The quartet.

Bodyguards For Ninjas
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

❝chapter 02; _______________________________________________________________________________                                    We don't need to make things clear. We're the quartet.

 

-YiKi's POV-

 

“WHAT? AGAIN?!” RyeongUn exclaimed and rolled her eyes in disbelief. “I thought Himchan oppa will be okay if it’s Yongguk oppa that you like, who is he, your dad or something?”

 

RyeongUn scrunched up her nose and scoffed. She has always been the one closest to me ever since we’re adopted. Although Seora is the same age as us, she tends to be more mature and hangs out with the unnie- SeulGi. Our fake “maknae” Hana always clings onto RyeongUn no matter where she goes, hence the three of us spent more time together. While HaIn, our real giant maknae, is slightly 4 dimensional, and tends to appear and disappear whenever she likes

 

To the outside world, it looks like we all live in separate houses in the same neighbourhood, and that we’re nothing but ordinary high school students.

 

But we’re not.

 

Using the hill as the middle point to split the neighbourhood into two, most of the houses on the right are “just for display”, where in fact they are all leading to our underground headquarters of our organization- The Garden of Eden.

 

I was two when I got adopted together with the rest, by Shang, our Shifu*master. He trained us for 7 years in Japan the ways of a ninja. Free running, disguise, concealment, archery, medicine, gathering information and techniques of non-detection, avoidance, misdirection, everything. Everything, but assassination.

 

Still, we’re trained the basic attacking skills for self defense.

 

The Garden of Eden’s protocol : To kill rather than to be killed.

 

After the 7 long years, we came back to Korea to live as normal citizens by day, and continues training at night. Until HaIn reaches 16 years of age, which is later this year’s March, we will not receive any mission from the Head. Still, it won’t be too far away anymore, I can’t wait to receive our first mission and be called a real shinobi!

 

I chuckled lightly and slung my hand over RyeongUn’s shoulder.

 

“Perhaps. That idiot is going all out to make sure I’ll die a nun. Sobs forever~” I faked a cry and leaned my head on her shoulder as we continued to walk to school.

 

“Does Himchan oppa likes you? I think he does! That’s why he’s not letting any other men near you, so he can claim you as his and keep you for himself!” RyeongUn said with a cheeky wink and nudged me slyly.

 

“Hahaha, that’s impossible! Himchan has half of the school’s girls ogling over his beautiful, flawless face and he doesn't even bat an eyelid, with another half of the girls spazzing over our Daehyunnie. Why would he ever like a plain face flat chest like me? Oh.. and speaking of that idiot..” A toothy grin curved up my lips as I saw the familiar pair walking down the paveway in front of us towards school.

 

“DAEBUTT~” I screamed as I sprinted down the paveway and jumped onto the brown hair dude who was not even surprised anymore.

 

He swiftly grabbed both my legs which have clung on tightly around his waist; from the way he always carries his backpack to the front, he was prepared.

 

With both my arms around his neck, I rested my head on the crook of his neck and whispered, “Morning y~”

 

Turning around to face YoungJae, “Morning not as y~”

 

YoungJae pulled a face and playfully flicked my forehead as I growled in pain, and skipped towards RyeongUn at the back.

 

Turning around to the direction YoungJae is running to, Daehyun grinned and shouted, “Morning pretty!” With RyeongUn waving happily in reply.

 

And with a softer voice and a snicker, “Morning not so pretty~”

 

I turned my head and bit his shoulder in revenge as he yelped in pain.

 

“YAH JANG YI KI! I’ll put you down if you do that one more time!”

 

I sticked

Please log in to read the full chapter