school cafeteria as he chucked his lunch tray on the table like a badass. But then he realized what had resulted in his careless tray dumping. His chocolate pudding had spilled all over his shoes. His new black, spiky, awesome shoes.

But Woohyun refused to cry. He was strong. He was a big boy—or er man…boy, person, thing—well you get the picture.

His friend, Dongwoo who was sitting at the table, stared at Woohyun’s soiled shoes.

“You got some poop on your shoes Woohyun—.”

“Its not poop, its pudding!” Woohyun huffed. “Yah, didn’t you just see me spill the pudding—.”

“Pudding, poop, it’s all the same anyways.” Dongwoo shrugged.

“No it most certainly is not!” Woohyun frowned. “Yah, if you think its even remotely the same I think you need some serious help—.”

“Ah, don’t look now!” Sungyeol, their other friend gasped as he tugged on Woohyun’s uniform shirt (that wasn’t tucked in because Nam Woohyun don’t play by the rules). “Its your rival, Kim Sunggyu, who is also the smartest kid in school, and is also the class president and is also feared by everyone and is also—.”

“Yeah we already know who he is! Shut up!” Woohyun groaned.

Sunggyu, approached them along with his posse of Myungsoo, the supposed ‘ice prince’ and Hoya ‘the manly one’ whatever that was supposed to mean. Woohyun believed those titles were nothing more than a hoax since he had seen Myungsoo crying over shoujo manga and Hoya playing hopscotch with primary school kids before.

“Nam Woohyun, refusing to follow the uniform rules again I see.” Sunggyu gave Woohyun a disapproving once over. “What’s that on your shoes? ?”

“No!”

“Oh…”

Woohyun stared at Sunggyu expectantly, but the latter said nothing and merely stared at him silently.

“Aren’t you gonna ask what it is?” Woohyun finally gave in.

“Why?” Sunggyu shrugged. “I don’t care.”

“Then why are you staring at me?” Woohyun folded his arms. And then he smirked. “What’s this? Falling for me—?”

“Your mother dropped off your hemorrhoids medication earlier.” Sunggyu a small white paper bag in front of Woohyun. “She asked me to give it to you.”

Dongwoo and Sungyeol snorted, barely containing their laughter and Woohyun’s face burned crimson in embarrassment.

“This bastard…” Woohyun gritted his teeth, studying Sunggyu’s satisfied smirk. “Now everyone’s probably starring at me…they’re probably laughing at me. They probably all think I have hemorrhoids…they’ll think I’m a loser! Wait! Why am I a loser just because I have hemorrhoids? Does it make someone a loser if they have that? How do you even get that? Do you have to sit on a cactus? I saw that in a commercial once…”

Fortunately no one cared whether Woohyun had hemorrhoids or not. No one cared about Woohyun and Sunggyu’s ‘big face off’ in the middle of the cafeteria either.

In fact no one cared about Woohyun or Sunggyu period.

Sunggyu was the class president for crying out loud. Everyone just thought of him as some stuck up nerd And Woohyun was just some weird idiot that no one cared about because he was really stupid and was always getting a last place ranking for exams. But the sad thing was he didn’t even get exactly hundredth place, because that maybe would have at least helped him stand out. No, instead he got some random number like eighty nine. One time he got sixty-ninth place and he, Sungyeol and Dongwoo laughed about it for a whole day. They were basically the biggest losers at the school and everyone knew it.

Well…everyone except them.

Woohyun stared Sunggyu down, before leaning dangerously close to his face.

“You bastard, want to take this outside?” He threatened. “I’ll—.”

“You’ll what? Poop on my shoes?” Sunggyu snorted.

Woohyun pointed a defiant finger at him. “You bet I will.”

Sunggyu tried really hard not to laugh at Woohyun's cute determination and nodded in what he believed to be a cool manner. “Whatever, I have things to do.”

“Where you think you goin?” Woohyun grabbed his arm, before Sunggyu could leave. “This ain’t over homie!”

Sunggyu made a face. “Why are you talking like that?”

Woohyun blushed. His intimidating act was failing him. “T-That…y-you smell like !” He blurted out. He immediately regretted his words. Because it wasn’t true at all. Sunggyu actually smelled really nice. In fact if they had not been rivals, Woohyun would have definitely asked him about where he buys his body care products and maybe they could share beauty tips and—

“Detention.”

“Hm?” Woohyun blinked.

“You heard me.” Sunggyu frowned, his thick framed glasses sliding a tad lower on the bridge of his nose, before he had to push them back up again. “You’re not allowed to talk to me that way. Detention for you.”

“You can’t give me detention.” Woohyun snorted. “You’re not a teacher.”

Sunggyu sighed, because well, that was true.

“Well fine, but I can convince the teachers to give you detention!” He announced.

“What—?” But before Woohyun could complete his sentence, Sunggyu yanked on his tie, dragging him to the teacher’s lounge.

“Sunsaeng-nim!” Sunggyu tapped the shoulder of Mr. Park, who was having a nap on his desk.

“Huh?” Mr. Park looked up sleepily.

“This student,” Sunggyu gestured to Woohyun, who was standing beside him. “Has been bad, do I have permission to punish him in detention?”

