VIII.

Ellipsis...

Chapter 8.

It was very quiet in this building in white. Everyone –the nurses, the doctors, the visitors, and also the patients- wore a serious-look on their face. Just like them, Eric and I were restlessly waiting outside the emergency room. We could not sit still. Like a hyperactive child, we were moving around, but with that bothered look on our face.

I could not remember how many minutes passed by, until the time when the doctor appeared in front of us. He removed his mask, and revealed his front row of teeth, in which suggesting me that our Hyesung survived.

“He’s fine now. He had lost quite an amount of blood. Fortunately, his wrist was not wounded deeper, or else, it could be a serious matter. Anyway, he’s still having high fever, that’s why he is still unconscious right now. However, he probably will be okay soon.” He informed, “Please let him take a good rest, do not disturb him until he’s awake.”

“Yes, thank you…” Eric bowed. And I imitated him.

After Hyesung was moved to the patient’s room, Eric undoubtedly went into the room and held the weak guy’s hand.

Hyesung was lying in the bed, with that pale look on his face. His lips were dried. His dark circles were never as obvious before. He never looked as weak before.

On the other hand, Eric looked so depressed. I even spotted some sparkling teardrops wandering at the corner of his eyes, as he held Hyesung’s hands tightly. I had never seen him as worried before.

I exited the room and rested on the plastic bench located nearby the room, as I needed time to clear my mind. Things happened too unexpectedly these days, and they have made me felt so worn out.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

The screen of my phone showed the name ‘Minwoo’.

I picked it up and heard Minwoo voice, “Mika? Are you okay? You’ve been away so long… Did you manage to get the pants?”

Pants your …

He did sound worried about me; however, I was quite annoyed because of his concern towards his pants.

“Minwoo-sshi, I’m in the hospital right now… Something happened to Hyesung… When you’ve finished your schedule, remember to visit here, along with other Shinhwa members…”

“What?? Hospital??? Is Hyesung okay right now??”

“Y-yea, he’s fine now, but still unconscious at the moment… I guess he needs some emotional support…”

“Really? Ah, sorry, I gotta continue my recording now. I’ll visit him after this. Tell Hyesung I love him~ <3” Minwoo said in his aegyo tone before he ended the call.

I slotted my phone back into my pocket. The surrounding was quiet, until I heard someone was speaking.

“……” I heard Eric’s voice, but I could not hear what he was saying. Out of curiosity, I walked to the door and peeked on the little window on the door, to check out whether Hyesung has woke up.

No, Hyesung had his eyes shut.

Eric was holding onto Hyesung’s left hand, and whispered, “Hyesung ah… Look at yourself, this beautiful wrist is scarred. Won’t you upset about it? Even if you wouldn’t, my heart hurts seeing you becoming like this.”

“But, Hyesung ah, you’re not stupid… The real stupid is me… silently, quietly, and foolishly loving on this person and wasting all my love on him… And today this person, he willing to die for a girl…” He buried his face in the blanket.

Did Eric just confess…? He sounded too solemn; I could not consider it as a joke.

Although I had been imagining things all the while, I had never expected to hear the truth to be identical to my imaginations. I was dumbfounded as I stare at the little window.

“Can’t you just promise me to never leave this stupid alone…?” The ‘real’ stupid asked, while lowering his head.

Hyesung did not respond to him at all. Wait… From what I could see, Hyesung’s eyes were half-opened… He was awake??? Since when…?

As Eric was still lowering his head, he did not sense that Hyesung was actually awake.

After the heartbreaking confession, he eventually lifted his head up, to look at the guy, who was pretending to be asleep. Of course, Hyesung will continue to be ‘unconscious’, until whenever he wants…

The sudden confession might be too abrupt. I guess not only Hyesung, but me too, would rather to pretend that I did not hear it at all…

I could not stand to look at the scene of the two together. Both of them were giving me hopelessness because of their love.

One is willing to die because of the loss of his love; another is willing to protect his love and remain in the background, without anticipating for any return.

“Haish… I don’t know about this…” I scratched my scalp, and headed to the lift to leave.