chapter 13

One Kiss and You Become Mine. *Editing*

Baekhyun closed the door and fisted his hands so they would stop shaking before turning to see the person that he had been waiting to see for so many years.

“Baek…” The woman whispered taking small steps towards the boy.

“Mum…” He replied in a ghost like voice, he was not ready for this, he wanted to run, but somehow his legs wouldn't move.

“I can’t believe I found you.” She cried, tears falling from her eyes. “I have been looking all over for you.” She explained while hugging him when she finally reached the boy.

Baekhyun was shocked; he didn’t know what to do. “What?” That was the only thing that was on his mind at that moment.

“Oh, you don’t know how much I missed you.” Baekhyuns mother said again hugging even tighter.

“You… missed me?” he asked trying to find if she was joking or something. 

“Of course I did, I really regret leaving you… I know I shouldn’t have done it… I shouldn’t have left you alone.” The woman broke the hug and then looked at him with teary eyes. 

“You've became even more handsome.” She smiled as she lifted her hand to his cheek, caressing it softly. “It was so stupid from me to leave.”

“You didn’t forget me?” Baekhyun asked finally, not believing his own ears.

Everything that was happening now looked like dream to him, but what confused Baekhyun the most was that he didn’t know if he wanted to wake up from the dream or stay in it. 

“Of course not, how could I forget you?” She sputtered hugging him again as if she was trying to believe that he was really in front of her. “You are my son.”

“W-Why didn’t you come back for me then?” Baekhyun embarrasingly stuttered .

He heard his mother sigh before sauntering over to sit at her desk while pulling a chair for Baekhyun to sit on.

Baekhyun walked to her slowly sitting while waiting for her to talk.

She began to talk about how she couldn’t forget him, and that the guilt was eating her alive, and every time she wanted to go back and see him, something was stopped her.

She was afraid if she had actually came back nothing would change. Her selfishness would always stop her from going to take her son.

“Every time I decided to come back for you, I would remember your dad, I’m sorry... I know it was selfish but I didn’t want to go back to him, life with him was so hard.” She wailed tears starting to fall yet again.

Baekhyun didn’t know what to say, he was mad but he was also  sad at his mother reasons.

“So…” he began “You left us because you don’t deserve this life, but you left a small ten year old with someone who is mentally younger than him alone, just because you don’t want to live like that?” He asked the bitterness shown strongly in his voice. “But I had to stay there… why? What did I do?! Why should I be the one who was left behind?!”

His Mum looked down and she looked like she was ready to fall down on her knees in front of him to beg. But that would be throwing her pride away.

“God, I was so stupid. I regret it every day, but I couldn’t go back… I really tried!” she exclaimed.

“Tried? Just tried? Do you even hear yourself? How could you do that?” Baekhyun was mad, he couldn't believe his mother.

“Baek, please listen to me!” she pleaded and when Baekhyun didn’t say anything else she continued wearily.

“A year passed and every night your image would haunt me, I felt so much guilt but at the same time I didn’t want to go back, and when I finally got the courage to go and find you, you were already gone, I asked the house owner and she said that the father of the boy died not long ago, and the son was kicked out because he couldn’t afford paying the rent.” She said and Baekhyun could remember living through everything she said.

In the second year after his mother leaving he was 11 years old, and yet the life wasn’t easy on him, he remembered going out of the house for work and when he came back everything was gone, his father was gone, at that time he felt so much emotion.

Sad, happy, guilty, and angry for many different reasons.

“In that moment I felt like dying when I thought of my son wondering around with nothing… and I kept looking for you, but I could never find you.” she said sorrowfully holding Baekhyun's hand.

“Do you know what happened to me in that period? Do you have any idea how much I suffered? I was too young, I was lost, I knew nothing and no one yet I survived.” Baekhyun uttered quietly the tears that he was holding finally slid ing down his cheeks.

