Lies after Lies

Its your choice

Chaerin POV

The shocking question robbed him of speech and panic started to engulf him. Its been already  a few second and he has yet to utter a word.

“Oppa!” I squinted my evil eyes because I knew something was up, “You’re not cheating on me are you?” I growled.

“Uwahhh the food here is so yummy~” Jiyong tried to shake of the awkward ambiance.

I really didn’t meant to asked Soohyuk right at that moment but I just couldn’t wait to hear from him. I’m sorry towards Yanggeng and Jiyong Oppa for creating such a scene and making them so uncomfortable.

“Ani its okay~forget it~ Oppa wouldn’t cheat on me right~? The food is getting cold.” I took a piece of meat and fed him while keeping a grudge.

I don’t think we’ll be able to talk about it again because I’m busy with my schedules. Thus I had to leave them to attend the radio show.And again there goes our relationship drifting apart as usual. Sometimes it is just so hard to keep up with everything because I’m an idol. I have a career that always get in between my personal matters and I have to put a pause to it.I hate the fact that we’re always having a silent war and we always try to brush it off as soon as we meet. One day the fight is going to be huge.Just when I thought and set aside a day to meet him and talk things out because I just cant stand the sight of this cold war,an article came out.

“Chaerin-ah,are you going to meet soohyuk today?” Dara unnie whimpered and she tuck herself under my blanket and laid down beside me.

The sun glare pierced through my eyes, “ah unnie? Wae? I was thinking of meeting him today but I don’t know if I should.” My throat was still sore from yesterday’s show , “ahh unnie my throat condition is not good~”

“Chaerin-ah~” Dara unnie’s facial muscle twitched nervously.

“ahhhhh waeee unnie~!”

“First and foremost,keep calm,don’t be shocked and take it as it is..” Dara hand over her phone,  “You know right this is just rumors~Life of an idol as you know,it’ll always be like this~”

Anger coursed through my veins for a moment as I read the article,

KARA's Hara was supposedly spotted on a date with model-turned-actor Lee Soo Hyuk in Japan.The two stars were seen shopping together in Tokyo's Harajuku district on July 29 by both Japanese and Korean fans. However, the agencies of both parties have denied the rumors and come forward to state that they're just friends.

“Unnie this article came out last month right?So which means its nothing. Why are you showing me this? I’ve already seen this. Aigoo unnie I’m going back to sleep I am so tired.” I threw Dara Unnie’s phone lightly to her stomach and push myself backwards with closed eyes.

“But that’s not it Chaerin. The actual one is this~ get up and read.”

“Aigoooo this unnie~” I took her phone back with confidence to prove that I was not bothered by what Dara was thinking.

This time round,I was really losing my sanity.

I read it aloud,“KARA's Hara and model-turned-actor Lee Soo Hyuk, who previously dismissed dating rumors after being spotted shopping together in Japan back in July, had fans questioning their relationship status once again after Dispatch released new photos from another outing, in Korea this time.The photos are apparently from the night of August 11th at around 9 PM when Hara, Lee Soo Hyuk, and their mutual friend Hong Jong Hyun enjoyed a night out at a Chinese restaurant in Cheongdamdong, Seoul. Hara and Lee Soo Hyuk both wore their caps to be more discreet and were spotted exiting the restaurant one-by-one.

Mingled resentment swirled around inside , “ Unnie this is not  Soohyuk oppa right?”

At the same time,I received a picture send by an anonymous number.

“Oh God please give me a break.” I laid back down and covered my face with my pillow and screamed my lungs out.

“wae chaerin? Who texted you?” I threw my phone on the wall and it fell few cm away from Dara, “ahh wae wae?” Dara got annoyed and picked my phone up, “Oh.My.God. I’m seriously getting angry for you too Chaerin. Unnie is seriously mad right now!”

Yes. A picture of Hara and Lee SooHyuk kissing at a bar.My hands were trembling in anger. I remembered that day so clearly. It’s still fresh in my head. It was that unsettled conversation we had and we’ve been dragging it. So this was it. I finally got my answer. That girl’s voice was Hara. I knew it. It sounded so familiar.My temples throbbing in unbearable pain.

I should be receiving a call at this moment but why would a coward do that? He would probably trying to come up with some worthless excuses.Once again I brushed it off. Although it was painful at least I’m trying.Thank God it was on my off day and I bet he would be thinking that I wouldn’t have time to get hold of my phone. “That’s the way Lee Chaerin” I told myself as I was getting ready for a night out, “ Life have to still move on.Live life to the fullest.No douchebag could stop you~ LET’S GET MORAL TONIGHT PARTY!PARTY!PARTY!”

SooHyuk POV

“ARE YOU CRAZY?! WHY DID YOU SEND THAT TO THE REPORTERS!” I bellowed.

“WAE?! I told you before right to not mess around with me!” she retorted.

“I even gave you my schedule! She’s my girlfriend and we have yet to meet up since the last months while I am here  with you for almost every week-“

“that is just excuses! JUST WHERE WERE YOU WHEN I ASKED YOU OUT LAST NIGHT?!”

“ I TOLD YOU I HAD A SCHEDULE RIGHT! YOU’RE NOT EVEN MY ING GIRLFRIEND SO JUST BACK OFF! I MADE IT CLEAR TO YOU THAT I HAD A GIRLFRIEND AND I LOVE HER! YOU’RE THE ONE WHO KEEPS ON BUGGING ME AND DON’T YOU DARE TELL ME WHAT TO DO NOW” I hung up the phone as anger was swelling up.

“what should I do?What Should I Do? WHAT SHOULD I DO ACKKKKKK!” I punched the wall.

