Regret...

15 years later

The wedding was a great success; there were tears and laughter in an epileptic mix of emotion.

At the end of the party Yongwha drove seohyun home, as any gentleman should.

Seohyun was still in a daze from the nights events,

 Yongwha decided to break the silence.

‘So did you enjoy yourself tonight? You were surprised right.’ She didn’t respond immediately.

‘Yes…yes I was.’ She stopped all chance of conversation with her cold reply. Yongwha just continued to drive into the city and tried to find something to say.

He knew she would be angry, I mean not only had he kept the whole façade from her, he gave the idea to keep it a secret in the first place! He couldn’t tell her the truth so he would just have to come up with an excuse.

Yongwha turned into seohyuns’ parking lot. She got out solemnly and Yongwha decided he had to say something. But before he could muster anything she turned to him.

‘Thank you for the ride home, I appreciate it.’ She turned to leave now. But Yongwha grabbed her hand now.

‘Hey I’m sorry…you know that I never wanted to hurt you right?’ seohyun looked up to his eyes, full of sadness and worry.

‘I know,’ she smiled. She let go of his hand and walked towards the lift. Yongwha sat back in car and drove off.

Seohyun paused looking at the car leave the parking lot. She felt overwhelmed but at the same time more peaceful then she had in a long time. Everything that happened today was surreal. A dream that she couldn’t believe was real.

Yongwha. How had he managed to do that?

How had he managed to come back into her life like this? All over again she felt the locks in her heart breaking,

All those feelings and emotions she felt when she was just 20 years old ….are coming back.

She was scared, scared of herself and her feelings. The vow that she made to girls generation doesn’t matter anymore. She no longer has the legion of male fans who would murder if she considered marriage. And most importantly the vow she made in that park…

*Flashback*

Seohyun is trembling as she watches Yongwha’s retreating figure. She was a forbidding person. She knew everything. She knew about his feeling and her own but she…

She let him down, it was necessary but she had to do it. It was the only way she could stop him getting in the midst of her world; her messed up world.

She heard some footsteps behind her. It was her manager-oppa.

‘Did you do it seohyun-ah?’  He asked cautiously as he placed his jacket on her trembling shoulders

She nodded, not wanting to verbalise what just occurred. She felt stupid and cruel…just cruel.

‘You know it’s for the best hyunnie.’ He tried to say comfortingly, but as soon as he uttered the words ‘hyun’ she couldn’t bear it anymore. She looked up to him and started crying bitterly.

‘Why! Why can’t I just…be with him?’ she cried as she reached to her manager-oppa for comfort. He patted her head like a little child. He knew why, she knew why, everyone knew why.

‘Seohyun you said you didn’t want to bring Yongwha into sm affairs. You know how dirty they get. You know that once he starts going out with you he’s going to get pestered by sm. You know that they are going to do everything to make his life and yours hell. You know there’s no way he would be happy.’

‘I know…I know.’ Seohyun said. She knew how sm dealt with ‘outside’ relationships. She knew how difficult it would be for him to survive without changing. Without becoming one of them…like her.

‘I don’t want him to change; I want him to stay the way he is forever. My handsome happy little choding’ she said smiling. Her manager-oppa helped her up and began walking towards the car.

Before she left the park, she paused and looked at the lone bench. Her manager-oppa was honking in the background.

She whispered ‘I love you too’ into the wind.

*flashback end*

Seohyun sat down on her bed and sighs. The day’s events and her memories, all mixed up together to give her a colossal headache. She didn’t want anyone to know the truth of their relationship, most of all him.

‘I don’t regret what I did back then…I don’t…I don’t ’ she murmured to herself as she drifted into dreamland. A place where she could be happy and she could be herself. Where she didn’t regret…

---------------------

 

Months went by and seohyun drifted into a deafening state of normalcy.

  She began to take up many strange hobbies, like walking around in the park and going to the mall. Extremely weird hobbies for a member of girl’s generation.

She was also spending time with Yongwha, it was really nice. He would come pick her up and they would spend much more time together.

With cups of coffee in their hands they talked about the early days. The days when they thought they had so much to lose.

She would always feel so sad thinking about those times, the nostalgia brought back the regret that she was trying to fight for so long.

If only she had let go of her foolishness…then Yongwha would be with her…they could be happy.But it’s too late…

 

--------

 

dun dun dun!!! 

hello my lovely gogumas!! I updated just like i promised

i know this chapter is a bit ambiguous and perhaps not enough yongseo...but i'm working on the next few chapters, so there will be an update soon enough. Also I decided against deleteing the story, but it wil be shorter than I orginally planned it to be. 

take care my lovelies, anticipate the next chapter! I'm going to try to give this story some...momentum keke

<3 <3 <3