“I know! I was a bad mother, I couldn’t even protect my own son!” She exclaimed holding his hand tighter. “I tried to fix my mistake by finding you, but I never did, sometimes I would think that you were already dead…”

“So you remarried and had another son?” he asked with spite in his voice.

“I’m so sorry, please let me fix everything…” she whimpered.

“You can never fix what you did, my childhood was taken away from me, and I have never lived like the other kids… I have never played with toys, I have never went to the street and played with the other kids the same age as me, I had to grow faster than the others to take care of dad, but what did you do? You left me.. I was ten for s sake.” Baekhyun cursed.

“Do you how hard it was for me to be the working one in the family that had to support the one that was waiting for me at home while seeing the other kids playing and just wasting time? I thought life wasn't fair, why should they have a nice family and a happy life while I have nothing?”

“I know… I know I can’t go back and change my decision, I love you and your father from my heart, but I couldn’t live like that, I got sick of it!” She said looking down, she knew her words sounded pathetic.

“You couldn’t live like this?! You got sick of it?! You are an adult! Even if you hated it you should have dealt with it and not throw all your problems on a ten year old boy!” Baekhyun yelled try to think in his head what the his mum was talking about.

“Baek! Please listen to me! I’m so sorry, I know I shouldn’t left like that, but … now I've found you, please let me fix it… ” She pleaded.

Baekhyun didn’t say anything he just looked at her for the last time before wiping his tears of off his red cheeks, stadning up and turning his back to her.

“There is nothing for you to fix, I have to go. I have a job and I’m already late, anyway nice to meet you again mother” He sneered said before opening the door and walking out.

Behind him, his mother fell on the chair again crying harder.

I know I can’t fix what have I done, but still I want to try...

______________________

Chanyeol stoodd up as soon as he heard the door opening to find Baekhyun breathing heavily with blood shot eyes.

“Baek…” he said hugging the boy tightly, trying to comfort him. 

Baekhyun didn’t say anything and just quietly hugged the taller one back resting his head on the older man's chest.

“Thank you for staying with me.” Baekhyun muttered in a low voice.

Chanyeol broke the hug and kissed Baekhyun softly on the lips.

Chanyeol wanted to know what happened quiet badly now but he didn’t want to force Baekhyun to speak, he wanted the other to tell when he was absolutely ready.

“Where do you want to go? I'll take you out.” Chanyeol asked wanting Baekhyun to think about something else.

“To the coffee shop, since I’m already late for the book shop.” he said and Chanyeol nodded while holding him against his own body tighter.

“Let’s go then.” Chanyeol kissed Baekhyun one last time before taking the bags from the floor and holding baekhyun's hand.

Sorry Channie, I will tell you soon, but just not now.

______________________________________

Don’t hesitate another minute please take away my heart


Yes, the sharper the better, the night that even the moon has closed her eyes


If it were any other man, if it were a single verse taken from a comedy


Burn all the scars you’ve exchanged for that

 

Kai couldn’t take his eyes away from the boy who was now singing.

His voice was so pure yet so very powerful.

To say he was amazed was a misunderstanding.

Baby don’t cry tonight after the darkness passes


Baby don’t cry tonight it’ll become as if it never happened


You’re not the one to disappear into foam, something you never should’ve known


So Baby don’t cry cry my love will protect you

 


Every note would pierce Kai straight in the heart.

How had he lived his live without this voice to listen to?

The boy looked at Kyungsoo who was now closing his eyes while singing his heart out.

‘Can someone be this perfect?’

His heart was beating quicker and quicker at the thought.

The early sunlight comes down


A blinding force that reminds me of you comes down


At last my eyes that lost their way Cry cry cry
 

The song soon ended and Kai was clapping so hard and loudly that everyone in the club looked at him weirdly, but he didn’t care and continued his applause which had made Kyungsoo blush.

When Kyungsoo got back to his seat next to Kai and another student had went to the stage to sing, he hit Kai harshly on the shoulder.

“Why did you hit me?” Kai whined while he pouted his pink lips.

