secrets,songs and sayonara

15 years later

 

The bride and groom kissed and the whole room started cheering yoona started to cry again but was comforted by her mother and her snsd sisters. The blue twilight went beautifully with the colours in the room and everything was perfect.

The reception was on the patio/deck outside. The stars had come out and were accompanied by the fairy lights everywhere. The band started to play and the bride and groom had their first dance, the both smiled and danced slowly to the music

‘See I told you everything would work out’ jonghyun whispered into her ear. Yoona pouted playfully at his words and laughed slightly. But in her heart she agreed with him it was perfect in the end, everyone she loved had all come together in this perfect place, she couldn’t be happier.

 

Seohyun stood at the side of the dance floor, she looked stunning standing there gazing on all the people, she looked at the dancing couple and smiled to herself, she could see that they were made for each other. Though she was still hurt from being kept in the dark; tonight she will be happy, for them

Suddenly on the stage the band stopped, Yongwha jumped onto the stage and commanded everyone’s attention

‘Hello everyone, it’s the best man!’ he smiled and got everyone’s attention

‘I dedicate this song to my member, my right hand and best friend; lee jonghyun! Congratulations and have a great life with your great wife!’

Jonghyun and yoona laugh and smile warmly at Yongwha who is sitting with the band with his guitar and starts playing a familiar tune.

*love light starts playing*

Yongwha sings jonghyun part softly, as he does his eyes wander to seohyun looking at him and he winks.

She smiles, and remembers the episode where he confessed he wrote this song for her. It brought happy memories and she laughed when he said the famous ‘I’m genie for you girl’ line. He never broke eye contact with her as he was singing it felt as if the whole room was empty and it was just him and her, he was singing for her, he was there just for her.

Suddenly everyone started to clap as the song finished. Seohyun came to her senses and joined in with the clapping. She saw Yongwha go up and give jonghyun and yoona a big bear hug, and found herself almost envious of their closeness.

 

The band started playing again and all the couples came to the dance floor and began to dance to all sorts of songs. And the night went on; seohyun began to sway to the music and was rather jealous of all the girls dancing with their partner.

Suddenly someone tapped seohyun shoulder

‘Hello cheerful’ Yongwha said to her. She laughed and smacked his head playfully

‘I am happy for your kind information’ she pouted at him, he laughed at her and extended his hand

‘Care to dance with me? After all you are my wife’

‘ex-wife’ seohyun corrected but gave him her hand and was thus led onto the dance floor. Seohyun knew this song; it was a part of the original Cinderella soundtrack,

‘So you sang the song again,’ seohyun said, Yongwha smirked

‘You remembered, I wrote it while we were doing wgm, it was very…special.’

‘Why was it special? Yongwha smiled and looked at her

‘It was a sort of roundabout way of me confessing’

‘Oh’ seohyun said feeling embarrassed on the topic; truthfully she knew this but never wanted to bring it up

‘Now, now don’t get awkward about these 15 years later!’ Yongwha said, seohyun laughed at his inability to cope with awkward situations.

‘Yes, let’s not fret over follies 15 years later’ they both smiled .She started to sway to the music with Yongwha and they both looked into each other’s eyes.

Yongwha began to sing along

‘So this is love mmmm, so this is what makes life divine’ seohyun laughed and joined in

‘I’m all aglow mmmm, and now I know, the key to all heaven is mine’

‘So this is the miracle that I’ve been dreaming of so this is love, so this is love’ they were looking into each other’s eyes when she was looking at every feature of his face. His eyes his nose, his cheeks, his large forehead which was covered with hair and lastly his lips, his lips that were pulled into a warm welcoming smile, lips that she wished deep down would always smile just for her.

