15 years later

15 years later

Seohyun sits down and sighs

It’s been quite a journey and so many things have happened, who knew she would be here after such a long time. It’s been almost 20 years since snsd first debuted to think it is all over is quite astonishing. Now she is 35 years old, she is a veteran singer who was once the youngest in the industry. She smiles thinking about this as she does this small wrinkle form over her face. She isn’t seo-baby anymore she is so much more now.

Truthfully she isn’t as sad as she was 2 years ago when snsd officially disbanded. She knew it was coming, I mean Hyoyeon, Tiffany and Sooyoung had already got married; Sunny and Jessica had fiancés; yoona was also involved with someone but she hadn’t fessed up who yet and taeyeon was a mother now!. It was getting troublesome with the whole girls generation image.Even though they hadnt put out music for a while to officially break up like that...it almost destroyed her. She is lucky however she has good friends who helped her through the whole thing.

She sighs while waiting patiently for…

‘Hyun!’ she turns to see none other than Jung Yongwha running towards her. They have been on good terms since wgm ended, however they rarely ever met up. This was an unusual thing for Yongwha to ask to meet seohyun personally.

‘You’re late’ she looks at him with mock sternness, he laughs and shrugs

‘Never mind that how have you been? I haven’t heard from you since big breakup/disband.’ He looks at her. Like her he has also formed small wrinkles on his face but nonetheless he is cheerful and keeps his smiling face.

‘Yeh…I’ve been dealing with it. I’m not a young girl anymore, I’m not pretty anymore I shouldn’t go around prancing around like I am’ she laughs bitterly

‘What are you talking about? To me you will always be that 20 year old awkward girl who tried so hard to show interest in me’ he winks at her. ‘Personally I like this seohyun better she keeps in contact with me, that young girl didn’t call me once!’

Seohyun laughs; she is slightly embarrassed by what he says.

‘Thank you, you were always really nice oppa, but my time has gone by and my charms have run out.’ She turns to look at him ‘what was it that you wanted to ask me?’

‘Oh right’ he pulls out an invitation ‘Jonghyuns getting married’ seohyun turns and gasps

‘Really? Omo that’s news to me I didn’t even know he was going out with someone!’

Yongwha laughs ‘yeh you know how secretive he is, I mean I’ve only met the girl a couple of times myself and had no idea they were this serious! But I trust him and I know he would always do the right thing.’ He smiles slightly and turns to seohyun ‘I’ve some to ask you seo joohyun, will you be my date for the evening?’ seohyun gapes at him. She turns her head solemnly and looks down

‘Why are you asking me, I’m sure you could ask anybody prettier and younger than me, you have enough fans for that…’ her voice trails off and she looks a bit troubled

Yongwha sighs and grabs her hand ‘babo’ he smiles brightly ‘who better to take to my dongsengs wedding then my wife? And aren’t you my fan?’ seohyun smiles slightly ‘yes’

‘There you go then’ he gets up quickly ‘it’s settled then I’ll pick you up at 5 on Sunday, oh and don’t worry it’s a private event there won’t be any paparazzi’ he smiles and gathers his things

‘BYE BYE SEOHYUN’ he shouts as he runs back, seohyun smile softly but inside she is restless. She doesn’t know how he could come meet her as if nothing has happened and lead her to act the same. She was grateful but it hurt her pride that he didn’t remember…

-----