“For embarrassing me...” Kyungsoo said shortly. But redness was starting to creep up on his cheeks as the embarrasement leaked in.

“But you were amazing! You are so going to sing for my team!” Kai said excitedly.

“Your team?” Kyungsoo asked confused.

“Yeah, you know Exo? They are looking for new members.” Kai smiled as he leaned his head on one of his hands while staring at the other.

“Of course I know them, but why should I join?” Kyungsoo asked starting to try and avert his eyes from the man in front of him. 

“Because you have a voice of an angel!” Kai yelled again making some of the club members look at them with glares in their eyes.

Kyungsoo only blushed hitting the other on the shoulder again but this time it was a lot harder.

“But seriously! You must do an audition!” Kai shouted rubbing the sore spot and Kyungsoo only smiled at him, his eyes glowing.

_______________________________

“Yah! Baek!” Someone yelled making Baekhyun wake up from his day-dream… again.

“What?” He asked looking at his work-mate Joon.

“I have been calling you for the past five minutes, are you okay?” Joon said looking concerned.

“Yeah, sorry, there is just something on my mind.” Baekhyun said smiling.

“If you don’t feel well you can go home, I can tell the boss.” Joon suggested to him.

“It’s okay really, but thank you Joon.” Baekhyun said, Joon gave him one last look before leaving to serve the customers.

Baekhyun sighed for the nth time that day, mopping the floor with more power, trying to get all of his pent up anger out.

He had been mopping the same spot for 15 minutes now, but he couldn’t help but to think about what happen earlier. It was just bugging him way too much.

Finally, after so much time waiting, he met his mother, but not in the way he thought he would.

But he still felt a little happy knowing that his mother didn’t forget him, and tried to look for him, and that she did also regret what she did, but he can’t forgive her for the way his life turned out, at least not yet.

He looked at the clock; and smiled a little because his shift was almost over.

.

.

.

Baekhyun was about to go out the shop when his phone signaled that he had a new message.

 

Kyungsoo

I’m in front of your house; I know your job is over for the day so hurry up.

 

I forgot that Kyungsoo was coming over.

 

Baekhyun cursed in his head as he obeyed the text and started to hurry up as he knew that making Kyungsoo wait was defnintely a bad thing.

 

_______________________________________________

Baekhyun arrived at his room at the rooftop to find Kyungsoo waiting for him at the door.

“Ah finally you are here! Hurry up, I’m freezing!” Kyungsoo yelled when he noticed that it was Baekhyun at the top of the stair's.

“Okay, okay jeez you are so moody, it’s not like its warm inside anyways.” Baekhyun mumbled taking the key from his bag and began opening the door.

Kyungsoo walked in first sitting on the bed rubbing his hand to try and gain some heat, and Baekhyun did the same copying him.

They sat in silence for a while untill Kyungsoo started to speak.

“So…” he began “You missed the school day because…?”

“Yeah, sorry about that.” Baekhyun laughed nervously while scratching the back of his head, trying to act cute in front of Kyungsoo.

“I was so worried! You know you could at least call me.” Kyungsoo said pouting.

“I know, I was not in my right mind... sorry” Baekhyun replied at him, ignoring the aegyo on Kyungsoo's lips.

“Tell me what happened?” Kyungsoo asked a hand now on Baekhyun's thigh.

“Today I met…uh...” Baekhyun begin but stopped.

“You met who? Tell me?!” Kyungsoo asked eagerly. He was probably pushing it a little but he was too curious.

“I met my mother.” Baekhyun mumbled but it was defintely loud enough for Kyungsoo to hear.

Kyungsoo didn’t reply so Baekhyun looked to his left to see why his friend wasn't talking to find him looking shocked with wide eyes –wider than normal- and an open mouth.

“Yah! Say something!” Baekhyun hit Kyungsoo on the shoulder lightly, successfully waking him up from his daydream.

“Your mother?” Kyungsoo replied just to make sure that he heard correctly

Baekhyun nodded a small smile appearing.