‘Ahem…everybody could I have your attention please’ the groom said while tapping his glass

Everyone in the room stopped dancing and faced him. Jonghyun was standing by the band awkwardly a bit unsure how to go about his speech

‘As you all know, I’m married’ he said, earning a few laughs and a bit of confidence

‘But this could only happen due to those two people over there’ he pointed at seohyun and Yongwha

‘Thank you yongseo couple, if it weren’t for you I would never have gotten my happily ever after! I dedicate this next song to you hyung and sister in law’ he raised a toast as the band started to play…BANMAL SONG???!!!

Everyone laughed and continued dancing while seohyun was completely shell shocked! She felt weird being made a part of this, as she had no idea before but somehow happy that wgm not only had made her happy but the people around her as well

‘Who could have thought this would happen?’ seohyun asked Yongwha.

‘Definitely not me, but it’s weird how many things happened because of that show. I feel like I owe our popularity to you hyun.’ Yongwha said somewhat begrudgingly.

‘No, on the contrary because of you people began to notice me. Before wgm I was just another member of snsd who didn’t stand out but you gave me a persona a likeable character I was able to do so much more because of that.’ seohyun said that and meant every word

Yongwha reached up and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear ‘it takes time for pearls to form, I just acted as a catalyst’

‘Ditto’ she said playfully, she noticed his gaze on her and she felt somewhat entranced by it. He looked at her with so much care and love that they were beginning to forget where they were or what they were doing.

They spent the whole evening like this, in each other’s arms, whispering and giggling over fond memories as if it were the most natural thing for them to do. Seohyun could hardly recognize herself; she was laughing, talking and giggling as if she was 20 again and all those negative thoughts were tucked away in her head somewhere.

The wedding was coming to an end when suddenly…

‘WHATS UP PEOPLE!!’ hyoyeon was shouting form on top of the stage. Seohyun quickly ran up to join her unnies as did yoona.

‘We snsd, have officially disbanded!’ *sad whines from all over the room* ‘BUT today is the wedding of our beloved centre IM YOONA! So we have decided to perform our hit song genie as our present to her and her present to her gorgeous husband!’

Everybody started cheering when the nine girls stood in formation

sowoneul malhaebwa
ni mamsokae itneun jageun ggoomeul malhaebwa

as they started to get closer to the chorus more people started to join in

geulaeyo nan nul saranghae
unjaena miduh ggoomdo yuljungdo da joogo shippuh
nan geudae sowoneul ilyuhjoogo shipeun (shipeun) hengoonae yeoshin
sowoneul malhaebwa (i'm genie for you, boy)
sowoneul malhaebwa (i'm genie for your wish)
sowoneul malhaebwa (i'm genie for your dream)
naegaeman malhaebwa (i'm genie for your world)

Together with all the friends and family snsd yoona and seohyun danced their hit song for what felt like the last time. They were all near tears, yet, having the time of their lives. Seohyun had never felt this free and relaxed in her entire life.

Yongwha and jonghyun were standing outside the hall and looking out to the sea which by now was a black blanket across the bleak land.

They were staring out into nothing and yet it felt as if there were an immovable object in front of them. Yongwha looked sombre and quiet.

Jonghyun looked at him and finally spoke up ‘hyung, what are you doing.’ It was phrased like a question but didn’t feel like one purely because jonghyun knew. He knew that what Yongwha was with seohyun is not all that it seems.

‘’why are you asking that now jonghyun? It’s too late now’ Yongwha said, unmoving he kept his gaze at the sea not even flinching with a single syllable.

‘Don’t you think it’s too cruel?’ jonghyun said while he tried to pry some emotion out of his hyung.

‘I don’t know jonghyun; I don’t know anything about that. I just know that nothing can be done now. It’s all started, and not I or you can do anything about it’

Jonghyun sighed as he turned to leave

‘I trust you hyung, I believe in you. Don’t forget that’ jonghyun said before he left to say his final goodbyes to the guests.

Yongwha stayed outside and continued to gaze at the sea. He lifted his head to look at the stars, he wasnt an astronomer but he could see all the patterns that the glittering gems made and it made him happy.

‘Thank you jonghyun, I’ll just have to trust myself as well on this one’