“Punish me?” Woohyun turned to him with wide eyes, hugging his own body nervously. “What’re you going to do to me?”

Mr. Park looked from Sunggyu to Woohyun. “Who’re you?” He asked Sunggyu.

Sunggyu pouted. “Kim Sunggyu! I’m the class president of—.”

“Oh yeah ok sure whatever.” Mr. Park waved him off, before resting his head back down on his desk. It’s not like he cared anyways. He was going to retire in a few months and then enjoy a nice vacation on Jeju Island…or maybe even Hawaii. Mr. Park had big dreams.

“Is that a yes on the detention?” Sunggyu asked excitedly.

Mr. Park merely grunted, and Sunggyu took it as a yes. He proceeded to drag Woohyun to the deserted part of the school, and into an abandoned classroom.

“What’re you going to do with me?” Woohyun looked around the dusty classroom.

“What do you think?” Sunggyu slid the door shut rather aggressively, before he sauntered over to the other student. “Its detention…so I’m going to punish you.”

Woohyun stared at him and Sunggyu stared back.

“Is this legal?” Woohyun finally asked, skeptically.

“No, probably not.” Sunggyu shrugged.

“Oh ok, then. I was just wondering since you seemed like a good student and all, and I figured you wouldn’t want to do anything illegal since that would be sort of hypocritical since I’m supposed to be the one in detention for being bad and—.”

“Are you trying to convince me not to do this?” Sunggyu interrupted, clearly amused.

Woohyun narrowed his eyes, suspiciously. “What is this exactly?”

Sunggyu drifted closer, cornering Woohyun against a musty desk. “Well…”

‘It hurts!” Woohyun whined. “The pain is too much!”

“Yeah, how do you like that?” Sunggyu smirked, victoriously. “How do you like the pain of losing checkers five times in a row?!”

“You cheated!” Woohyun flipped the board over, scattering the small red and black pieces all over the floor.

“Someone’s a sore loser.” Sunggyu snorted.

“I’m not! You cheated!” Woohyun pointed an aggravated finger at him.

“Please.” Sunggyu scoffed. “I’m too good to cheat.”

“Good?” Woohyun folded his arms. “In what way are you good? You’re just a big old meanie pants.”

“Meanie pants?” Sunggyu couldn’t help the slight grin forming. “That’s the worst thing you could come up with?”

Woohyun groaned in frustration and glared Sunggyu down. But Sunggyu wasn’t giving in either and stared right back.

“You want to kiss me!” Woohyun suddenly blurted out. He immediately regretted it obviously. Especially since he was actually the one who was suddenly thinking about wanting to kiss Sunggyu right then. In fact it was something he thought about quite often. Obviously he didn’t want to admit that though. “What am I thinking?!” He bit his lip, wincing.

“…What?” Sunggyu blinked.

“Y-You heard me!” Woohyun’s mouth suddenly started speaking words before his brain could make sense of them. “You so want me!”

“Damn what the heck is wrong with me?!” He panicked, but Sunggyu seemed to be buying it and was staring at him in shock, almost as if…Woohyun’s words were right.

“N-No I don’t!” Sunggyu stammered, sounding way more like a cliché high school teenager in an opposites attract teen romantic comedy than he ever wanted to.

“Well anyways,” Woohyun shrugged, planning his quick getaway to escape the awkward scene. “I have a lot of girls waiting for me and I’d rather kiss them so—.”

“Liar!” Sunggyu interrupted. “Yesterday I saw you reject the only girl to ask you out in five months!”

Woohyun paused. “You…you were watching me? Stalker!”

Sunggyu gasped. “I-I’m not a—!”

“Wow! Who would’ve thought? The Kim Sunggyu, class president, goodie-two-shoes guy is a stalker for a bad boy like me—!”

“Bad boy? Please. Last Wednesday you tripped over your own shoelaces and bruised your elbow in a flower patch and then you had to get a hello kitty band aid.”

“How'd you know that?!” Woohyun pointed excitedly at the class president/stalker. “Because you were stalking me—!”

“N-No I—!”

“Kim Sunggyu is a stalker!” Woohyun yelled out, in hopes that the entire student body would hear him and Sunggyu could feel the shame.

“Shut up! I’m not—!”

“Kim Sunggyu is a stalker for Nam Woohyun because he loves Nam Woohy—!” Suddenly he was shoved against the desk and a pair of lips crashed into his. Woohyun whimpered at the impact, squeezing his eyes shut. Kim Sunggyu was kissing him! Kim Sunggyu was actually—.

“You can open your eyes you know?” Sunggyu’s breath was on his ear. But…how could that be if his lips were…

Woohyun’s eyes fluttered open, only to see Sunggyu grinning at him…and the lips of a plastic fish pressed to his own mouth. Woohyun totally did not squeal as he shoved the horrendous rubber thing away from his precious mouth.

“W-What the hell!?” He wiped his lips in disgust.

“What?” Sunggyu tilted his head in amusement. “You were expecting something else?”

“T-That…” Woohyun trailed off, his cheeks reddening with color. “T-This ain’t over homie!” He blurted out and ran out of there as fast as he could.