“Ah Hyung calm down~manager hyung is trying to block all the articles from spreading~” JongHyun patted my back.

“Saying it is easy. Try being in my shoes and theres this unexplainable anger inside you! I’m going crazy,really!How dare that threatened me!”

“who? Hara? Aigooo I should have taken her phone and delete that picture right away that night. Sorry hyung~”

“Ani its okay. I’m so worried for Chaerin right now. What time isit now? I have yet to call her since the article came out in the afternoon. She should understand right? Aish jjinja I cant even go out right now!The reporters should be loitering right at the carpark~ugh”

“Hyung are you insane?! You should’ve called her just now! Things would be complicated now. OH My God this hyung is so stupid! Call her now! Its past midnight already!”

My stomach muscles fluttering. I couldn’t get through her phone.My racing heart churned currents of anxiety.

Instagram Update:                                                                                                                                  [10 hours ago]

chaelin_cl You might win some but you just lost ONE 

“ She need to trust me.”

The clock is ticking and 24 hours had past but she still wouldn’t answer my call. I could barely get any sleep. She’s the only one for me and she need to know that.And in order for her to know,I need to prove it. I must.

“this wouldn’t do. Me sitting around here like this would only make things worst. Ya hong Jonghyun get up. You got to help me with this.”

We planned out our route to get away from all the reporters that had been camping around my apartment.We were both on a mission acting all ‘charlie’s angels’ and got our way safely to my car.

Chaerin POV

“come drink this. Omma brought it for me just now. It should help you with your hangovers” Dara Unnie hand over a warm cup. “Aigooo chamm just how much did you drink last night~” as I gulped down the hangover drink, “ Sober up. Its almost an end to another day,you should wash up and eat. I cooked your fave food~”

“komawo Unnie” I am more than thankful to Dara Unnie who stayed by my side and even rushing over to picked me up when I passed out. “just how long did I sleep~I’m hungry” I sighed and head to the bathroom.

“unnie this smells so good~!” I picked up my chopstick and start gobbling down my food when suddenlt the door bell rang.

“Ani its okay I’ll get it. You should continue eating, “ Dara Unnie volunteered.

It was suddenly so quiet.

“Unnie who is it-“ I turned around with chicken drumstick in my mouth. My jaw dropped. I rolled my eyeballs on him and continue eating.

He just stood there immobolised.I was getting anxious as Dara unnie still wasn’t back in her seat. Don’t tell me she went to Minzy and Bom Unnie’s dorm. “Aishhh leaving me like this”,I thought.

After I was done with eating and cleared up the table,I totally acted like he was invisible.His presence just give me spasm of anger.I went over to the couch and switched on the tv. I saw his shadow walking towards me. I’m trying to act all cool although I’m bursting into cold sweat.

“Chaerin-ahh~”

I pointed at the tv , “OMG HAHAHAHHAHA HE IS SO FUNNY!” I ignored.

“Chaerin-ah please~ I know you’re ignoring me. I know its all my fault. But its not like what you think it is.”

My smile vanished, “then what isit?” I gazed forlornly.

“You know those articles are not true. Well we did went dinner together. Jonghyun was also there. And yes that voice that you heard that night was her. But I swear to god there’s nothing going on between us~”

“Oh really?”

“Yes! Why would I lie?You know I love you no matter what right? I wanted to see you yesterday but there were just so many reporters.As you know Hara just broke up with that guy from Beast, so I was just being nice to her and to also repay her back when we were in japan. You understand what I mean right?” he looked at me worriedly.

“So nothing is going on between the both of you?” I tried to sound a little friendlier.

He took a seat and held both my hands tightly , “yes nothing is going on. Not at all. I only treat her as a dongsaeng and I am indebted to her.That is all.”

I smirked and took my hands out of his grip, “Just as dongsaeng?” I took my phone, “so this is your ‘dongsaeng’?” As I predicted,he sat there paralyzed not being able to even utter a word. If there really was nothing going on,he would already said something. “This is ridiculous.”

“where did you get that picture?”

“so now you’re admitting to it?” I stood up and  clapped like a seal , “you’re really DAEBAK.”

“I SAID WHERE DID YOU GET THE PICTURE?!” snatching away my phone and deleting the picture.

“WHY ARE YOU RAISING YOUR VOICE AT ME?! WHY DOES IT MATTER WHO SEND THIS?” I laughed , “wae?what other excuses are you going to use this time? You were drunk?or maybe Hara get you in this?wae? WHY ARE YOU NOT SAYING ANYTHING?!” pangs of sorrow pierced my heart. Grief was eating me alive.

“will you just please believe me?I’ll tell you everything but not now.i just cant. Please Chaerin,believe me. Someone set me up~”  He was sobbing on his knees.

Tears cascaded down my cheeks, “why cant you tell me now? Ohh ahhh right you and hara~its okay I understand.Don’t worry I won’t send it to the reporters~ with me its always safe.”

He stood up and shook me hard , “ I’M TELLING YOU ITS NOT! I’M NOT WITH HER!!” he forced a kiss making me fall backwards on the couch. His grip was tight I could barely push him away. My lips were getting numbed.

“GET AWAY FROM ME!” I Pushed him away with all of my strength. He wasn’t bothered and tired for another round when I suddenly lay a finger on him.

That one tight slap echoed back and forth in the living room, “GET OUT OF MY SIGHT!!! RIGHT NOW!!!”

I could already see the visible red marks of my hand plastered on his cheecks.

“I’m gonna come back and prove to you Lee Chaerin,” With that he left.

My wobbling legs finally gave out. I closed my eyes in guilt and clenched my fist. “I shouldn’t have slap him”