“Yes …”

Baekhyun then told everything to Kyungsoo starting from the moment she walked to class, to his breakdown in the bathroom, to the rooftop.

“I want a caring boyfriend too.” Kyungsoo said with his lips outwards in a pout cutting Baekhyun's story.

“Jongin looks like a good catch.” Baekhyun said smirking when he noticed the blush on his friend's face at the mention of the other boys name.

“Anyway… keep talking!” Kyungsoo exclaimed changing the subject.

Baekhyun laughed but started once again and talked about how his mother called him, and the talk he had with her.

“Wow, fate is so weird, how you could find her like this?” Kyungsoo said and Baekhyun just shrugged.

“It’s good that she was looking for you right?” Kyungsoo pondered at the boy opposite him.

“I guess, at least that mean she didn’t forget me.” Baekhyun said shrugging.

“So, what are you going to do?” Kyungsoo asked looking at Baekhyun who was looking lost.

“I don’t have an idea, I guess I will just go with the flow.” Baekhyun chuckled a little, but they both knew the anger that was in it.

“Hey Baek?” Kyungsoo called at the other one.

“Yeah?”

“Does Chanyeol know?”

Baekhyun sighed when he heard the question and Kyungsoo knew that it meant no.

“You have to tell him, it’s not something you can hide you know.” Kyungsoo said again.

“I know, and I will, just not now…” Baekhyun mumbled trying to get off of the subject of telling his boyfriend about what happened today.

“Don’t worry everything going to be okay.” Kyungsoo hugged his friend lightly.

“Thanks Kyung… I really don’t know what I would do without you.” Baekhyun grinned as he threw his arms around the other in no time and squeezed.

After a while they broke the hug just sat there in a comfortable silence.

“By the way Soo…” Baekhyun said making Kyungsoo look at him.

“I have noticed a few things about you and Jongin, mind to share?” he grinned cheekily with a smug look.

“There is nothing to say.” Kyungsoo strted to look away but Baek can always tell easily when his little friend was telling a fib.

“Kyungsoo...”

“Okay fine! He asked me out!” Kyungsoo said covering his red face.

“Oh my god! That’s good, you like him right?” Baekhyun jumped forgetting about his problem from the most part. 

“How did you know I like him?” Kyungsoo asked as he didn’t recall telling him anything about Jongin and his feelings.

“Oh please it’s so easy to see! Anyway what did you say?”

“That he should show me first why I should date him, then I would decide.” Kyungsoo chirped.

“Playing hard to get, I see?” Baekhyun smirked, his teeth showing a little bit.

“Shut up…”

Both of them started to laugh at the look on Kyungsoo's face. Even though the actual boy couldnt see, just seeing Baekhyuns adorable giggling face made him start.

“Oh! I remembered something!” Kyungsoo said excitedly.

“What?”

“You know, there is a band in our school called Exo, Jongin and Chanyeol are members there, they are having an audition apparently, and Jongin told me to try it, could you do it with me?” Kyungsoo pleaded at Baekhyun.

“Uh.. but I can’t sing.” Baekhyun denied laughing awkwardly.

“Bull, I heard you singing once when you thought you were alone in the shower room after the gym, your voice is perfect, it’s even better than mine!” Kyungsoo proclaimed smirking when he saw the panicked look on his friend's face.

“But still, I can’t sing in front of someone...” Baekhyun quietly squeaked, his eyes looking down.

“Please Baek, I really want to do it with you.” Kyungsoo looked at his friend with his big eyes.

“Even if I sing and we make it, I can’t enter any after school activities; you know I have jobs to do.”

“I know, just sing with me this time, even if we make it, I would join alone, okay?” Kyungsoo tried to get his friend to agree once more.

Baekhyun nodded before giving a small nod.

“Yay! You are the best!” Kyungsoo yell happily.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

another chapter is up :D yaay~

so now you know a little about our baekkie~ sad right? :( 

anyway~!! what do you think?